View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: [News] July 2011 Council Elections

Hello Visions!

Saya’s 3 month council term has come to an end. So now we’re doing a council election.

The election process will proceed as follows:
- A private poll has been made listing all the candidates for Council. Vote here! http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=71616&gid=103748
- Only members can view this poll
- Only Councils are able to see specifically who voted for who.
- Members can vote for only ONE Council candidate using the private poll
- Members cannot vote for themselves. The vote will be disregarded if you vote for yourself.
- Members are not allowed to nominate once the elections have started, but they can suggest candidates for the next month’s election.
- Although member votes are HEAVILY taken into account, the final decision is made by residing council members so as to preserve the order within the guild (we have had issues in the past that we would like to avoid)
- If a member is voted to be council but has no desire to become one, the runner-up will be declared council
- The election will begin on the 1st of every third month and will end on the 7th of every third month

These are the people that the residing council members feel would be good future councils:

Saya
Soph
Link
Allen
Lunarkite

This election is open from tonight until the end of July 10, 2011.

Read all the responsibilities of a Council at http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4935830&gid=103748

Vote on the survey! http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=71616&gid=103748

Use this forum to ask questions or post comments!

As I said before, anyone who wants to be council or saya, if you want to continue to be council please be active in testing.
Tamaya~
Legacy Member

re: Re: [News] July 2011 Council Elections

Cyril0321 wrote:
Hello Visions!

Saya’s 3 month council term has come to an end. So now we’re doing a council election.

The election process will proceed as follows:
- A private poll has been made listing all the candidates for Council. Vote here! http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=71616&gid=103748
- Only members can view this poll
- Only Councils are able to see specifically who voted for who.
- Members can vote for only ONE Council candidate using the private poll
- Members cannot vote for themselves. The vote will be disregarded if you vote for yourself.
- Members are not allowed to nominate once the elections have started, but they can suggest candidates for the next month’s election.
- Although member votes are HEAVILY taken into account, the final decision is made by residing council members so as to preserve the order within the guild (we have had issues in the past that we would like to avoid)
- If a member is voted to be council but has no desire to become one, the runner-up will be declared council
- The election will begin on the 1st of every third month and will end on the 7th of every third month

These are the people that the residing council members feel would be good future councils:

Saya
Soph
Link
Allen
Lunarkite

This election is open from tonight until the end of July 10, 2011.

Read all the responsibilities of a Council at http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4935830&gid=103748

Vote on the survey! http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=71616&gid=103748

Use this forum to ask questions or post comments!
Is bring one great? idk if i should be one or not?
A.Walker
Legacy Member

Did everyone including Cyril forgot about this?
MMLink
Legacy Member

I didn't

I voted owo; I don't need to know the candidates platforms owo;

♥ Saya ♥
The Sexiest Mage in Visions.

Awarded:

I was already told the results.. Emi told me o3o idk if she closed the poll down or not though

Photobucket
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

We didn't forget! The poll ended just yesterday. Tonight was the announcement =P

Here are the results!

Forum Image

Congrats Allen! Let me know if you will be okay being council for 3 months! I'll be giving you information and access tomorrow when you do.

Based on those percentages and my hunch, I can safely assume that only 8 people have voted.

No me gusta lo

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Healing Gibby wrote:
Based on those percentages and my hunch, I can safely assume that only 8 people have voted.

No me gusta lo

ya I suppose it's obvious we're not getting enough members participating in council elections. This is probably our lowest number yet! If members do not like to vote in council elections, we may need to do something else instead to pick councils. This method obviously has been becoming ineffective recently! =P

I admit I didnt vote at all. Mostly because I dont see half them members online often.

Cyril0321 wrote:
Healing Gibby wrote:

No me gusta lo

ya I suppose it's obvious we're not getting enough members participating in council elections. This is probably our lowest number yet! If members do not like to vote in council elections, we may need to do something else instead to pick councils. This method obviously has been becoming ineffective recently! =P
'

After careful consideration (and some brief browsing through the forums), I came up with a suggestion.

Make the friggen candidates involved in this >3>;
This time around, NOBODY DID ANYTHING (except allen)

Example: Lampert notes everyone to go vote for him when an election comes up.
Annoying? Yes
However, it attracts the attention of a good portion of the guild. Thus, more people participate (even though they may be voting based on name recognition >3>; I find that more people voting is a good first step).

Nov 2010
I liked this election because so much people were involved in it. 23 people participated. As you can see, the thread is filled with comments about Sap's comical poster. Thus, it should be safe to say that sap's attempt of getting votes had greatly increased the amount of people voting.

May 2011
18 people voted in this one. It's not as much as the previous example, but I liked this one because it's ideal. It shows that members were interested in what the candidates would DO with the council position.

Baaaaaa. I don't want to give a whole list of examples and links, so I'll just end this with this

Healing Gibby wrote:

Make the friggen candidates involved in this >3>;

That is the end of my post.

A.Walker
Legacy Member

If it seems like I'm not active lately, it's because I just don't like playing in heat, but I will be more active now.

I'd be happy to be council.
Kogami
Legacy Member

A.Walker wrote:
If it seems like I'm not active lately, it's because I just don't like playing in heat, but I will be more active now.

I'd be happy to be council.

No offence. But you will only play now that uare council?

Kogami wrote:

No offence. But you will only play now that uare council?

Well I didn't quit it's just I don't like playing when it's hot, and my room can go up to more than 90 degrees.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: