Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> The Story Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
iamheartless
Legacy Member

user avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 113

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
I just read this story this guy made and its a real eye opener. Like seriously, this should win an award at least.


It's called The Egg, its not my story, so I don't take any credit for it. I just thought it was good enough to share with you guys.

It's only about a few paragraphs long, so please read it.

Link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html


_________________
dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

♥ Saya ♥
The Sexiest Mage in Visions.

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 1106

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
wow.. makes u look at the world a bit different eh?


_________________
LOL WIN! FLASHY MABINOGI! xD!!!

Photobucket
MMLink
Legacy Member

user avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 1060

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
That definitely is interesting.
I do hope reincarnation exists.


_________________
iamheartless
Legacy Member

user avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 113

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Indeed other-me's.


_________________
dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
So this is saying that animals do not have souls like human beings since we only reincarnate as other human beings? Is it implying that we can abuse animals? =P


_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
Mbun
Mbun
Buns of Steel

user avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2009
Posts: 455

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Cyril0321 wrote:
Is it implying that we can abuse animals? =P


D:
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

user avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 1609

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Being as christian as I am, I find that to be very blasphemous.....


_________________
Just remember, i am always watching you... always.
♥ Saya ♥
The Sexiest Mage in Visions.

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 1106

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
lampert wrote:
Being as christian as I am, I find that to be very blasphemous.....
find it wha..... lampy dont use big words like that!!! its too late err early since its almost 4am, for me to go look up the def of tht word!!


_________________
LOL WIN! FLASHY MABINOGI! xD!!!

Photobucket
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

user avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 1609

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
♥ Saya ♥ wrote:
lampert wrote:
Being as christian as I am, I find that to be very blasphemous.....
find it wha..... lampy dont use big words like that!!! its too late err early since its almost 4am, for me to go look up the def of tht word!!


Being blasphemous means it's disrespectful and irreverent to God. Such as saying there are "more of his kind".


_________________
Just remember, i am always watching you... always.
MrCudlyPoofs
The One Who is "Genderly-Challenged"

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 845

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Btw, nice story. I like the concept of different concepts xD Reminded me of Doctor Who 8D

Forum Image <---- David Tennant (10th Doctor)...SO HAWT WITH GLASSES +_+

Cyril0321 wrote:
So this is saying that animals do not have souls like human beings since we only reincarnate as other human beings? Is it implying that we can abuse animals? =P


“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years..."

What I got from that is that he implied he can be anything and he was something else in a past life...and he implied that the guy is everyone and everything...so abusing animals would be like slitting your own wrists xD

Lampert wrote:
Being as christian as I am, I find that to be very blasphemous.....


Let's not get into religion. :S <----- Largest argument you can probably make a scene of. (Upset my bf once~)


_________________
Jehuty00
Jehuty00
The Engineer

user avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 180

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Andy Weir wrote:
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”


He's implying that every times he dies, he reincarnates into someone else because hes everybody on earth.

Andy Weir wrote:
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”


Let's say its true, not just for him, but for every individual on earth. Let's just say God made incarnation possible.

Why does he bother saying this? Revelation 21:4 "4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

No death, then no reincarnation. Then what is after death?

John 5:28,29 "28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."

But, why do we die in the first place? Romans 5:12 "12 That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned."

Romans 5:23 "23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord."


Andy Weir wrote:
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”


100% wrong. Isaiah 44:6 "6 “This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, ‘I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God"

Not to start a religious debate but this is SOME of the things the Bibles says. So is not a reincarnation that is expected, but a resurrection. For more information let me know anytime


_________________
Help woman with their baggage. Make them feel safe and secure

Photobucket
iamheartless
Legacy Member

user avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 113

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
How about you be a little more open minded and assume it is. I'm sure God wont mind if you just think about it.


_________________
dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MrCudlyPoofs
The One Who is "Genderly-Challenged"

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 845

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
AHEM. Again, let's not get into religion please. It starts issues. We all have our own beliefs. No need to start an argument, no matter how strongly you feel about this story, whether it be negative, positive, or neutral. Thanks.

-Poof


_________________
BloodEternity
Sr. Member

user avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2009
Posts: 846

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Calling it an egg reminds me of the story of the Egg of Neaniss from Kara no Shoujo o.O

You know-- there's many beliefs out there-- don't take your bible and assume it's like the physics textbook since even though it's the physics textbook, it's been oversimplified so even that doesn't work well.
Btw if you say "You're going to hell for saying that", I'd just say "I don't believe in that place" >.> either that or some Satanist things to mess with you


_________________
Photobucket
To summarize G9 and G12...
♥ Saya ♥
The Sexiest Mage in Visions.

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 1106

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Egg (Amazing Story, Really)

0
Hey!!! u idoits start to fight about this anymore ill delete this thread. im not gonna have u fight about something so dam stupid. im annoied at how much fightingjas been going on lately! not just in the guild, in mabi, or on here, I mean everywhere!! Im srsly over the foghtong that has taken place in this dam world!! just quite it so we can continue our lives!


_________________
LOL WIN! FLASHY MABINOGI! xD!!!

Photobucket
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> The Story Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum