View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

re: [Event] Mystery Bachelor! - (RESULTS)

Forum Image

>>>!!!The results are in...!!!<<<
Forum Image

Congratulations Hyourin! Unfortunately, he isn't actively playing Mabinogi anymore and would like to hand the award to next runner up, whom is non other than Gibby!!!

Forum Image
"Congratulations Gibby! You have won the hearts of Visions!"

Honorary Mentions and thanks to:

1. Hyourin
2. Jehuty00
3. Bloodxreborn
4. Kogami
5. Hestan
6. Lunarfire
7. MMLink

The answers are in! We originally started with 8 bachelors! Unfortunately, only 6 were able to make it all the way here. Good luck bachelors and may the hearts be with you! Voting starts now!

A few rules still apply!

- The bachelors may not reveal themselves and will be revealed at the end of voting.
- There's still chances for disqualifications.
- Voters may choose to judge each bachelor as they wish.
- (Don't be too harsh though. These guys took good effort in participating in this event! :P)
- One vote per voter.
- Voting ends in one week, next Sat. (6/18)
- Event details here: http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6763243&start=0&gid=103748

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contestants!

Forum Image

Bachelor #2 wrote:

1) What are your hobbies?
1. Singing
2. Finger Tutting
3. Basketball
4. Animal Caretaking
5. Gaming

2) Describe the perfect date.
The perfect date would start off with a visit to Japan town in San Francisco! We could easily spend a good measure of time just strolling around looking at any shops that pass by. I know a certain shop that has "Dolls" of anime, such as Naruto Shippuden, Fruits Basket, and Ouran High School Host Club. And of course, they also have a huge DOMO there.

After the strolling, I'd offer to treat her out to some Crepes in the same place. I honestly have not tried them out there yet, but I have never been denied a satisfactory Crepe thus far in my life.

During all this, I'll be doing my best to see what she likes and enjoys. I believe the date should just start off simple and fun.. no need for Hand-Holding from the start. Overall I think this would be a great place to have fun, cause I know a decent amount of the girls in the guild have an attraction to the Japanese Culture.

3) What color describes you best and why?
I believe that I cannot fall into just one color, but two.

Orange:
I tend to be very energetic and completely random, which I believe orange conveys well. I'll usually create random noises, sound effects, and say silly quotes such as, "Believe it!" just to make others feel more at ease.

Blue:
However at times, I'll lean towards the somewhat serious side like blue. If somebody was hurt or if I somehow hurt someone's feelings, I'd quickly switch to a more caring personality. In example, while I was having a party at my friend's house, I saw an injured bird (Cedar Waxwing) in a box in his backyard. Apparently he was attacked by a Blue Jay and was rescued by my friend. I stopped messing around and took care of that bird for the rest of the night, worrying about its safety.

4) If your girlfriend was sick in bed, what would you do?
First: Immediately call her. I'd figure out what sickness she has and wish a speedy recovery for her. However, I'll make sure not to spend too much time talking since she 'may' prefer to rest a bit in bed.

Second: Buy a Silk Flower Arrangement / Card.
(Heard that real flowers may contain pollen or a heavy fragrance that might be annoying to those sick, thus why I chose to use Fake Flowers.)

Third: Visit her. See how she's doing and stop by to say hello. Find if there's anything I can do for her. Then, I'll give the Silk Flower Arrangement / Card to her as I leave. However, I have this message for her on the card.

"Although these flowers are fake, my love for you is not."
"I'll care for you always, just as these flowers will never rot."
"Although not the original, the flowers are a sight to see."
"Just as you are not yourself right now, you're still the one for me."

5) If you were ice cream, what flavor would you be and why?
Vanilla:
"Simple and 'Sweet' is what I will be making her feel tonight." -parody of Simple & Clean
I view myself as a simple guy, just like simple Vanilla Ice Cream. But when combined with candy products such as Oreos or Reese's Cups, the taste reaches a higher level! I do the same, in that I may come off as being simple.. but I have unique aspects of me, such as my randomness and comedic attitude, that people may find as "Yummy".

6) If your girlfriend saw you with another girl, how would you answer her?
I highly doubt I would be with another girl due to my personal morals of being committed. But if such a situation occurred, and my girlfriend is within range, I'd grab her close.. hug her.. and immediately tell the other girl, "She's my girlfriend :3".

Hopefully this removes any doubt from my girlfriend's mind, seeing how I openly address her as my girlfriend. Sure I can just say things like, "She's not who you think she is," or "She's my cousin," but that just doesn't work sometimes. I have to take the time to prove that I truly love her and her alone.

7) A kid comes up to you and kicks you in the shin, what do you do?
If such a thing occurred, I'd probably retaliate back with a flurry of tickles. Since it's not my kid, I can't just hurt him back.. and snitching on him just seems so lame. Hopefully by being patient and just having fun with him, he/she will learn that kicking me won't make me angry and that I'm a kind individual.

8) If a girl and you were stuck in a closet, how would you comfort her?
I'd quickly reassure her, saying that everything will be fine. I'll say, "I have a cellphone to call 911, a voice that anyone can hear from a mile away, and the strength to knock down this door if you desire. You just have to tell me which one you'd want to see and I'll do it."

9) You need to cancel your weekend plans because of rain, what do you do instead?
Spend some time with my friends, chill at their house, invite my girlfriend over. Sometimes the most fun thing to do on a rainy day is to just enjoy simple things such as Card games, watching a movie on Netflix, and chatting with others. Rain personally actually makes such things more enjoyable. It's calming white noise fills you with calmness of mind.. ecstasy almost.

10) What is your motto or self-truism?
"If you can believe it, and concieve it, you can achieve it -period-" (Jabbawockeez)

11) What is something someone might not like about you?
How blunt I can be. I am the type who instantly says whatever is on my mind, whether good or bad. It's all my fault though since I can't just hold my tongue for such a simple thing. But in all honesty, I don't enjoy hurting other's feelings and would apologize if such a thing did occur.

12) A pet peeve you have?
Online typing Grammar. I know people don't need to type out full words online nowadays, but I just can't find myself to do it. Spelling "You" as "u" makes me feel less respected, if they were talking to me. I immediately apologize to others who read this and find it offensive, sincerely apologize. I'm just being honest and say that's what annoys me the most.

13) What do you look for in a girl and what's your favorite physical aspect of a girl?
Personality:
I tend to be drawn to the shy/quiet types. However, I really don't want an individual who always puts herself down or acts "emo" all the time. Guess specifically I'm looking for a semi-shy/ yet serious girl who can get things done when needed.

Long Hair:
OMG I love long hair! Is it due to anime, I don't know. I just see more appeal in such luscious hair.. so sleek and beautiful. However, it really depends on the person. I've been attracted to girls with shoulder length hair. Some even had shorter hair than that! But overall, long hair is an immediate cuteness factor for me :3.

14) If you got into an argument with your girlfriend, what do you do?
Quickly take a deep breath and try to calm down. While staring at her, I'd try to think of the moments we were happy. Try to remember the good qualities of her and try to stay aloof.

Once calm, it'll be easier to deal with the argument and reach a conclusion that won't involve any potential relationship stoppers. Issues need to be remedied quickly, but an answer cannot be found unless both sides take the time to relax and remain level-headed to their responses.

Forum Image

Bachelor #4 wrote:
Besides playing this videogame? Erm, Daydreaming, reading manga, practicing java skills, and drawing if I'm really bored

Hugging. In the park. Regardless of the time. Just talking together. And sharing the same food :3

I'm sure that if I answer this truthfully, I will not be anonymous anymore. So I'll just shout my second favorite color: Purple 83

This really depends on what my girlfriend is like. I'm sure "Go to her house with the most favorite food she likes" would annoy some girls. So the most appropriate response would be to call her and ask if the above action was okay. I would also bring a board game if she seemed bored. If she said no, then I'll just talk to her over the phone.

I love strawberry ice cream but that has nothing to do with the question.
Maybe I would be mint? Refreshing, but something you wouldn't expect to eat daily.

This involves a situation I deny can never occur. Then again, the characters in mangas who say that ironically have this happen to them. So assuming this does happen. I would explain the situation truthfully. This also means if I happened to be doing naughty things, then I would say so. If she doesn't want to hear it, I'll just cry in the corner and wait for the tension to go down before trying to talk to her again.

Pinch his/her nose and adore the "cute" little things kids do these days.

Oh god. Where to begin with this. Maybe I'd start off with a bit of humor .o. Something like "Nice weather we're having, ehh?" in complete disregard of the fact that the sky can not be seen at the time. I hate talking to complete strangers. Unless I'm misunderstanding that the girl is not a complete stranger. Then I'd say something short like "creps" and stay quiet. Then again, why haven't I though about attempting to open the door to the closet? Hrmm. I guess I should have wrote about that first :/ (I would attempt this for the complete stranger situation as well)

9) You need to cancel your weekend plans because of rain, what do you do instead?
What? Cancel plans? I love the rain! Then again, if these plans included the significant other having to move, then I would ask her opinion about canceling the plans. If she wants to cancel, I'll cancel it (sadly).

If a mistake has been made, you should always be able to try again. If you can't try again, then something is horribly wrong with the thing you are doing.

My english skill suck despite that being my first language. Or perhaps the fact that I procrastinate might turn someone off. I don't know. My only experience with people not liking stuff about me is when I procrastinate or when I say something and then say "nevermind"

When someone yells, I must ignore them. I have no interest in talking to people who irrational to see that blasting my ear off is not a solution.
I also hate being told what priorities are. If it's in the form of advice, then that's fine. However, if someone tries to bind me to something, then I must ignore them. Of course, things like an employer telling me what to do is an exception. I agreed to the job, so I do obediently. Get what I'm saying?

13) What do you look for in a girl and what's your favorite physical aspect of a girl?
If I like her face, then I like her. If I like her personality, then adore her. If she likes me back, I'm truly in love with her.

I can not deny this from happening unfortunately. However, I'm really tolerate of most things, except when something else has pissed me. In that situation, NOTHING IS TOLERABLE FOR ME.
If that happens to be the case, then I will apologize and admit I was wrong in whatever we were arguing about.
The only other area where I can see an argument forming is if it's over a misunderstanding. In that case, read my answer to number 6.

Forum Image

Bachelor #5 wrote:
Aside from playing mabinogi. I am a fourth year civil engineer student and I like the designing and constructing area of this profession so to me studying is kind of like a hobby. I also play the drums, learn real Japanese, not through animes, go to the beach with friends and family, I study the Bible daily, I like to draw background pictures like tress in a lake, animals and human like forms. Watch animes and try to draw them. I have what most people call a marathon where I ride my bike 3 miles to a natatorium where I go swimming for 45 minutes and go back 3 miles to enter the gym. Most of my time goes on my studies so the rest of my hobbies are in my spare time during the weekends.

My stereotype is different but I’ll try to describe it the best I can. I start by picking her up at her house and bring her flowers and a pineapple for her mom and dad. After that I’ll take her shopping to Plaza las Americas (a shopping center) and browse around, if I see I can afford something she likes I’ll make into a present and save it for later, not yet. Afterwards I’ll take her to a restaurant in “El Condado” I very beautiful place when is at night and take her to eat in a Italian restaurant or whatever she feels like but I prefer this place call “Via Apia”. After eating we walk 3 miles talking about….stuff and stop a place where there’s a view to the beach, a great moon view or sunset depending on the time. Personally I like the sunset, and in that moment I’ll give her the thing she liked at the shopping center. Ask her she rather go dancing or stop in a local ice cream shop. Afterwards I take her back home.

Green, because I intend to practice my profession conserving the environment using green methods. My eyes are green and they change color by the projection of the sun. Dark green is more suited for me because I like all colors dark.

Let her know that I am available if she need me and if necessary stay with her throughout her illness but mostly likely I’ll let her rest and go visit her every day and help her anyway I can.

Chocolate! Because I am sweet and sometimes hard at the same time. Also chocolate is my favorite flavor.

I take a “girl” out shopping and my girlfriend saw me with her. In our next encounter I just tell her I took a “girlfriend” out shopping because she asks me to. Most likely I would tell her before she ask or even call her out to join us. If something happens out of the ordinary I would just tell her what happed.

Depends on the age. 4-10 years old, laugh and admire. 11-15 drop him to the ground, tied her hands and give her a nuugi on the head.

Always talk in a positive way while thinking for a way out. If it’s a matter of waiting for someone to open the closet I’ll just gossip with her about other people or talk about something new that happen that week.

I’ll do work around the house but since is raining I’ll probably be stuck reading a book or watching series. There may be times when I have spent too much time at home and I make arrangement to meet with my family or friends and play games, talking or checking what is going on ESPN, by talking I mean having a few beers.

A. Work smart, not hard.
B. Don’t wait until tomorrow what you can do today.

I hardly express about myself and I tend to do all things by myself.

Leave my stuff where it is. To make me do something NOW that changes something important I need to do first.

To be realistic, hardworking and willing to keep learning. Physical parts: Hair and legs.

Not freak out, all couples have arguments and they are all able to solve. Is a part of life you learn from, so it is important that happens in order to learn how that person feels and reacts to that situation, not the best way to learn from them but is bound to happen.

Forum Image

Bachelor #6 wrote:
My hobbies are gaming on my laptop and watching anime. I am also very fond of playing mahjong both Hong Kong and Japanese style. Try not to lose too many points when you play against me~ I tend to go for very high hands for a dominating victory.

For a perfect date, I won't need anything too fancy or anything-- I think a trip to the amusement park should be fine. After all, a date is for two people to have fun together, right?

Light Blue- It's the color of the daytime sky, representing frankness and unrestrained emotions. I believe just like birds who have the freedom to fly anywhere under that pure blue sky, humans have the freedom to be truthful and do whatever their hearts desire without holding back.

If she was sick, I'd try my best to skip work or school to take care of her to the best of my ability. I really can't do anything properly if I'm worried about her so I'd do everything I can to make sure she feels better as soon as possible.

I'd be Vanilla- mainly because vanilla is soft, sweet, and creamy. I'm not sure about creamy, but I'd want to become someone who is soft and sweet to others.

I'd casually greet her and introduce her to the other girl as my girlfriend. It's best to always start with introductions. By the way, I don't cheat.

I would ignore him if he's just doing it for fun or if it's an accident. If he has a reason, I'd do my best to understand his position and try to help him whichever way I can.

First, I'd try to calm her down by talking and maybe trying to crack some jokes here and then I'd logically examine the situation and the options we have if we want to escape.

I'll try to reschedule it and then make the best out of the time we have together.

Truthfulness above all else- both to yourself and to those whom you care for.

I tend to be overly cheerful and energetic when I have fun. Others might find that to be awkward or annoying.

I don't like party crashers and trolls-- people are better off letting others have fun and having fun themselves instead of messing with them without a good reason.

I value mutual love, strong trust and understanding above all else. About the physical part, I would like to say that I'm more attracted to girls with longer hair, but personally, I think physical parts don't really matter much-- It's the body you're born with so it's not like you can just choose another one or anything. After all, I'm not all that happy with my body neither [I fail at long-distance running/ my eyes screw me over in Touhou sometimes]...

I'd try my best to understand what she's telling me and then think calmly about how to solve our problem. I think the important part is to try to understand each other instead of fighting- the goal is to get together, not to fight. If possible, I would hope for a nice conversation about each other's problems and a mutual goal as boyfriend and girlfriend to help each other out in whichever way we can.

Forum Image

Bachelor #7 wrote:

Collecting/Painting models, and building computers.

To me, A day out on the town, and then a activity we both could agree on.

Blue, as it represents loyalty.

Make some hot tea, and take care of her to the best of my extent.

Proably Napoleon. Since I'm a tid strange.

Tell her the truth.

Brush it off, kids will be kids, no need to get mad at them.

Give her space, since I probably wouldn't know if she's afraid of tight spaces. And re-assure her it'd be fine.

Hang out with my roomates, and enjoy listing to the rain.

"I still can’t believe this is happening. But I have to do it. I have to take the road that’s in front of me. I wanted to come here..."

I'm quiet natured, and I tend to keep to myself.

People who cannot, in no way shape or form, be wrong and they are always right.

Favriote aspect is a nice shape, I manly look for a girl with similar, but diffrent intrests.

Appoligize even if I wasn't the one who started the fight.

Forum Image

Bachelor #8 wrote:
My hobbies include watching anime, Listening to K Pop, Playing Mabinogi, racing RC cars, drawing, working on computers, and pleasing the ladies.

The perfect date for me would start off with a romantic diner at her favorite resturant. Then I would take her to see a movie . I would then take her on a scenic walk through a park at sunset while talking to her and trying to get to know her a little more than I do at the moment.

The color that best describes me is Blue.... da ba di da ba di lol Seriously it is blue because I am a pretty cool guy. Plus it is my favorite color.

I would first make her some homemade soup and tea, and lay with her while she is feeling bad while making sure she is comfortable and has whatever she needs.

If I were a flavor of ice creame I believe I would be Vanillia. Its a classic and an american favorite. Plus it goes great with anything.

I would answer her honestly. No matter why I was with the girl I will always be honest to my gf.

I would try to laugh it off while thinking to myself "This kid needs to learn some manners"

First off why would we be stuck in a closet? Were we hiding from her mom or BF? Just wondering lol. I would make sure she isnt freaked out about me being in there with her and being so close to her. Also I would try to not accidently touch her in any way. Honestly I really dont know what to in that situation, I try to avoid those types of situations.

I make the best of the situation. I might get on mabinogi or I might try to play around with photoshop and make wallpapers. I

I kind of adopted a motto. "If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton. Basically, If you want the best there is, you sometimes have to put up with the worst.

That is a tough one. There are so many things that someone might not like about someone. I would have to say that one thing someone might not like about me is that I speak the truth.

My biggest pet peeve is is people bringing me into thier arguments. I dont mean when they want your help to resolve the argument or issue I mean when you get randomly thrown into someone elses argument and "forced to take thier side".

What I look for in a girl is personality and someone thats fun to be with. Also she must have a good sense of humor, since I like to joke around.
I am attracted to girls that have beautiful eyes. That is the first thing that gets my attention.

I let her have her space so she can calm down. No use trying to calm down a girl that you already made mad. It'll only make things worse if you try to press the issue. Things should be easier to work out once she is calm and had time to herself. Giving her a box of candy and some roses dont hurt either.

Last edited by manasou on 2011/06/22 12:26; edited 5 times in total

The One Who is "Genderly-Challenged"

Awarded:

Soy you shouldn't have added pics because I can tell who some of them are from what they wear :S

Awarded:

MrCudlyPoofs wrote:
Soy you shouldn't have added pics because I can tell who some of them are from what they wear :S

Or so you think??? Lol, I'll remove them and fix them later.

Legacy Member

boo d/qed over something not posted boooo poo
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

AZ Black Kat wrote:
boo d/qed over something not posted boooo poo

I think you understand why.

^I don't...
~Kabob~
Master Noobis

wow....
TO LONG DIDN'T READ ._.
I got through like 5 lines of the first one...
:D

Falmosta
Legacy Member

Awarded:

~Kabob~ wrote:
wow....
TO LONG DIDN'T READ ._.
I got through like 5 lines of the first one...
:D

You sound like Gabi from .hack//G.U.

Photobucket
Mbun
Mbun
Buns of Steel

Bachlor #6 <3 ~swooooooooons~ XD

I hope there's a Bachlorette competition after this, so I can at least vote!
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

Mbun wrote:
Bachlor #6 <3 ~swooooooooons~ XD

I hope there's a Bachlorette competition after this, so I can at least vote!

There will be if we get many voters in this one.

Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Just a reminder that voting ends tomorrow!

Maybe I should vote owo;

MrCudlyPoofs
The One Who is "Genderly-Challenged"

Awarded:

...*stuck between three of them*... >3<

Awarded:

I'm going to extend the voting period for another week since we didn't get that many voters! Come on vote people!

The Colorfully Oblivious

maybe you should do a pole for this so the votes can be anonymous; they may not want their vote known

I've finally found my four leaf clover, but it's just so hard to reach...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Member Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum