View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: [News] May 2011 Election

Hello Visions!

Listia’s 3 month council term has come to an end. So now we’re doing a council election.

The election process will proceed as follows:
- A private poll has been made listing all the candidates for Council. Vote here! http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=71616&gid=103748
- Only members can view this poll
- Only Councils are able to see specifically who voted for who.
- Members can vote for only ONE Council candidate using the private poll
- Members cannot vote for themselves. The vote will be disregarded if you vote for yourself.
- Members are not allowed to nominate once the elections have started, but they can suggest candidates for the next month’s election.
- Although member votes are HEAVILY taken into account, the final decision is made by residing council members so as to preserve the order within the guild (we have had issues in the past that we would like to avoid)
- If a member is voted to be council but has no desire to become one, the runner-up will be declared council
- The election will begin on the 1st of every third month and will end on the 7th of every third month

These are the people that the residing council members feel would be good future councils:

lampert
Jehuty/Shiza
Emissary256
Mbun
Sophia00

This election is open from tonight until the end of May 08, 2011.

Read all the responsibilities of a Council at http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4935830&gid=103748

Vote on the survey! http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=71616&gid=103748

Use this forum to ask questions or post comments!

---
Hey everyone!

These are the results of the May 2011 Council election!

Forum Image

Congratulations to Emi!

Now I always ask the winner of the council election if they are sure they can commit to 3 months of council responsibility. So Emi must let me know if she really wants the council position before we make it official! =P
---

So for those of you who get confused when you see a wall of text, here are all of the candidate's agendas

Lampert
lampert wrote:
Personally, I think I would be best as a council again (well i assume everyone would say they're the best). The elections have turn into a popularity contest, much to my dismay, but I think I have the most to bring the the theoretical table of whch our guild is founded upon. I think, specifically that I can improve the reqruitment process because it says we have gotten very lax and are letting anyone in...

lampert wrote:

Well, I think it would be a good idea to try and get more members involved in applications, so we don't just have to same people approving again and again. Also, when I was council before, I took a huge personal interest in applicants I things went very smoothly back then (the applicants would ask me and I would refer people to them to ask for tests).

I also think guild unity needs to be worked on. I know its finals soon and people have been on edge, but i still think we need to work to get along better. We also havent had any guild events in a while so we need more of those.

lampert wrote:
A.Walker wrote:

How are you going to generate member interest in applications?

Not sure yet, I have a couple ideas I'd like to try out. Maybe a reward system....or maybe I can ask specific people again. That worked out pretty well in the past.

lampert wrote:

Maybe we could try not having a time limit for apprentices, and make it so they are officially members when we feel they are ready to be.

And to Allen's point, people haven't been very thorough when they test applicants. I think the actual testing process can be improved upon...also making sure that the applicant does more than just run a dungeon 10 times.

Mbun
Mbun wrote:

Well if I get in council this time around I might not have the time to do anything grandose over the normal expectations, but I'll probably throw myself at some project anyways along the lines of making our recruitment process stricter or possibly even tring to establish a penalty system for troublemakers which seem to be a problem lately. ;3 The original thing I ran for that one election I wanted in has been solved without me, so I'd mostly be the candidate to clean out Visions closet of skeletons. I'd also make sure every new member gets an apprentice thread, which seems to have had the ball dropped on it lately. I don't have enough freetime for any of the other major things I'd implement currently, so honestly I'd rather give this election to someone who is eager right now to take the reins. Dattebayo!

Mbun wrote:

I personally feel like we need the apprentice system, but we need it to work differently to weed out troublemakers and to speed along members who adjust faster to being in the guild.

For example, you shouldn't be able to lay low for a week to get in then immediately start causing conflicts everywhere. Our current system is letting this happen.

Sophia00
Sophia00 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply but, my ideas are kinda focused on how low we have active members and do a few changes to the Apprentice time system. I will also try to encourage people to think of interesting Events for the Guild. That's about it that i see that needs changes. In time i may think of more stuff.

Sophia00 wrote:

One thing i see wrong with Recruitment is that 1 week is so little time to find the nature of the Apprentices in the guild. I believe that the time should be Extended by a week and a half, Making it 2.5 weeks. Therefore, giving us enough time to see how the Apprentice is in terms of socializing and stuff like that. I can't really give examples for my side so, i hope you understand what i'm saying :x.

Sophia00 wrote:

I guess there should be no Time limit then. But then again, a Apprentice might stay like that for a long time. So maybe there should be a feedback system for the Apprentices, i.e. A Apprentice needs 6 positive feedbacks in order to become a real member, If that apprentice gets 3 or more Negative Feedback, that person doesn't Qualify to be a part of Visions. But the Testing process really needs to be revamped.

Sophia00 wrote:

Well If people already know the applier, There should be no big deal on giving around 3-5 sentences about that applier. I don't see why people only write about 1-2 sentences for the Approvals.

Emissary256
Emissary256 wrote:
Troublemakers? I actually don't see any remaining ones.

If any do appear, I don't think there should be an official "penalty system." I believe that informal sanctions should take care of the majority of cases though. The councils and Cyril should obviously still use topic locks, warnings, banning, etc as necessary. Informal sanctions and equal-ish power can serve as a system of checks and balances.

Also, we need more group related activities in any forms, including through guild events, fun activities (like Soyui's forum activities), and having people more willing to run dungeons together (this seems to be improving naturally recently).

Also, maybe we should open our minds to things that help pretty much everyone. Everyone in Bliss, Conglomerate, Dreams, and a bunch of other guilds all seem to have Wave Sweepers and Dexterity/Oblivion items, and my theory is that they all helped each other get these things. It seems that the majority of people in our guild and among my own friends are still thinking that soloing is the main way to get everything for one's own gear.

Jehuty00
Jehuty00 wrote:
I didn't expect to be a candidate. Well for those that know me Ill be honor if you let me be a council member. This would be my first time If I were to be elected, so in reality I have no experience in this particular area. However I am in my forth year of University and have excellent grades, so I know how to deal with people.

Keep in mind that I am still studying/working and there might be a few times when I wont respond as other council members might. This would lower my chances but its the reality and you need to make the right choice.

For those that dont know me well, ask other guild members. I am the one that says "weak"a lot envy

Thank you Allen!

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2011/05/09 9:58; edited 2 times in total

I wanted to run this time, but too many people, so I'm waiting until June.
Good luck to all!

I think im gonna be leaving the guild now. Same freakin people in council every month. Its getting old fast

Kogami wrote:
I think im gonna be leaving the guild now. Same freakin people in council every month. Its getting old fast

Blame the voters, not the people who are winning.

Iono if I can straight up say this, (so feel free to edit/delete post/whatever) but I havn't had enough votes to win the past few elections and honestly would rather someone else on that list win the position, so if you'd trust me enough to vote me for council then trust who I'm voting for and vote Emissary256 for council. :D One of our problems seems to be that people rarely "run" for council. Campaign and such... So, if they're not gonna show the initative to do so, as a voter I wanna call extra support for the person I feel should be up there. Honestly, most of those are what I also consider good candidates, so as long as I don't win this one (cause I'm way too busy atm to properly do the kinda job my perfectionist personality would want me to) we should have a good member replacing Listia.

Honestly, if yall vote me in I'll try my best, but I'd rather hold out until there's not such a good "crop" of potential council members there. ;3 Vote for Emi! ...or whoever else you think is fit for the job. Just please think about it and vote wisely over who'd make the best COUNCIL, not the most popular member. :/ Losing these things doesn't bother me a bit, but losing them to a member I see as unfit to hold up the position when I'm partly at fault for splitting the vote that could've allowed the more experienced member to take the position however makes me feel terrible.
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

Mbun wrote:
Kogami wrote:

Blame the voters, not the people who are winning.

Iono if I can straight up say this, (so feel free to edit/delete post/whatever) but I havn't had enough votes to win the past few elections and honestly would rather someone else on that list win the position, so if you'd trust me enough to vote me for council then trust who I'm voting for and vote Emissary256 for council. :D One of our problems seems to be that people rarely "run" for council. Campaign and such... So, if they're not gonna show the initative to do so, as a voter I wanna call extra support for the person I feel should be up there. Honestly, most of those are what I also consider good candidates, so as long as I don't win this one (cause I'm way too busy atm to properly do the kinda job my perfectionist personality would want me to) we should have a good member replacing Listia.

Honestly, if yall vote me in I'll try my best, but I'd rather hold out until there's not such a good "crop" of potential council members there. ;3 Vote for Emi! ...or whoever else you think is fit for the job. Just please think about it and vote wisely over who'd make the best COUNCIL, not the most popular member. :/ Losing these things doesn't bother me a bit, but losing them to a member I see as unfit to hold up the position when I'm partly at fault for splitting the vote that could've allowed the more experienced member to take the position however makes me feel terrible.

YEAAAHH!!! Vote for Emi!!!! *High-fives*

Legacy Member

I don't mean to insult anyone but the reason why people don't run and/or interested in voting is because the position of council member doesn't require much specialized skills.

What I'm trying to say is that as long as the candidates are at least decent people, pretty much anyone can be council and so why do voters care who wins if all the candidates are going to be roughly the same thing?

Which means our elections come down to popularity contests rather than running on issues, because everyone's issues are the same.

Actually come to think of it that's kind of how American politics work.
Listia
Legacy Member

Awarded:

Hi Everyone! How are you? I see it is Election time. All candidates are good candidates to run. I do agree with Mbun Please vote person who you think who do well in council. Please do not vote on popularity. I know you guys will pick the good and responiable candidate just like me to become council. Good Luck to all the Candidates. I love you all. :D

The Engineer

I didn't expect to be a candidate. Well for those that know me Ill be honor if you let me be a council member. This would be my first time If I were to be elected, so in reality I have no experience in this particular area. However I am in my forth year of University and have excellent grades, so I know how to deal with people.

Keep in mind that I am still studying/working and there might be a few times when I wont respond as other council members might. This would lower my chances but its the reality and you need to make the right choice.

For those that dont know me well, ask other guild members. I am the one that says "weak"a lot envy

Photobucket
Falmosta
Falmosta
Legacy Member

Awarded:

A.Walker wrote:
I don't mean to insult anyone but the reason why people don't run and/or interested in voting is because the position of council member doesn't require much specialized skills.

What I'm trying to say is that as long as the candidates are at least decent people, pretty much anyone can be council and so why do voters care who wins if all the candidates are going to be roughly the same thing?

Which means our elections come down to popularity contests rather than running on issues, because everyone's issues are the same.

I think differently on that. They need good problem solving and relationship handling skills. They also need good communication skills and team work skills. Not to mention that they need to be slow to anger, which is hardest of all of them.

Jehuty00 you were a candidate last week.

@Kogami: I think you have somewhat of a point but I think that in order to choose candidates more wisely, we need guild membership feedback on them so it is known they have the above skills I listed.

Photobucket
Kogami
Legacy Member

Falmosta wrote:
A.Walker wrote:

I think differently on that. They need good problem solving and relationship handling skills. They also need good communication skills and team work skills. Not to mention that they need to be slow to anger, which is hardest of all of them.

Jehuty00 you were a candidate last week.

@Kogami: I think you have somewhat of a point but I think that in order to choose candidates more wisely, we need guild membership feedback on them so it is known they have the above skills I listed.

HI FAL!!!! Im sitting at the mcdonalds in the hood atm gonna get on mabi in as min. Im blastin SNSD and 2NE1 and these niggas givin me dirty looks

Personally, I think I would be best as a council again (well i assume everyone would say they're the best). The elections have turn into a popularity contest, much to my dismay, but I think I have the most to bring the the theoretical table of whch our guild is founded upon. I think, specifically that I can improve the reqruitment process because it says we have gotten very lax and are letting anyone in...

Awarded:

i agree with lampert. personaly there are a few up there that i believe that shouldn't be up there and there are few that arent there at all and deserve to be up there.

Photobucket
A.Walker
Legacy Member

If you want to run based on what you want to change in the guild rather than popularity, your going to have to be more specific then "my interests are in the guild's best interest"
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

A.Walker wrote:
If you want to run based on what you want to change in the guild rather than popularity, your going to have to be more specific then "my interests are in the guild's best interest"

Thats why i said specifically what i wanted to work on :P

lampert wrote:
specifically that I can improve the reqruitment process because it says we have gotten very lax and are letting anyone in...

How so?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: