View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Falmosta
Falmosta
Legacy Member

Awarded:

re: [Anime] Digimon Xros Wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Xros_Wars

I have to say at first I was a bit worried about the method of evolution. But with aspect of war, and tactics along with the fact that the Generals don't always see eye to eye makes this to be a rather complex plot when it comes to digimon series.

With a new version of metalgreymon to boot.

Forum Image

You would think that the person wielding this is the main character but he is actually the general that the main one from Cross Heart continues to get into conflicts with.

For the first half of the series (season 1) you follow around Cross heart as they develop the plot and world that would later shape how the second series takes off. The first part of the series the is has no true digital evolution. Instead the use a concept that originated from the manga V-tamers which is cross evolution.

Before anyone says anything about the Adventure II's DNA evolution, this is far better then that. For the elements of the Digimon that are cross evolved are taken into account and there are many different possible combinations that could be used with 2 or more different digimon at the same time. At first I was worried about it but system for evolution adds new ways of defeating and enemy and accomplishing their objectives.

I find this series to be rather entertaining even though it has a rather slow start. I know many people liked the first series of digimon. There are allot of people that also enjoyed the tamers arch. I have to say that This series is worth looking into. I find Xross wars to be allot better then most of the other series that disappointed many that like the first series of the game.\

This series is still being made at this point in time but for those that don't mind the subtitles it's a bit worth it. I find the subbing for this series gets done rather slow compared to other series but it's still worth looking into if anyone is interested.

I think that's all i can really say about it without giving away any of the plot details.

Photobucket
A.Walker
Legacy Member

The plot may be complex but it's overshadowed by silly, childish moments that are distracting.
MMLink
Legacy Member

Digimon. Ewwww.
Pokemon is much more simpler, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH (insert as many MUCH's as possible) popular and profitable, and MUCH more fun.

And Fal, I've been wondering this for a while: Is your avatar from Bakugan, by any chance?

Awarded:

MMLink wrote:
Digimon. Ewwww.
Pokemon is much more simpler, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH (insert as many MUCH's as possible) popular and profitable, and MUCH more fun.

And Fal, I've been wondering this for a while: Is your avatar from Bakugan, by any chance?

As for pokemon, I don't know why everyone compares the two. Pokemon came out after digimon, and they series, even though the have monsters shouldn't really be compared. (Mainly because that causes stupid arguments about which is better.) They both have their place.

It's from This thread o-o;

A.Walker wrote:
The plot may be complex but it's overshadowed by silly, childish moments that are distracting.

Every anime has that.

Photobucket
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

Oh cool!

I loved Digimon! Had a better story than Pokemon and seemed much more like an anime.

Legacy Member

manasou wrote:
Oh cool!

I loved Digimon! Had a better story than Pokemon and seemed much more like an anime.

....What is this I don't even....
Digimon having a better story? Not even the names of the Digimon are original, all ending in "Mon". Sure, some Pokemon end in "Mon", but the majority don't.

And, IMO, if you don't call Pokemon an Anime, I don't see how you'd be able to call Digimon an Anime.

Besides, Digimon doesn't have Team Rocket.

Awarded:

MMLink wrote:
manasou wrote:
Oh cool!

Digimon having a better story? Not even the names of the Digimon are original, all ending in "Mon". Sure, some Pokemon end in "Mon", but the majority don't.

And, IMO, if you don't call Pokemon an Anime, I don't see how you'd be able to call Digimon an Anime.

MMLink, how is MON in the name even related to story? The reason for that is the monsters are holding a Theme much like pokemone. Name doesn't relate to the story at all.

People argue about this subject all the time. Ash in pokemone all he does is wander around every time to get gym battles and the compete. It's a sports anime in other words. They even reset ash's ages back to 10 in the recent series. So if you can explain beside the fact that they are just trying to milk the franchise for allot of money (Which I agree isn't a bad reason) for the main character to just end up in the same thing over and over again, gym battles and league and so on.

I don't mind the games for pokemon, but I stopped watching it mainly because i felt like i was watching the same thing over and over again. Every series has its villains and so far but how you get to the end of the series is always different in digimon. It's one of the reasons I prefer it.

I can still respect the fact that they finally made team rocket smart in the series as of late but the show is still the same format.

I know if it isn't broke don't fix it much like rpg's having class systems, pokemon games having gym leaders.

However, I just in general prefer it over digimon anime wise. I always watched digimon since I was a in elementary school and still do. The point of the matter is everyone enjoys the two different series for their own reasons.

So link please stop trying to troll the discussion topic with saying Pokemon is better or if digimon is better. I want honest opinions on this current series not arguments >.> both series have their places and respective audiences.

If you do have a point to make give solid facts and not basis opinions.

Last edited by Falmosta on 2011/04/24 15:58; edited 1 time in total

Photobucket
A.Walker
Legacy Member

Falmosta wrote:

A.Walker wrote:

Every anime has that.

Not every anime has this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LrsRL62CP0
Falmosta
Falmosta
Legacy Member

Awarded:

A.Walker wrote:
Falmosta wrote:

A.Walker wrote:

Every anime has that.

Not every anime has this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LrsRL62CP0

Sadly I'm aware of that scene >.> And personally I felt that it was unnecessary as well. So I agree on your point with that scene Allen.

Photobucket
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

MMLink wrote:
manasou wrote:
Oh cool!

Pokemon, the anime was based off the video game franchise. It's still huge in video games compared to anime. That's why I wouldn't really label it as an anime.

In Digimon, I really liked the story because they focused a lot on the relationships between each person and their digimon. Plus each episode didn't seem repetitive as Pokemon where it followed the same archetype (adventure>fight Team Rocket>win, end). The characters also age as the seasons progress.

I wouldn't complain about their names ending in "mon" because that basically mean monster and is like a trademark for each digimon. Digital monsters also aren't evolution locked like Pokemon and have different forms.

Legacy Member

MMLink wrote:
Digimon. Ewwww.

Simpler is the keyword in your post there. Thats why more kids watch pokemon than digimon. Love both though xD

Kogami wrote:
MMLink wrote:
Digimon. Ewwww.

Simpler is the keyword in your post there. Thats why more kids watch pokemon than digimon. Love both though xD

Well, simplicity is why I got turned off from Digimon at a young age.

In response to Fal, I don't believe what I said was exactly "trolling". From my experience, I consider trolling as trying to convince someone of a lie that seems to be true. I can't come up with an example, but I wouldn't use the TrollFace for my previous post.

And I was talking about Team Rocket being comedic value. And, they lose their serious attitude in episode 25 of Black and White (as well as returning to their original clothing)

When I mentioned "Mon", I was talking about names in terms of creativity. Sure, you could easily say Pokemon is now lacking creativity (such as making an icecream Pokemon, and a candle/chandelier Pokemon), it seems that all Digimon end with the same 3 letters, which, for some reason, annoys me.

And, although my sources may not be exactly correct, Pokemon came first, with the release dates of Red and Blue being February 27, 1996, while the Digimon virtual pet being released on June 26th, 1996.

Despite Ash "starting the same thing over" when entering into a new region is true, thee are still new characters, new Pokemon, and new experiences to make a journey form one region significantly different than the others.

Aw, I'm late for the flame war... Its pointless to argue about Pokemon and Digimon cause neither were the first game or animation series about capturing and controlling monsters. Personally, my preference is Pokemon between these two, but I agree that they shouldn't be compared really when they're soooooo different. I also used to watch Digimon as a kid, (although not as much as Pokemon or even Monster Rancher for that matter!) but it felt like it got dumb after the first like 3 seasons or so. Digimon keeps tring to change and stay fresh, but I think Pokemon has attained a greater popularity by instead staying very similar to how it was at the beginning, focusing only on improving aspects of the original. Also, I can't remember a single good Digimon game... or card game... etc. Pokemon is just the stronger franchise as a whole.

Falmosta wrote:
People argue about this subject all the time. Ash in pokemone all he does is wander around every time to get gym battles and the compete. It's a sports anime in other words. They even reset ash's ages back to 10 in the recent series. So if you can explain beside the fact that they are just trying to milk the franchise for allot of money (Which I agree isn't a bad reason) for the main character to just end up in the same thing over and over again, gym battles and league and so on.

Honestly, just no. That's usually an accusation usually made by people who have only watched a little of the series or don't remember much of it. Most episodes of Pokemon are about Pokemon that Ash encounters living in the world in a unique situation or pinch that sometimes involves a Team Rocket plot but not always that in the end Ash and friends solve sometimes resulting in the Pokemon joining one of them. The gym episodes are seriously the minority. Hell, there's more episodes about "dicking around" in a Pokemon world than there are episodes about battles in general. They also introduced the episodes about contests for awhile to try and give a different look into people coexisting about Pokemon.

Many people understandably argue that the Pokemon show is too kiddy or watered down, because the anime constantly conflicts with the game. Stuff will happen during a battle scene like a tackle beating an aqua jet when avid gamers know aqua jet is the priority move that should always go before a nonpriority move! ...but its a show in the end. They have plotarmor sometimes. (but not too much!) They have to entertain the audience. That's not what the show is about/for. The show very much accomplishes the purpose of it which in the end keeps the franchise as a whole strong. The games are about the mechanics. The show is about a mostly peaceful Pokemon world where people and Pokemon work together and coexist. This is why I love Pokemon.

This is why its silly when people argue about them capturing monsters and forcing them to fight. Watch a couple episodes and you'll see that they almost always join Ash and friends willingly after the group earns their trust! Unfortunately, that's a little harder to program into a Pokemon game, and it'd lead to a scripted mess noone would want to play too... That's why you honestly shouldn't ever even compare the game to the anime. Another common misconception is that Ash=Red and Gary=blue, but I won't go into that now. This is a thread about the Digimon franchise or this new one. I merely stated the above to correct the misinformation Fal typed in ignorance.

As a last note, look how well Yugioh worked after they scraped the main character. Do you really want them to get rid of Ash? I know always turning him 10 again is frustrating, but honestly its better than the alternative. Plus, he's an iconic duo with Pikachu. Milking money isn't what its about. They're tring to perserve your precious nostolgia for the series you grew up with. Show some respect.

Last edited by Mbun on 2011/04/24 17:44; edited 2 times in total
Falmosta
Falmosta
Legacy Member

Awarded:

The citation on that wikipedia article is lacking for the digimon side and I think some one edited it recently. But I know that tamagchi came out the same year as pokemon.

I know the Digimon toy came out in 1997 not 1996, but I know the toy that started the idea for it was the tamagchi that reached a portable in 1996. I believe there the V-pet that came before it around 1990, though I don't know much about that one I think it was an old game. I'm only guessing but I don't think it had a portable form until the tamagchi which took off more in the market then the digimon version made a year after. See below.

Still the concept for both wasn't a copy of one or the other but two different takes on the concept of the V-pet.

I found it on a Google time line.

LOL MBUN!

I do agree that in the market pokemon beat digimon over all in games. >.> many of the games for digimon remind me of so many random FTP rpgs that we have out there.

Quote:
As a last note, look how well Yugioh worked after they scraped the main character. Do you really want them to get rid of Ash? I know always turning him 10 again is frustrating, but honestly its better than the alternative. Plus, he's an iconic duo with Pikachu. Milking money isn't what its about. They're tring to perserve your precious nostolgia for the series you grew up with. Show some respect.

I always wondered what ash would be like as and Adult actually. Maybe if He had a kid and he traveled around with him. I mean, I don't that it would be a problem on fans for something like that. Of course as soon as you do that you completely change the age of team rocket and the silly antics.

By a marketing standpoint, the show's aimed for kids. And the fact that resting ash's age gives the show a old feel for like redoing the transformers or spider man, or any other really old and popular show we had when we were kids makes sense. Ash is a very likeable character, he is the kind of character you would want in a best friend. Which is a theme in the show.

=============================

Aki Maita is 31 years old. She joined the toy kingdom of Bandai in 1990. From 1990 to the release of it is is the window of the inventions of it.

http://www.mimitchi.com/html/q10.htm

Mbun show me this link earlier.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Compare_and_Contrast:_The_Final_Fantasy_Legend

So.... All of what is put here shows that both series actually have TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ORIGIN! So I can only conclude that regardless of the release dates, the origins of both series come from two completely different concepts.

Photobucket
Soulsap
Soulsaps
Pedobear of Visions

I hate both Pokemon and Digimon.
I don't even think it's worth having this post war over. Dx

On a side note, Let's have a post war about how Obama is a cactus.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum