Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Questions, Problems and Solutions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
MrCudlyPoofs
The One Who is "Genderly-Challenged"

Awarded:

re: Internet Explorer Issue

Okay, so, it doesn't bother me that much, but Internet Explorer 32-bit will not work on my laptop anymore, and I have no idea why.

I tried uninstalling version 8 and installing version 9 to solve the problem, but even the 32-bit version of version 9 won't work!

It all happened after I let my friend bring my laptop home and install some crap for me but appearently it happened before he did anything to it. He just clicked it, and it wouldn't open... >_<

So have any suggestions/ways to solve the issue?

(The only thing I can't do on 64-bit that I can in 32-bit is use the Mabinogi Character Sim 2~)

re: Re: Internet Explorer Issue

MrCudlyPoofs wrote:
Okay, so, it doesn't bother me that much, but Internet Explorer 32-bit will not work on my laptop anymore, and I have no idea why.

I tried uninstalling version 8 and installing version 9 to solve the problem, but even the 32-bit version of version 9 won't work!

It all happened after I let my friend bring my laptop home and install some crap for me but appearently it happened before he did anything to it. He just clicked it, and it wouldn't open... >_<

So have any suggestions/ways to solve the issue?

(The only thing I can't do on 64-bit that I can in 32-bit is use the Mabinogi Character Sim 2~)

...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL INTERNET EXPLORER LOLOLOLOL oh sorry~ i just had to do that. anywaysss what type is your Laptop? Windows Vista or 7?

Photobucket
Boo!
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

Is your system running on 64-bit? If that's the case, you might want to try to get the 64-bit version of IE.

Awarded:

manasou wrote:
Is your system running on 64-bit? If that's the case, you might want to try to get the 64-bit version of IE.

I already have that, and that's what I'm currently using, . BUT only Internet Explorer 32-bit works with the Mabi Simulator and this one video-site I use to download stuff from (although the vid site can be used with Google Chrome, so that's alright).

Sophia00 wrote:
...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL INTERNET EXPLORER LOLOLOLOL oh sorry~ i just had to do that. anywaysss what type is your Laptop? Windows Vista or 7?

Why does EVERYONE laugh at Internet Explorer? >_> *goes to a school of nerds who constantly makes fun of our school laptops for having it* It's honestly not that bad. Try using Internet Explorer 9. Just as fast as Google Chrome. (Which I also have :PPP) And I have Windows 7.

MrCudlyPoofs wrote:
manasou wrote:

I already have that, and that's what I'm currently using, . BUT only Internet Explorer 32-bit works with the Mabi Simulator and this one video-site I use to download stuff from (although the vid site can be used with Google Chrome, so that's alright).

Sophia00 wrote:

Why does EVERYONE laugh at Internet Explorer? >_> *goes to a school of nerds who constantly makes fun of our school laptops for having it* It's honestly not that bad. Try using Internet Explorer 9. Just as fast as Google Chrome. (Which I also have :PPP) And I have Windows 7.

Internet Explorer is one of the slowest internet browsers ever. and i mean it. Firefox is faster than Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer also gives more viruses than the other browsers because of it's weak security system. because of that, most viruses go towards IE.

Photobucket
Boo!
MrCudlyPoofs

Awarded:

Sophia00 wrote:
Internet Explorer is one of the slowest internet browsers ever. and i mean it. Firefox is faster than Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer also gives more viruses than the other browsers because of it's weak security system. because of that, most viruses go towards IE.

Internet Explorer 9 is WAY faster to me. *has Internet Explorer 8 on my school laptop and agrees it's shitty* Don't knock it 'til you try it. Most people don't even know it's been released, haha. AND ewww nobody uses Firefox >:o At least around here .

Anyway, back to my problemmmm >:o

MrCudlyPoofs wrote:
Sophia00 wrote:

Internet Explorer 9 is WAY faster to me. *has Internet Explorer 8 on my school laptop and agrees it's shitty* Don't knock it 'til you try it. Most people don't even know it's been released, haha. AND ewww nobody uses Firefox >:o At least around here .

Anyway, back to my problemmmm >:o

I heard that IE 7 can help with getting the Simulator up buttttt i didn't tried it... YET oh and can you like resize your siggy? it's getting annoying

Photobucket
Boo!
MrCudlyPoofs

Awarded:

Sophia00 wrote:
oh and can you like resize your siggy? it's getting annoying

My siggy is the same size as yours... >_>

MrCudlyPoofs wrote:
Sophia00 wrote:
oh and can you like resize your siggy? it's getting annoying

My siggy is the same size as yours... >_>

but like... idk how to resize mines without making the siggy like... my name being not glittering...

Photobucket
Boo!
MrCudlyPoofs

Awarded:

Sophia00 wrote:
but like... idk how to resize mines without making the siggy like... my name being not glittering...

ME EITHER! xD

I use Firefox ._.;;

I've finally found my four leaf clover, but it's just so hard to reach...
manasou
Soysauce

Awarded:

IE was fine, until Firefox came and pretty much showed IE how much better it was at being a browser. Lol.

It's not really about the speed of browsers, but about the protection. Overall, Firefox is just better. Nice community and you can choose to use add-ons to prevent bad scripts from running in the background, block ads on webpages and pop-ups, and download accelerators. Even Firefox can emulate IE on it. You can also customize Firefox to look a certain theme and the browser is pretty organized. The window tabs were first integrated into Firefox then later into IE, but I personally like Firefox's tabs more because it seems more user friendly.

I believe IE uses much more ram than Firefox. There's just more you can do with Firefox to protect your computer from malicious things. I'd say, go ahead and use IE for that Mabi Simulator, but for everything else, go for Firefox.

Awarded:

manasou wrote:
I'd say, go ahead and use IE for that Mabi Simulator, but for everything else, go for Firefox.

I really don't want Download a third internet browser >_>...and I would take that advice if someone would be lovely enough to answer my question o.x

I have Safari Google Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer and this other thing called Zeus installed on my computer
The only thing I use is Firefox
uhhh as far as using browsers go you can just use which ever you want. Internet speed will be affected only by your connection, and at this point browsers are all around the same speed.

From personal preference, I recommend Firefox or google chrome. Also you should look for add ons that support 32-bit versions of websites, so you can run the mabinogi thingy on 64 bit firefox too. Google around a bit or go onto sourceforge and look for it
if you can't find anything, it's not horrible to have two browsers either. You dont' really need more than one browser, but it's not like it matters

You can also try a sandbox thing where you partition out part of your harddrive, and install internet explorer on that, and then run the sandbox as "virtual machine" so it's like a computer inside your computer, and that will make it safe from viruses and stuff, meanwhile you can run firefox on your actual computer.

I only use IE cause it was given, I never really bothered to get anything else.
I know my school uses safari but idk. I've heard IE is slower and has more viruses than others, but I don't really want to download anything else. owo

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Questions, Problems and Solutions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum