Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> League of Tarlach Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: [LoT] Theme Music

What is your opinion of LoT's theme music? http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/103748/The%20League%20of%20Tarlach_Rev2.mp3

What does it sound like to you? What feeling does it give you? What do you imagine? Does it fit the mood for LoT's goal, to preserve a happy community?

What are your suggestions? xD

I kinda visioned a whole buncha ppl marching towards you.
Carrying flags and all o.O;

Awarded:

@yuki ikr xDDD!
Anyway i kinda like it *havent lisened to it all the way though since im lazy like tht..* ill do tht now

Edit: Ok now i did haha if the intro was a tad b shorter o3o cuz i was like.. is this it D:?!?! oh and and cycycycy ur good i wish i can do things like tht ;o

Photobucket
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

♥ Saya ♥ wrote:
@yuki ikr xDDD!
Anyway i kinda like it *havent lisened to it all the way though since im lazy like tht..* ill do tht now

Edit: Ok now i did haha if the intro was a tad b shorter o3o cuz i was like.. is this it D:?!?! oh and and cycycycy ur good i wish i can do things like tht ;o

Thank you for listening Saya Happy

And you probably can do it too if you practice Saya =P

Awarded:

It's a beautiful piece, but it seems a little, dare I say, formal. It feels like we're doing something extremely important, when this is really just supposed to be fun. This song sounds more like us marching in the streets to show off our army before sending them out to battle....

Council Member

Awarded:

Namo- wrote:
It's a beautiful piece, but it seems a little, dare I say, formal. It feels like we're doing something extremely important, when this is really just supposed to be fun. This song sounds more like us marching in the streets to show off our army before sending them out to battle....

When musicians create music for movies and games, they compose serious meaningful songs that expresses emotion. Those things are meant for entertainment. Are you saying those musicians need to create less formal songs because movies and games are not extremely important, that they only serve as fun entertainment for people?

Awarded:

Cyril0321 wrote:
Namo- wrote:

When musicians create music for movies and games, they compose serious meaningful songs that expresses emotion. Those things are meant for entertainment. Are you saying those musicians need to create less formal songs because movies and games are not extremely important, that they only serve as fun entertainment for people?

Before I say anything more, please understand that I mean no offense. I am merely stating my beliefs.

I live with a musician, so I know a good bit about the art of composition...

I simply believe the piece seems too serious for our goal.

Please don't misinterpret my words, and please do not be offended.

I actually agree with Namo here. It is indeed true that songs are supposed to use the way they sound to exhibit emotion, but it also has to fit the situation/goal you are trying to pin the song to. This song doesn't really have the friendly, happy vibe...

Emissary256

In my opinion, the song's mood isn't perfectly fitting. To me, it has most of the mood portrayed in this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNfOkmo2xw

....but with a small amount of the happiness (not the best word) that you are trying to convey. The majority of the LoT song has the mood of Stratagem in Black Armor from what I can hear.
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

really? Emi that song sounds evilish! I wouldn't compare LoT's theme song to that! =P

ya and don't worry Namo. I didn't take any offense from what you said or anything, it's good that you're sharing your opinions. I was just responding to the argument you posed, that "if something is suppose to be for fun, the music should not sound important" - I was just giving examples of when that argument is not true.

Otherwise, I consider your opinions Yesno and Namo.

When I was writing this music, what was in my mind actually was "superheroes" because LoT in a way is like a league of heroes, except it's a league of guilds - guilds which have their own powers and identity though, like superheroes. So that was the mood I was trying to convey if that helps you interpret the music, I think it would make more sense to you if you listen to the music and had superheroes in your mind! xD

I suppose superheroes isn't the exact representation of this group, like Emi said "the song's mood isn't perfectly fitting" since superheroes fight injustice and this in this group... well we can fight injustice in the server but not necessarily. I believe it is the closest representation, so it works. If you have another suggestion on what kind of theme the song should sound like other than superheroes, feel free to suggest! Happy

Council Member

Awarded:

Lol ever since I made this my brother has never stopped playing this same part over and over again with his trumpet it's SO annoying!

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/103748/Annoying.mp3

Lol that's his favourite part. I just kind of find it hilarious at the same time. xD

Awarded:

Forum Image

We're heroes?!

Awarded:

Haha u wana evil song(its awsome tooooo)?! go look up I Never Told You What I Did For A Living By:My Chemical Romance

Photobucket
AkaOkami
The Daydreamer

♥ Saya ♥ wrote:
Haha u wana evil song(its awsome tooooo)?! go look up I Never Told You What I Did For A Living By:My Chemical Romance

You and ur MCR obsession xD

Awarded:

Yuki Yoru wrote:
♥ Saya ♥ wrote:

You and ur MCR obsession xD

Don't hate <3333 ♥♥

Photobucket
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> League of Tarlach Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum