View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AkaOkami
The Daydreamer

re: [PROJECT] The League of Tarlach

manasou wrote:
Wow, talk about drama queens!
I'll totally be part of this project. I've always held this type of motto, "promote fun" and helping the community out. I think I have an idea of who else might be interested. I know we are far from what could actually be done, but that could definitely be worked on. I just think it's silly how someone thinks this is like "communism". It's not like we are trying to take over Tarlach, nor does it represent elitism (if that makes any sense). This event is merely to support Tarlach and make it a better place, and I approve of that!

Yea you're right. But this kinda thing isn't gonna happen over night. It'll take some time and it'll be worth it if it succeeds~

Legacy Member

Awarded:

Ok Ok SLOW down guys. We should not be so concerned about guilds getting into is as much as we should getting individuals into it.

WHO cares what guild they are from It's about uniting the community both the guildless and the guild bearing ones. Lets Focus on the process not the possibilities.

Give me something REAL to work with, not something that hasn't even happened.

individuals! Not groups.

Photobucket
MMLink
Legacy Member

On the topic of Dyaln: I remember seeing him in the arena once (while I was on my RM alt), and when I asked him why he left/got kicked from Visions, he said that not many people liked him, or he didn't really like the guild. I can't recall.

On the topic of other guilds: There are some guilds that enjoy causing drama, and guilds like Dreams and Bliss are perfect examples of this. If a few individuals from each of those guilds support this idea, then I see no reason why we should keep them from helping, but involving the entirety of those guilds, if they even accept, would, IMO, harm the project more than help it, only because I have not heard anything overly positive about them. Everything I've seen and heard about them is that their members have some kind of prejudice, or have some sick thrill from causing drama that isn't even needed.

On the topic of Dreams (specifically): I think Dreams is definitely a guild we sould be careful of, as (I believe I read it somewhere on here) that they really only think of themselves. Not to mention a good majority of people that think negatively about Visions just happens to be in Dreams (Sirfalas is a good one). Not only that, but Soul bringing up Poof's app here reminded me of her app on Dreams, where she was verbally bashed, and was constantly accused of lying, when she happened to be the nicest person in that entire topic. I think Dreams would be one of the last guilds to have in mind when it comes to joining all Tarlach players, especially new players, together.

I don't think I should have this mindset, but seeing how many others feel about Dreams and Bliss kind of rubs off on you, and you soon think the same, due to so many others continually expressing their beliefs, and I don't think Dreams or Bliss make any attempt to disprove those negative images.

Awarded:

you ignored what i posted -_-;
MMLink wrote:

On the topic of other guilds:

You are missing the whole point of this project, It's about the community NOT the guild inside the community. We are members of the community first and fore most, some of them just happen to have guilds. I really think It should be aim for the player base and not the guild base.

The Reason I say this is because it's normally individuals within a guild that causes problems not every member of one guild.

Last edited by Falmosta on 2010/10/07 17:34; edited 1 time in total

Photobucket
MMLink
Legacy Member

Falmosta wrote:
you ignored what i posted -_-;
MMLink wrote:

On the topic of other guilds:

You are missing the whole point of this project, It's about the community NOT the guild inside the community. We are members of the community first and fore most, some of them just happen to have guilds.

Still, there are still individuals who are influenced by the guilds they are in. I'm saying that we would have one hell of a challenge recruiting even one member of Dreams or Bliss into this project.

I agree with Fal. We shouldn't really care about what guild these people are coming from. We're here to promote fun for everyone! No matter who they are or where they're from. It's all for the best. (We really don't need a war or anything.)

Legacy Member

Awarded:

MMLink wrote:

Still, there are still individuals who are influenced by the guilds they are in. I'm saying that we would have one hell of a challenge recruiting even one member of Dreams or Bliss into this project.

I hate to tell you this link but I have friends in Bliss, and they are just like you and me. They made a name for themselves because they put fear but people still fight with them? Why is that? It's because people enjoy fighting to try to take down a power house. It's all in the aspect of the game since elf and giant pvp isn't really good for anything.

Same with dreams, I have friends their to. Just because a person is in a guild doesn't mean you should judge an entire guild based on what you have heard, what you have encountered. People, we can focus on "trouble making" individuals instead of "troublesome guilds".

(i wrote this in a rush so excuse the typos.)

Photobucket
MMLink
Legacy Member

Falmosta wrote:
MMLink wrote:

I hate to tell you this link but I have friends in Bliss, and they are just like you and me. They made a name for themselves because they put fear but people still fight with them? Why is that? It's because people enjoy fighting to try to take down a power house. It's all in the aspect of the game since elf and giant pvp isn't really good for anything.

Same with dreams, I have friends their to. Just because a person is in a guild doesn't mean you should judge an entire guild based on what you have heard, what you have encountered. People, we can focus on "trouble making" individuals instead of "troublesome guilds".

(i wrote this in a rush so excuse the typos.)

I understand you have friends in both guilds, but what I've heard about the guilds in general still leaves me with a negative impression. I'll end on that.

I want to help weather or not i'm accepting or not, this program is extending outside your guild so i could help eaither way right?
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Anonymous wrote:

Also notice who ended the conversation? wink

And I am not avoiding anything, I simply wanted to make sure you were ready to argue. You had a provocative tone so I really just wanted to make sure you really wanted to know the truth, and that you would respect my argument.

This is evidence that you're not ready to argue! =P

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2010/10/08 12:41; edited 1 time in total

Council Member

Awarded:

Falmosta wrote:
Ok Ok SLOW down guys. We should not be so concerned about guilds getting into is as much as we should getting individuals into it.

WHO cares what guild they are from It's about uniting the community both the guildless and the guild bearing ones. Lets Focus on the process not the possibilities.

Give me something REAL to work with, not something that hasn't even happened.

individuals! Not groups.

That's food for thought Fal! Really what I'm seeing is that we're unsettled between two concepts. Either LoT should be a group of guilds, or a group of individuals from different guilds.

I'll post my opinion but I'm sleepy right now so I'll just leave it at that... =S

But what do you think? Guilds or Individuals? xD

Pedobear of Visions

Anonymous wrote:
LOL SHEEP POPPED UP RANDOMLY DURING THE VIDEO WITH LUNA. LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, Yes we should get back on topic... because your drawing conclusions from rumors and unreliable sources. During the video, your just dragging out "anything you heard" so to say. Read my post on all of your "Drawing conclusions".

Can we please get back on who to invite to this

@Leocs People from outside of the guild are welcomed to participate.

Awarded:

Who can actually say their guild is full of nice and fun people (especially towards the community)? ._.

And Btw, YES! I noticed Luna too!! I was like OMG ITS LUNA!!!

Mbun
Buns of Steel

League of Tarlach sounds like we're going bowling. Btw, we havn't even discussed any possible way we'd make Tarlach more fun during all of this. We just argued over guilds, which I agree with Fal saying that we should be more worried over individuals than guilds. Guilds collapse. Individuals continue on.

I feel this project is a good idea, but people are gonna take it and twist it to seem like we're tring to take over the server or increase our own popularity. It certainly doesn't help that half this guild is openly hateful towards Dreams. I understand yall don't like people who have wronged you, but if we're gonna begin to promote fun we have to drop these petty grudges. Sure, individuals might get in the way of fun. Trolling is a common activity these days. I'm sure afew bad *holds tongue* apples will step up to ruin this for all, so really what we need is to think up a bunch of good ideas we can promote to the people that they'll enjoy and won't be exploitable.

What immediately comes to mind is stuff like handouts. The current event you can catch tons of bone marine gear, so I've been handing out sets (excluding chestpiece) to random noobs I bump into who weren't very well dressed. Helps me clear my inventory and helps these new players get some decent looking and statwise gear to start out with. Another thing we could try is to offer certain enchants that no pros would want anymore but are easily obtainable such as Fox that we'd normally just throw out to noobs to enhance their gear/battle capabilities.

Making pros happier is a trickier business, but I'd imagine just creating ideas that's break up the tediousness of Mabi. Everyone gets lonely at times, so we could propose something as simple as a Tara Castle Singles Night or a Friendly Fish Meet? All it'd really require is a couple bugles to spread the word and being there to show everyone a good time. Little gestures will get us further than tring to establish this new world order that not everyone is gonna believe in and wanna be associated with ya know?

So mainly, my idea going into this is not to focus on a big fancy name and be all Visions is here promoting fun but rather simply show up, make a difference, and accept help from all we meet along the way to continue making fun little minievents for anyone to enjoy! Sorry for typing so much... tend to rant.
(Incarne)
Legacy Member

Omg bun... divorce texas and marry me nao!

But really that is like the truth man. Lets focus less on the drama and more on the changing

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: