View previous topic :: View next topic  
Namo-
Legacy Member

Awarded:

re: Oh, Hey another friend of Emissary....

First to apply of the three of us (Yesnomaybe, Mrsaturn, and myself), last to be accepted of the three of us, I'm now an apprentice.
Hi all, there are now 4 of us with the magical telepathy teamwork...

Anyway, I guess I have to tell my life story here, so here I go:
I'm a half Asian, half Caucasian 18 year old who just graduated high school, is going to college in the fall, and has a job bussing tables at a nearby steakhouse. My real name is Nam, I am Vietnamese, and the son of a man who came to America as a refugee at the end of the Vietnam war over 30 years ago.

As Adam (Mrsaturn) mentioned, I became friends with him our Sophomore year in high school. I became friends with Ed (Yesnomaybe) shortly thereafter. I have been friends with Emissary since grade school (1st grade maybe?), and we've known each other forever ( I remember when we both played runescape in grade school).

My hobbies include just about everything that Adam and Ed do, including anime (prefer mechas and shonens), manga, card games ( Yu-Gi-Oh!), video games (especially rpg's and strategy games, but some shooters also), and visual novels (reading Umineko Chiru currently). I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 (pc version is great) and obviously a lot of Mabinogi.

Personality-wise ( plagiarizing the structure of Adam's introduction), I'm a very calm, always thinking, kind of person. I inherited that from my dad for sure, but sometimes I get to thinking too much and over-analyze things. I've taken martial arts (a form of karate called Goju-Ryu) for many years now, and find the art aspect of it to be very interesting.

EDIT: As I was reading it over again, I feel like I left some things out, so I'm gonna tack it on here at the end.

I'm one of those "naturally gifted" people when it comes to intelligence (not necessarily the "Straight A" student, but that can be attributed to lack of interest in some subjects). Because of this I often feel like I take thinking way overboard and perhaps even to the extent of frustration when no one is able to follow my thought pattern (though maybe that's because I'm used to my dad who I have the same thought pattern as to the point that it becomes scary because we can complete each others' sentences).

Also, I mostly play Mabinogi late at night because of a poor sleeping schedule brought on by my job never starting any earlier than 1:30 (I often wake up at 2 or 3 on days where I have to work at 5:30) so I'm always up late at night on my computer.

Wow I'm going on and on... best to end it at that.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: