Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Rules and Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: Member Recruitment Guideline

As concluded on discussion http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4996695&gid=103748, here is the finalized recruitment guideline. An applicant must be tested at least once on each criteria. Members may overlap tests to test on the same criteria however it is our responsibility to test the applicant on all criteria.

The following are the 7 types of criteria that an applicant must be tested on. Under each criteria, there are questions you need to ask yourself when testing an applicant.

1) Guild relations/personality

- Will I be able to trust this person?

- Is the applicant fun to talk to?

- Does the applicant attract good crowds? Is it most likely that the applicant will bring good people in the guild if ever the applicant gets in the guild?

- Does this player know anyone already in the guild? If the player knows friends already in the guild, then he/she will stay longer, and fit in better in the guild.

- Is this person in conflict with any of the current members in the guild?

2) Past problems/background check

- Has this person moved on from past guild relations? Or is his/her mind still troubled by past conflicts?

- Who are the friends of this applicant? Does the applicant still keep in touch with his/her past friends? Does this applicant keep any grudges with anyone?

- Are a lot of the applicant's friends still staying in the applicant's previous guild? If so, he/she might be missing them and may most likely return to his/her past guild.

- How many guilds has the applicant been in? Does the applicant have a history of guild hopping?

- Are the previous guilds similar to Visions? If they are similar, he/she will have an easier time fitting in. If not, warn about the changes.

- How much of the information I know about the applicant are actually true? Is the applicant being dishonest?

3) Dungeoning/fighting/PVP skills

- Does this player do well in dungeons/fighting? Will he/she be able to keep up with the rest of the guild?

- Does this player do well on pvp?

4) Usefullness/Services

- Does this player have any useful in-game life skills that will be beneficial to the guild?

- Does this person have music/art/management skills that may help the guild?

- Does this person show willingness to help others?

5) Game commitment

- Does this player have long terms goals in the game? Having more goals in game means that this player will be active and stay in the guild for at least awhile.

- Is the player's total level reasonable to the length of time he/she has been around in mabi? If it's not, then the player may be somewhat inactive in-game, or may not work hard enough, he/she may give up on things easily.

- How active is this player?

6) Loyalty

- How well would this person work under pressure? Is a leadership position fit for him/her? Will he/she be able to handle days when the guild is not at its best? What is his/her reaction after hearing some hypothetical troubleshoot senarios?

- Do they really understand Visions' goal? Will they put a strong effort to benefit the guild?

7) Expectations/Potential improvement

- How high are the expectations of this person? Does he/she expect too much from Visions? Does he/she expect too little? Both can be a problem.

- How well does this person take advice?

- Can he/she learn things quickly?

Council Member

Awarded:

mm I think everyone needs a good example of how to use the crietrias on evaluating an applicant. Here is my evaluation of Incarne using the criteria:

Quote:
After talking with Incarne, I suppose I feel pretty comfortable about Incarne re-joining.

Incarne can be trusted. He can be fun to talk to. He's friends with the good type of people as far I'm concerned. He already knows a few members in the guild so he will fit in well. I do not think he is conflict with any of the current guild members.

Moreover, Incarne does not seem to be troubled by any past conflicts. All his history seems to be pretty coherent. He does not seem to be dishonest.

As well, Incarne shows good willingness to help others, like how he's spending time to help Taya and lampert.

Furthermore, Incarne seems to have long term plans for his character so he won't be quitting any time soon. I see Incarne online quite a few things the past few days, so that must mean he's pretty active.

In addition, Incarne already knows some of the expectations being a member of Visions as he was a member with respectable power in the guild in the past.

My concern is that since he is starting a new character, that he may not be very good in assiting other members on dungeons until his character becomes stronger. Also in the past, he left the guild just because he "felt like he needed to move on" and he "...couldn't say why he was leaving" and he's been in and out of a few noteable guilds in Tarlach, so I'm also concerned about his ability to be loyal to a guild. Moreover, Incarne seems to be a quiet person who keeps all his ideas to himself, and as a result, sometimes this leads people to misunderstand him.

Incarne had past experiences with his elf though and I'm hoping he will be able to catch up with the other members very quickly to be able to assist and keep up with other members in dungeons. Also, Incarne seems to be sincere with his intention on "rejoining Visions for good", I just do hope he keeps his word. Furthermore, Incarne promises to communicate better in an earlier conversation we had so I'm hoping we won't misunderstand him anymore. =P

Overall, I believe Incarne is ready. However, just incase, its best to note his progress during his apprenticeship week.

I approve of Incarne's application.

Notice how I basically just try to answer the questions under each criteria? As long as you follow them, you'll end up writing good information about the applicant. Happy

Awarded:

re: Re: Member Recruitment Guideline

MrCuddlyPoofs wrote:
1. SHE LIVES IN THE SAME COUNTY AS ME AND GOES TO THE SAME HIGHSCHOOL AS SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS!!! xD
2. She dislikes a certain person as much as I do. <: (Well, definitely not as much as me lmao~)
3. She's really fun to talk to! I got along with her instantly. ^^
4. She's married to Jayjay. It doesn't feel right keeping them apart~
5. Her background seems pretty clean to me, and as for the Lito discussion earlier, she gave me a clean, out-right honest answer, and she didn't seem to hide anything, so I can tell she is a good-hearted person. Basically they just got distanced. There's nothing wrong with that. Friends come and go~ And sometimes they can be reunited :> Anyway it's their business not mine so enough of that.
6. She was fun to dungeon with for the few rooms I got to do with her lmao. (I had to leave cuz my mom ish bish and kicked me off) She could work on her melee though so she doesn't get smacked around but otherwise she's fine~ xD
7. I still don't know how to test on usefulness but I'm sure she could put a smile to some of our faces. She did mine :]

Anyway, Poofy approves! That ish all. Good Luck to you, Kitty! ^^

this is also a good example, we don't need a huge ass essay. even i get turned off by that. what poofs wrote is perfectly fine Happy

i actually think it's still a bit too much, but the more the merrier

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

This is another good example.

Falmosta did!

Falmosta wrote:
I Falmosta, Approve this applicant on the following standards.

The applicant returned my mp scroll after using it. He was rather nervous but still held himself in a respectable manner. He is a rather enthusiastic individual.

The applicant has applied to visions twice. Thus the interest in returning is there. He hasn't be in a long list of guilds.

This applicant seems to be used to fighting one on one. He does well alone but often makes mistakes when in a party. Tested in Rundle hard mode adv. If compared to a guildie combat level wise. I would say he is around JTL's level. He finished the boss with no problems.

May need to be tested on a More Mutli aggro dungeon.

I did not pvp this applicant.

4) Usefullness/Services

This applicant has a useful rank in music playing. This helps me out when I need mana and the applicant has to go afk due to real life. This skill would be handy for anyone training manna forming.

7) Expectations/Potential improvement

Guangxin is very flexible and likes fashion. However, I have advised Guangxin to get at least rank 5 wind mill and acquire a armor set for dungeoning as guangxin died allot in the Rundle hardmode.

Council Member

Awarded:

Allen you do a good job on the applications! I'll use yours as another good example Happy

A.Walker wrote:
I tested her in Rundal HM, it was her first time in this dungeon.

Saya's description was pretty accurate, even demonfox said so. Pretty much a much tamer version of Mrcuddlypoofs

Well i didn't really ask her on her past, the info on her app doesn't seem problematic, and if Saya says she's good I'll take her word for it.

One important thing to keep in mind is that she was lagging the entire dungeon.

Pros
-she makes good use of her pets
-she seems decent one on one
Cons
-died around 15 times
-died to both single and multi-aggro
-bad multi-aggro control
-Handled boss badly, I let her fight while transformed because she was lagging, she used final hit and died, she transformed again and tried to windmill spam in the corner but it didn't work, then she tried to use smash but didn't work so she tried to combo it normally but she activated it's heavy strander and she died, then when i res her she died again after thinking she was out of its aggro range but wasn't, i resed her but the cyclops aggroed me and I had to fight it, demonfox tried to help me but she died (it was lag she said)

4) Usefullness/Services
She said she didn't have any life skills that was worth mentioning.

5) Game commitment
She says she she logs on everyday except when she has to go somewhere for a few days every once in a while. She also did G2 & 3 saying she liked the story and regrets skipping G1.

6) Loyalty
I asked if she had any complaints with the guild so far like with the application system and she said no. I asked if she'll visit this site now and then if she gets in the guild and she said yes. Personality wise she'll be an active talker in the guild chat I bet.

7) Expectations/Potential/ improvement
She said she didn't really think about long term goals and wanted to rank windmill to 1. If she ever gets in think she'll be a fun addition to the guild since her personality resembles Saya and Mrcuddlypoofs

On the subject of the dungeon run she said she was lagging before the run and I asked her if she wanted to be tested another time, she replied this was the best time because her cousin is visiting and using the other comp and even if we wait another week another cousin will visit so this was the best time for a while. After a few rooms, she died a couple of times and I asked her if she wanted to continue or do this another time, she said continue, I asked this again later and she still said she'll complete the run (despite lagging and dying repeatedly).

After the boss fight I ask her if I can use this run to evaluate her even though she was lagging and she said yes, I was reluctant to do this so I asked her if the lag kept her from doing this dungeon and she said she still wanted me to grade her on this run, I said she failed and asked her if she still wants me to post my disapproval and she said yes.

Based on her performance in the dungeon run I disapprove.

I said if she ever wanted to be tested again I will run the dungeon with her and not hold this evaluation against her.
This decision is not absolute, if she asks for a make-up and passes, I will change this post.

Legacy Member

Awarded:

Just a reminder to everyone that including old and new members that all applications should follow this guideline for testing applicants.

Photobucket
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Rules and Guides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: