Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Rules and Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: Member Responsibilities and Expectations

ALL MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE/EXPECTED TO:

1) Respect, be honest, and charitable to fellow members of the guild.

2) Avoid conflicts with other members of the guild.

3) No arguing in guild chat or in discord

4) Cooperate with Council members

5) Elect responsible leaders, the council.

6) Take part in guild discussions and voice suggestions to better the guild.

8) Participate in guild activities.

9) Be fair, critical, and honest with opinions about applicants

10) Contribute, put forth a strong effort, and remain loyal to Visions' goal to promote fun in the Mabinogi community.

COUNCILS HAVE ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:

1) Approve website and guild stone applications. Visions receive applications from new members, returning members, and members bringing in alts.

2) Protect Visions' information.

3) Maintain positive guild relations

4) Moderate forums and manage the website.

5) Discuss guild rules, plans, events, activities and ideas in Officer Discussion forum or guild discussion then decide on how things should be implemented.

6) Respond to member feedbacks and feedbacks given by players outside the guild to effectively resolve conflicts.

7) Communicate with other councils regularly.

8) Penalize and reward guild members appropriately.

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2018/12/11 22:17; edited 8 times in total

Pedobear of Visions

Nice, We needed this for new members and to remind others and me XD!

Awarded:

Soulsaps wrote:
Nice, We needed this for new members and to remind others and me XD!

Agreed. :>

Awarded:

cyril, i want to yell at you ><

while i do agree with you for the most part about all of this, ambye even all. i find it very hypocritical of you to post point #7 under council for reasons we have already discussed.

i actually don't really completely agree with point #5 under member because not everyone enjoys all guild activities and it should be up to them whether or not they join. for example, karikus' diplomacy game and gb's are some things that many people would not or do not enjoy and having them be "responsible/expected to" join in these are defeating the very purpose of our guild which is to promote fun (not demote)

we can talk more about this later on, i'm in mad rush to study for finals, just takin a small break to check out forums and break for studying and stuf

Karikus
The Elementalist

Encore* wrote:

while i do agree with you for the most part about all of this, ambye even all. i find it very hypocritical of you to post point #7 under council for reasons we have already discussed.

i actually don't really completely agree with point #5 under member because not everyone enjoys all guild activities and it should be up to them whether or not they join. for example, karikus' diplomacy game and gb's are some things that many people would not or do not enjoy and having them be "responsible/expected to" join in these are defeating the very purpose of our guild which is to promote fun (not demote)

we can talk more about this later on, i'm in mad rush to study for finals, just takin a small break to check out forums and break for studying and stuf

I think it is not implied to participate in every single event but to participate and get involved with events.

Legacy Member

Awarded:

Encore* wrote:

I do think he has a valid point though. Personally when someone tries to pressure me into doing something I don't like or don't want to be involved in, I usually become defensive... Like the PvP events I attend because I was in the mood for it.

Photobucket
Soulsap
Soulsaps
Pedobear of Visions

Falmosta wrote:
Encore* wrote:

I do think he has a valid point though. Personally when someone tries to pressure me into doing something I don't like or don't want to be involved in, I usually become defensive... Like the PvP events I attend because I was in the mood for it.

Meh, I might leave the event. I little too confusing for me. and Im streessed for time atm.

Council Member

Awarded:

Encore* wrote:

Well, these are more like guidelines if anything, nothing is absolute but at least all members should aim to follow these expectations/responsibilities while in the guild.

Members don't have to participate in guild activities, but it should always be assumed that members will, it's good to have that attitude, thus it's good to keep it as a member expectation, it's an ideal good member.

And I'm sorry if you find me hypocritical on point #7 Encore. I never said I'm perfect, I mess up too! But these are ideal expectations/responsibilities for members and councils. Like I know at some level, I've already messed up in the past on all the council responsibilities listed, but that's why I know them, and I improve on them!

re: what was one failure is now success

My minds clearly working now i wont break my hopes anymore, now im going to strive to maintain my inner and outer Balance thus keeping everyone balanced *POke cyril i re-applied*

Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: Re: what was one failure is now success

Tayamasha wrote:
My minds clearly working now i wont break my hopes anymore, now im going to strive to maintain my inner and outer Balance thus keeping everyone balanced *POke cyril i re-applied*

Oh you haven't re-applied yet. I PMed you instructions on how to do it. But actually I'll just start a topic for you myself. xD

Awarded:

if possible then, maybe change it to be like guidelines for sanity's sake

and then talk to me more so that we can talk guild and other stuff because i wanna talk to you (and learn more tagalog [i haven't forgotten!])

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Encore* wrote:
if possible then, maybe change it to be like guidelines for sanity's sake

and then talk to me more so that we can talk guild and other stuff because i wanna talk to you (and learn more tagalog [i haven't forgotten!])

Well, I think it is better to enforce these as responsibilities. I said guidelines because this forum posts acts as a reminder, a guildeline to members.

But nothing I've listed is false. And most of it is common sense actually.

Who is expected to participate in guild activities? Ofcourse guild members are, who else would participate on guild activities? For special reasons, outside players might be invited, but members are ALWAYS assumed or expected to participate in Visions' activity. That's why I listed it there.

Awarded:

[quote="Cyril0321]Who is expected to participate in guild activities? Ofcourse guild members are, who else would participate on guild activities? For special reasons, outside players might be invited, but members are ALWAYS assumed or expected to participate in Visions' activity. That's why I listed it there.[/quote]

if so, why dont' we cordon off the near 100 people we have in the guild for diplomacy game? why don't we just sign everyone up for everything that we do?

1) it's up to the member, not us. if they never ever participate in anything we do, then that member is to be watched out for because of lack of guild participation and that is grounds for their removal (unless they're active in gc's and talk to ppl, basic stuff)

2) because it's a pain in the ass to do stuff for people who aren't willing to do it themselves

foxegirl
Visions's Pet Fox

re: councel election

about #4 i dont feel comfortable with that one if its online voice or online video chat

because i never feel comfortable talking on online voice chat thats y i dont use facebook skype onless its with a famly member and i do not ever talk to other with voice chat on xbox live infact i never even plug in the mic

The Pet Fox. dont call someone a monster just because they have a tail and ears of a animal. Become friends with them for they can be kind and playful and dont abuse the kitsunes we are just a simple kind of fox for i am a kitsune myself. 

Soulsap
Soulsaps
Pedobear of Visions

re: Re: councel election

foxegirl wrote:
about #4 i dont feel comfortable with that one if its online voice or online video chat

because i never feel comfortable talking on online voice chat thats y i dont use facebook skype onless its with a famly member and i do not ever talk to other with voice chat on xbox live infact i never even plug in the mic
Number 4 doesn't say to talk on Online Voice(*) Chat silly goose. XD

"4) Take part in guild discussions and voice suggestions to better the guild. "
It means talk about your feelings during Guild Dicussions and tell your opinions about the topic at hand and also about making the guild better.
:p.

* =Edit changes.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: