Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Event Suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Would you participate?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Karikus
The Elementalist

re: Dunbarton Magic Tournament!

Well, I was thinking about a magic event, an event where you can ONLY use magic. Two mages will stand across from each other in Dunbarton library and turn by turn use skills, chaincasting counts as one skill, and they can only be magic skills. So, lets say it is person A versus person B. They will stand equidistant in the library where both can hit the other with a magic spell, declare pvp then person A charges fire and hits person B then person be casts a spell and so on. No physical hits.
That's my idea anyway.
But person A can chaincast and shoot all bolts before next persons turn, all pvp matches like this are done at 15%.

Last edited by Karikus on 2010/03/21 12:36; edited 1 time in total
Hariberu

I would watch that

Awarded:

so english slap tournament? you get white glove i get white glove.

i dun think this is that good an idea sory :P

some people have massive mp and super gear
some don't.

also, try dueling people with low lag (some nearly none at all, like me Happy ) and you will see how magic only duels dun work confused

good try though wink

Zeru1

Well the ideal itself is not so bad..
but there are several factors that must be counted...
magic also includes ADV magic, and mana shield,
any high rank adv magic could beat up any normal bolt or chaincast...
not sure about the number of cast you can do but
maybe if no adv magic??

Also you should allow some sort of magic shield while the other caster is shooting... so while person A cast a bolt you can use any elemental magic shield?

EDIT: If not why not just change it to a team of 2 v2 battle, and they go duel mode, someone chooses a partner, and you cant use wands, only barehands... you partner uses magic shields to protect you, while you cast your magic and duel with the other guy. That might work...?

Last edited by Zeru1 on 2010/03/13 19:17; edited 1 time in total
xTeknox
Skill Master of Camwhore

chaincasting seems like a unfair advantage to other members, for example if person A is a mage but person B is doing the event for fun, person A can chaincast and destroy person B,maybe it should be without chaincast?
Falmosta
Falmosta
Legacy Member

Awarded:

How about I show you my chain chastening cause that and my ego awakening.

I'll show you my fire bolt and you'll see why chain casting wouldn't be fair.

Photobucket
Litokawaisky

id like 2 join if i cud ;)

I like the two on two idea, and you can have a battle in three different catagories.

Bolt - You can only use single cast bolts
Chaincast - Only chain cast one type of bolt
Advanced Magic - Turn based (like the rest) one charge of adv vs the other charge

I think it would be a nice tournament then.
xTeknox
Skill Master of Camwhore

Karikus wrote:

Advanced Magic - Turn based (like the rest) one charge of adv vs the other charge

Fireball requires 5 charges, if i may suggest, for fireball, u get to charge it fully 1 turn, but cant launch it till the next?
Karikus
The Elementalist

xTeknox wrote:
Karikus wrote:

Fireball requires 5 charges, if i may suggest, for fireball, u get to charge it fully 1 turn, but cant launch it till the next?

I agree with that! But I want my idea to become an event!
Encore*
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Awarded:

Karikus wrote:
xTeknox wrote:
Karikus wrote:

just fyi, a stun will cancel fireball completely rendering the fireball incapable of being shot.

secondly, kari, why don't you edit your first post and make it a poll?
i also think zeru's suggestion was good with the 2v2 thing and one of them uses magic shield and stuff, makes it more exciting than a white glove match. that would at least take some of the unfairness out i think.

i also think other people can join, no need for it to be purely a guild event.

Karikus
The Elementalist

Encore* wrote:
Karikus wrote:
xTeknox wrote:
Karikus wrote:

just fyi, a stun will cancel fireball completely rendering the fireball incapable of being shot.

secondly, kari, why don't you edit your first post and make it a poll?
i also think zeru's suggestion was good with the 2v2 thing and one of them uses magic shield and stuff, makes it more exciting than a white glove match. that would at least take some of the unfairness out i think.

i also think other people can join, no need for it to be purely a guild event.

My Rules:

2 vs 2, magic only, no physical contact of any kind, turn by turn.

So, you and a partner (allied with the same elf or giant side) face another person who has allied with the opposite side. One of you must be the Blaster, and the other will be the defender. In the first turn the blaster may fire any bolt at the other team (or one charge of any adv magic, or in the case of fireball may charge fully but must wait until next turn) However, they must charge the bolt fully and allow the defender of the other team to prepare an appropriate magic shield.
They fire, and the other team does the same thing. This continues, and when one of the members of a team dies, the remaining member must take over both defender and blaster positions. When an entire team is out, the team still in wins! This continues in a tournament style brackets.
Restricts for teams:
Cannot have both and elf and giant
One of the members must be part of the guild, (just to help with communication)
Chaincasting wands are allowed, but you may only fire one bolt the turn it is charged, but the next turn may fire all the remaining bolts if you choose not to load another one.
You may only use potions and items provided for you (except weapons, you may bring any weapons)
BloodEternity

Problems:

1). . . THIS IS NOT A TURN BASED RPG, IF YOU WANT TO TAKE TURNS, GOPLAY DRAGONFABLE OR SOMETHING...

2) You killed Ice Spear by making it turn based...now I totally don't know why it costs so much AP to get anymore -_-

3) You said you can have someone blast a Fireball in one turn...
...that's mad cheap...

4) and there's no way which you can stop people from using mana shield and then using MP pots...
"No, I just have an insanely high ranked magic mastery..."

man, just make it a free-for-all...less complicated...

Let me tell you how to think about this match...

Quote:
Icebolt- quick attack that at high ranks can lead to consecutive hits on the opponent. Stops them from charging. Chincast makes this spell hell...
Firebolt- slow charging attack that has low damage but automatically cancels all charges on your opponent. Counters all adv magic except for Ice spear. Chaincast makes this spell hell...
Lightningbolt- a quick attack that deals immense damage, but at a distance, allows consecutive hits. This skills is more powerful if casters are present around you with magic charged. Can suppress multiple opponents, but consumes MP quickly.
Ice Spear- charge and spam away, just make sure the other person on their team doesn't get you while you're spamming...Consumes MP quickly
Fireball- takes too long to charge and we all know how to run to avoid it...unless you're against a noob, don't use it...
Thunder- long casting time, subjects your opponents to hell once it operates, but leaves you defenseless during most of the time you're charging and firing...

Tactics:
1- Use chaincasting wands (good for firebolt, icebolt, lightningbolt?)
2- Use quick-casting wands (good for firebolt, IS, TH)

DJSulfrus
The Last Giant Descendant

Encore* wrote:

Rank 1 Fireball loses one charge each knockback Lol. So if you could charge fireball up to 5 times and wait until the next turn to charge the ones you lost, wouldnt you be able to fire it?
DJSulfrus
The Last Giant Descendant

BloodEternity wrote:
Problems:

1). . . THIS IS NOT A TURN BASED RPG, IF YOU WANT TO TAKE TURNS, GOPLAY DRAGONFABLE OR SOMETHING...

2) You killed Ice Spear by making it turn based...now I totally don't know why it costs so much AP to get anymore -_-

3) You said you can have someone blast a Fireball in one turn...
...that's mad cheap...

4) and there's no way which you can stop people from using mana shield and then using MP pots...
"No, I just have an insanely high ranked magic mastery..."

man, just make it a free-for-all...less complicated...

Let me tell you how to think about this match...

Quote:
Icebolt- quick attack that at high ranks can lead to consecutive hits on the opponent. Stops them from charging. Chincast makes this spell hell...
Firebolt- slow charging attack that has low damage but automatically cancels all charges on your opponent. Counters all adv magic except for Ice spear. Chaincast makes this spell hell...
Lightningbolt- a quick attack that deals immense damage, but at a distance, allows consecutive hits. This skills is more powerful if casters are present around you with magic charged. Can suppress multiple opponents, but consumes MP quickly.
Ice Spear- charge and spam away, just make sure the other person on their team doesn't get you while you're spamming...Consumes MP quickly
Fireball- takes too long to charge and we all know how to run to avoid it...unless you're against a noob, don't use it...
Thunder- long casting time, subjects your opponents to hell once it operates, but leaves you defenseless during most of the time you're charging and firing...

Tactics:
1- Use chaincasting wands (good for firebolt, icebolt, lightningbolt?)
2- Use quick-casting wands (good for firebolt, IS, TH)

On your 1) some people have their problems of being far away from nexons evil headquaters, crappy computers, no nagle disable, etc. It helps makes things a little bit fairer for them

On your 2) anyone can spam IS and win if they have enough mana

on your 3) that isn't cheap because they have to wait until the next turn, and the fact people probably dont have rank 1 fireball negates all the charges they would have with 1 knockback.

On your 4) even if they did they would be wasting mana just trying to stay alive and then without mana they're sort of defenseless.

Also that idea just sounds like a regular magic only pvp...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Event Suggestion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: