View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: [Notice] Member Events!

Hi Visions!

Many of you seem to want to create your own guild event. Well, Visions is going to make it easier for you! Members may now host and advertise their own events in the Member Event Forum Section!

There are some conditions!

- You need the approval of one council member to advertise your event in the Event Section. You must mention the name of the council member who approved your event in your event description. The council who approved your event is responsible for assisting you so that your event is successful.
- You need to tag your event as either an Event, S. Event, or a Tournament
- There may only be a maximum of 4 active member-hosted events in the Event Section at any time.
- If you are offering prizes as rewards for the winners of your event, you’d have to provide your own prizes.
- With a good reason, the council may decide to remove your event from the Event Section at any time.

If you want to create a banner to advertise your event in the website’s main page, then you’d have to use this template in Photoshop to create your image, upload to Photobucket and then view it at the top of your event. A council will copy your event banner to the main page as soon as possible. Please save your event banner as gif and tag your event appropriately as an Event, S. Event, or a Tournament!

Tags:

Event – A guild activity that is hosted by a Visions member.
S. Event – A guild activity hosted by Visions in collaboration with a player/group outside of the guild.
Tournament – A type of tournament style activity.

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2016/01/07 23:32; edited 4 times in total

Now thats a freakin cool banner

Council Member

Awarded:

Fantasyforever wrote:
Now thats a freakin cool banner

Thanks!!

Awarded:

ISSUE RESOLVED!!! (EXCEPT #1)

there are a couple of issues that i see..
1) why.. is there no Encore in the banner!!! mad mad

2) sry to be so critical, but i can't really think too well (verybad allergies) - the only use i see from this is that a council member will post the banner onto main page. other than that, i see only disadvantages instead of benefits .. which leads me to pt. 3

3) there is no real reason to work in conjunction with visions except for advertisement purposes (which is easily done through guildchat or a forum post [assuming no deletion])
(a) "- You need the approval of one council member to host your event. You must mention the name of the council who approved your event in your event description" why? if someone were to make an event, why does a council member have to approve of it? does the council prohibit a visions member from making an event? what is the penalty (they get kicked or something? confused )
(b) "- With a good reason, councils may cancel your event at any time even without notice. " again.. why should we go through the council? if someone were to go through all the trouble of hosting the event, it's up to the actual host and the participants whether or not to cancel the event. if it was me for example.. if i made an event, and i go through all the trouble of making it, and the council tells me to desist, i would only if i deemed it reasonable to. "good reason" is a very vague term and i see no reason as to why the council should have such a say in the matter.
(c) "- If you are offering prizes as rewards for the winners of your event, you’d have to provide your own prizes. " if the host were to provide their own prizes and they do all the organizing, why do they need to inform the council and obtain approval? from my perspective, the council can offer their advice on the matter and help advertise it or give their opinion on the event as a whole.

now.. i'm aware that this was made for advertisement and organizational purposes. i just find fault in the wording of the "conditions." i suggest rewording the following into the following:
- You need the approval of one council member to host your event. You must mention the name of the council who approved your event in your event description.
- There may only be 4 active Member Hosted Events at a time.
- If you are offering prizes as rewards for the winners of your event, you’d have to provide your own prizes.
- With a good reason, councils may cancel your event at any time even without notice.

into...

- You need the approval of one council member to advertise your event in the Event Section. You must mention the name of the council member who approved your event in your event description.
- There may only be a maximum of 4 active member-hosted events in the Event Section at any time.
- With a good reason, the council may decide to remove your event from the Event Section at any time.

Last edited by Encore* on 2010/01/30 1:28; edited 1 time in total

Tranceluv
Legacy Member

Oh crap that's me in the middle when i rebed in to a girl! haha
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Lol! I guess the conditions did sound kind of weird. I get what you're trying to say Encore, and I guess that makes much more sense. We're still pretty experimental about this though. But ya, I'll go change it to your suggestions. Sorry about that xD

Well Encore, the council have a lot of experience in hosting events. I believe, correct me if im wrong, that we created a council sponser so the events would not get out of hand. We had a long talk about it in Officer Discussion forums.

Council Member

Awarded:

Well, ya. Members not only need council approval to advertise in the member events section, but also so that a council can assist in organizing that event, so that it is more successful.

But it's best if the member hosting the event is fully prepared him/herself even without council assistance so that the hosted events REALLY become successful!

Guild events are a privilage, not a right. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's true. This is because "guild events" can get out of hand if not properly organized. As duty of the Council, there must be order in the guild. Thus, the Council decides on if the guild event should be allowed. Besides, if you don't plan on going through the "guild event process" then its more just you're friends getting together and having fun. Not really an event, is it? So it doesn't really concern the whole guild, does it? A lot of members have asked to host events lately and none of the Council members saw a good reason why they should not. Thus, we created this system as to make it better for the members. This makes a guild event a right, in Visions, and no longer a privilage.

Visions has always only had Council members host/create events. It is one of the requirements of the Council members, to keep Visions active and by doing so, create events. Since members want this right, the Council has discussed this, and thus, created it so.

If your event is solid, and you are well-organized, then what, exactly, are you worried about? You think the Council members are that harsh/rude/self-centered? Yes, you would need a Council approval because we are here to help you. You have to provide the prizes because we are here to help, not do you're work for you. There are four Council members that are constantly on for you. Give them you're idea, and they will help you.

The reason the Council can cancel your event at any time is because the event can fall apart, attitudes/behaviors can get out of hand, or the event can die before it is finished or even started. Thus, a Council member would cancel your event. Again, we are doing our jobs, not out to make you're Mabi time hell. Everything we do, is discussed in the Officer forums before anything is carried out.

Show some trust in your Council, after all, we were appointed by the Visions guild, and voted on. We don't do anything based on power, but on what can better the guild.

That pretty much sums it up.

Council Member

Awarded:

Don`t be shy to start your events now... wink

Ask any council if you are unclear about some information on starting your own event! We`re always in the helpful mood to those who want to start new things! Would also make the guild more exciting! It`s your guild as much as ours you know? =P

Council Member

Awarded:

Would anyone like to host a Valentines even for everyone? =P

Awarded:

very impromptu, it'd be kinda fun if we could do like a date thing so that we'll have people doing cool stuff for ppl with dates. and we can switch off so that the people working the stuff can take their dates along too Happy

just an idea, but i'd like more events too. btw, you'll get it here first...

Cyril, will you be my Valentine? tongue out

lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

BE PATIENT FOR MY EVENT ITS A SURPRISE!!

Council Member

Awarded:

Lol Encore xD

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: