View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihasaspleen

re: 2010 congressional elections

Forum Image

I tried to warn everyone I could that this would happen, but nobody wanted to listen rofl. There can be no hope, no change, without denying the two major parties their power. They've been bought out.

Bush = Obama, Republican = Democrat, it's all the same: Big government. It's been big government for the past century, and look at where that's gotten the US. 12.3 trillion dollars in debt, and we're stuck with a debt-based currency.

They pull the illusion of difference over your eyes to blind you from the truth, the truth that they've been bought out. The truth that they care more about themselves than about society, the majority of them anyway.

Congressional elections are of equal or greater importance than the presidential election. It's time to clean house; for the love of all things holy, vote for a candidate backed by a different party and break this two-party system, or you'll doom us all.

The only wasted vote is the vote that you waste on an evil, lesser evil or otherwise. Vote for what is good, vote for someone who really stands for what you believe in, even if you have no hope of succeeding. Do it because it's the right thing to do.

The congressional elections are in November. Now's your chance.

http://www.opencongress.org/wiki/2010_U.S._Senate_elections
http://www.opencongress.org/wiki/2010_House_elections
Nitzlplix

Tell us something we don't know.
ihasaspleen

Nitzlplix wrote:
Tell us something we don't know.

Forum Image
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

Lol, a pretty bold thread. Hope you don't get assassinated! wink

What's with the political awareness? Quite beside the "Election Day" this year, but most of Visions can't even vote.

Yahni~ wrote:
Lol, a pretty bold thread. Hope you don't get assassinated! wink

What's with the political awareness? Quite beside the "Election Day" this year, but most of Visions can't even vote.

Forum Image

They'll be able to vote soon enough. How many people do we have here that are 15~17? No better time than the present to get their mind in order on the subject.

As for me... Just like candidates have to start campaigning early, it's my civil duty to remind people that they need to start paying attention to the candidates.

I'm one of those crazy constitutionalist people who believe that we should actually take our rights seriously, such as the right to vote. ;D
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

Alright, I understand.

So you gonna do this every day/month/year? wink

Your pictures are so random and awesome o.o

ihasaspleen

It's just healthy to give a little nudge every once in awhile. :P
Tranceluv
Legacy Member

Forum Image
Kirno

Forum Image

win

that is win.

Forum Image
Made this back before Obama became president when I observed how people appeared to be in a trance when Obama did his little chant thing. I find it even more humorous now than I did when I made it.

Obama ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYTKj8pU5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t8GdxFYBU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4yFiPQZlF8

The man I will vote for next election if he runs, this dude is my hero, no joke ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8

Dr. Paul has been consistent on what he says and does for over 30 years, during which, by the way, he's been a congressman.

Obama, not so much. We elected an unknown candidate to the office of president. I gotta admit though, Obama sure does have perdy words, hyuk hyuk hyuk. :D

Just think: If Dr. Paul had been elected instead, taxes would be lower, we wouldn't be gearing up to go to war with Yemen, this insane crap going on with unreasonable and useless "security" checks wouldn't be happening, we'd be well on our way to a stable currency, and the government really would be more open and televised on CSPAN. xD

How do I know this? Because Dr. Paul has demonstrated his sincerity and devotion and capacity to tell the truth and stick to his word over the course of several decades.

But no, you wanted Obama instead. Ha ha ha ha....

I remember, I did this when I watched them finish counting all the electoral votes and the crowds started cheering:

Forum Image
Isuruginoe

Depending on your state, your vote may not matter Especially if you live in a state like CA where the outcome is certain before you even vote. All of the democrats will win with 100% certainty. The majority of Californians are just like flocks of sheeps that will do anything that the democratic party says.

A candidate like Paul will never win. The policies you are seeing now will continue through our generation and after until the end of US. There will be no change in the US, the US people are not capable of it since they are just flocks of blind sheeps that follow what their party says.

Every candidate is going to say plans that will be popular but not necessarily good for the long term. That is the greatest flaw with democracy: short term gains are popular; so all you are going to have is candidates that make popular short term decisions that will hurt the future.

People are such simple creatures, they will take something remotely satisfying but immediate while totally oblivious to the future. It's simple: humans just think: ahhh... that'll be a long time from now, i'll figure it out then.

The best plan of action is to plan on moving away from the US once you get out of college. There is no hope for the US to recover. There's also no hope that the US will ever solve that debt problem without defaulting or printing money to wipe our your savings.
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

Now isn't that the ray of sunshine that wakes you up in the mornin'.

I, personally, haven't given up on my country and I, for one, am grateful to have what others do not. For example, Haiti, who is suffering horribly due to the earthquake.

Yea, I'll vote, but right now, I'm smart enough not to put my political opinion out there.

@Isuruginoe

I know the feeling... But we've still gotta try, even if things seem hopeless. You think the founders didn't feel a little hopeless against the vast might of the British military, the largest and most powerful empire of their day?

As for the debt situation... You're right, we are going to have to default. It's the only thing we can do... The sooner the better..But did you know that the government has a stash of silver for when the fed notes tank? Not nearly enough to account for all the bills we've printed, but it's a start.

@Yahni

I'm too transparent for my own good sometimes. Ha ha ha...I just wanted to encourage everyone to vote. :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum