View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
LastFantasy

re: Tegatais Gold Dupe Story

i was randomly searching through the nexon forums when i came across Tegatais gold dupe story. He explains why he did it. Heres the link http://forum.nexon.net/Mabinogi/forums/thread/4086202.aspx

Well I never really understood excactly how or what the gold dupe was. I knew it involved some people exploiting a glitch to make millions, but i never went into to much depth with it. My computer had a virus during the time of the dupe, so i didnt know much about it. Tegs thread even goes to explain his plans, and he even tells some names that was involved in the dupe that i didnt really expect was a part of it. I always wondered why after i came back to mabi, how come the Prices of stuff skyrocketed by literally 10x the normal price. But i just let my ignorance rule over me and never went into the reason.
Well anyways have fun reading, its page 2

even without the gold drop the prices would be at what it is now. We have a lot more higher leveled players hauling in millions a week.

If you think about it most of the gold stays in game. Your highest expenses are buying from other players instead of going into game NPCs.

That's added to the fact that many of the cash dungeons in this game requires not much gear, so in fact, you can probably reduce your repair expenses to less than 50k/week and ego expense to around 100k/week.
But you can haul in probably 1M+ just in pure cash drops.
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

Eh...I don't really care, it's just a game. It was just kinda funny how he made himself seem like such a big deal or he's so famous. I mean, we are all clearly still standing after gold glitch and PE. Like I said, its still a game. I don't really care. I had been oblivious during the glitching, but I do know about 3-4 people who had been glitching. I didn't like it. They knew I didn't like it. Thus, they kept me out of it, and away from me. Same with people who use mods. They know I don't use them. I don't like them. They don't bring them up with me.

Yahni~ wrote:
Eh...I don't really care, it's just a game. It was just kinda funny how he made himself seem like such a big deal or he's so famous. I mean, we are all clearly still standing after gold glitch and PE. Like I said, its still a game. I don't really care. I had been oblivious during the glitching, but I do know about 3-4 people who had been glitching. I didn't like it. They knew I didn't like it. Thus, they kept me out of it, and away from me. Same with people who use mods. They know I don't use them. I don't like them. They don't bring them up with me.

I think you forgot to tell us how much you don't care about this, perhaps you could say it one more time.
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

Nitzlplix wrote:
Yahni~ wrote:

I think you forgot to tell us how much you don't care about this, perhaps you could say it one more time.

That was extremely unwarrented

Only said it twice, but if you really need me to say it again, I can. wink

if you think we have it bad maple story selling things for like 50bil for a sword

The gold dupe was never fixed, nexon just put a bandaid over it and said HURR DURR, ALL BETTER. Not gonna go into details though, lest some clever scamp discover how to bypass the patch.

While their little solution didn't actually fix the problem, it did severely limit who has the ability to abuse the bug, because... Let's face it, most of you aren't programmers. There are still a few people taking advantage of the bug though.

And, of course, let's not forget the whole issue of the few people who got to the glitch first and have put hundreds of millions away so they'll never have to worry about money on mabi again. Coincidentally, those same people were the ones who reported the glitch to begin with, or so I'm told.

What's really funny is that the people who did the most damage, the one's who ran around and bragged in public about how they had duped retarded amounts of gold... They got off scotch free. Not going to name any names. Happy

All the while, many people who had nothing to do with the glitch got banned. EG Everyone's favorite public enchanter: Revy. Banned for absolutely no reason. If I can even remember the name right. Hell, I don't know, you should know who I'm talking about.
Encore*
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Awarded:

thanks for the link. i was gone from mabi during the several months before and after the gold dupe and the PE editing, but i did come back to find out i missed the apocolypse.

ihasaspleen, it's best not to even mention that to people. things like that are best kept to yourselves because some might get curious and once they find out and tell a friend. the circle never ends..

isu, i'm pretty sure everyone who earns millions every week (this week i was one of them envy ) don't pick up all the cash from mobs.. the real cash comes in from the hundreds of poorer players who actually do pick them up.

yahni, as much as i would love to agree with you.. i cannot. you are refusing to accept that others are reducing the quality of the game. a metaphor would be if you were a responsible sailor on the ship. other ppl (the dupers, hackers, whathaveyou) are cutting pieces off the ship slowly for their own amusement. you see them do this, yet you choose to ignore them and one day, you will find that the boat has sunk because no one stopped these people from chipping away. you do care about the ship; you do care about the game. think about why you play this game.. the combat? (broken by PE hackers).. the friends? (many who have left because of the instability in the game).. etc. i don't mean anything personal about what i said, but it's food for thought.

nitzplix, each person is entitled to their own opinion. let them speak their mind and if you have something to say, say it with reason and logic. don't be a smartass

lamp, it's unwarranted* Happy

ihasaspleen

Encore* wrote:
ihasaspleen, it's best not to even mention that to people. things like that are best kept to yourselves because some might get curious and once they find out and tell a friend. the circle never ends..

I know. That's exactly why I said it.

Encore* wrote:
yahni, as much as i would love to agree with you.. i cannot. you are refusing to accept that others are reducing the quality of the game human society.*

I think that's what you actually meant to say.

Encore* wrote:

You are not using correct capitalization or punctuation. Shame on you.
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

I see what you mean, but I don't do a lot of PvP anymore, partly because it doesn't matter that much to me anymore, so the PE'ers don't bother me anymore. As for the economy, I make enough gold to sustain my characters so I'm not too concerned about it. Hey, I adapted to that when the glitch came around. I survived. And as for the friends, I do still keep up with the people who left after the glitch. Just not on Mabi. I am also on multiple Ventrilo servers and MSN when I play Mabi. Really, I am on just to keep up with friends and see how they are doing. I just need to multi-task, or I easily get bored. Thus, I'm usually playing Mabi, watching tv/listening to music, talking to people, texting, and studying.

I guess I have been affected by these glitches/PE, but really, I'm pretty satisfied with my character so I'm not as driven anyways, so it doesn't bother me.

Encore* wrote:

RAA i thought it was but then changed it to ent!!!

see if i knew what the dupe was, all id honestly do is buy the castle ...and a house o.o... and use the money to support new players such as the ones who struggle to repair and who hate the game for the little amount of money they can gather, and yes thats a honest answer >.>
Kirno

if nexon was rilly trying to salve the gold dube they could just clear all the gold from everyone makeing the eccomtry poor witch will make thinks less priced

Awarded:

to be honest, you might think less of me for this but..

i would have used this glitch to the max and use dozens/hundreds of alts and money transfers so that my money would be kept secure. then i would be able to use this money at my leisure in the future (of course i wouldn't flood the market, it would just be like a limited inheritance). i want the game to be fair and the market to stay stable, if the market inflated to the point where it was now, my money would have decreased in value since my buying power would have been greatly lowered.

things i would buy with the money (i wouldn't use any of the black money until much later, like now would be pretty safe):
gear that i actually use
gifts for ppl that i really like (and they would use, i really don't like it when i gift ppl stuff that they don't use, very upsetting)
materials for refining, weaving, tailoring, smithing (i would still buy cheap, i don't like it when prices increase)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum