View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: One way to make an audio recording!

For the Sing Our Song Event, I just realized that some people may have problems finding a workable audio editing program to record themselves with. Well, this is a short tutorial on how to get started!

First you’d need a functional computer, at least 100 mb of space, access to internet and a microphone! =P

Download the free trial of Acoustica Mixcraft! This is the audio editor I use! =]

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/download.htm

After downloading and installing the program. Download one of the background music I’ve uploaded then just drag and drop it to one of the audio tracks in mixcraft!

You can record your voice by clicking the red circle beside the control options.

Forum Image

Make sure you click arm on an audio track to input from your microphone! If your microphone is plugged in your computer, it should pick it up by default and use it when you arm an audio track. =]

Forum Image

After recording, go to File, Mix down to, then mp3. Save it, and then upload it to the website!

Forum Image

To upload to the website, just go to galleries, then to the file library tab, and click browse! Find your file from your computer then click ok. This will start uploading your file to the website. This step might take a few minutes so just be patient!

Forum Image

After uploading, you should see your file in the library. Right click and go to properties! Copy the link on the address, and then paste it as a reply to the event!

Forum Image

Forum Image

I suggest that you download Mixcraft only when you’re sure that you have time to record because the free trial is only for 15 days! After that, you’d need to use another program for recording! xD

Well, good luck! I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any problems! Everyone is always free to ask me questions! =]

Council Member

Awarded:

re: One way to make an audio recording!

Incase you did not know to download mp3 from our guild file library, if you’re using Firefox, just right click on the mp3 file and then choose Save Link As…

If you’re using Internet Explorer, right click on the mp3 file then click Save Target As…

wink

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: