Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Visions Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0

Hey guys! I'm going to start the Question Game. You may find details about the rules at http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11334402&gid=103748

Since Rellak already posted a question there, we can start with that question and I'm going to give my answer lol.


Rellak asked:
You figure out that the meaning of life truly is 42 and that everything else is a waste of numerals, do you share the discovery and be deemed insane or hide it and watch the world BURN?


My answer:
Well I don't see how the world can burn by witholding the "meaning of life". The world will be as it is, still looking for that "meaning". So because there are no risks by not sharing it, I would hide my information.

The is only one situation where I may be pressured to share my information as soon as possible. That would be if the world already believes a "meaning of life" that is more destructive or chaotic to the world than my discovery. I would hope that my discovery of the meaning of life would help the world progress and maintain peace. Otherwise there would be no point in sharing it. I value security and stability more than the truth. :)


My question for next person:
What keys of a keyboard do you not use?



_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
RellakTheGreen
Member

user avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2016
Posts: 10

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0

Answer: The pause break because really... a pause is a break so the key is totally tautologous.

 

Question: Thick or thin crust pizza?

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
RellakTheGreen wrote:

Answer: The pause break because really... a pause is a break so the key is totally tautologous.

 

Question: Thick or thin crust pizza?

mm I guess you're right. I don't think anyone uses that button on the keyboard lol.

Answer to your question:

I usually don't like the crusts of a pizza so I'd go for thin crust!

I actually eat pizza backwards because I don't like the crust. I want to end with the toppings so I remember the good taste when I finish a pizza. I could cut away the pizza crust, but then that would be wasteful lol.

Question:

What is your perfect pizza?



_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
RellakTheGreen
Member

user avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2016
Posts: 10

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
Cyril0321 wrote:

Question:

What is your perfect pizza?

 Answer: BACON BACON and MORE BACON! ...... I like Bacon on my pizza.

 

Edit: Cause I forgot a question, WHOOPSIES!

 

Question: Interstellar travel in the future will require humans to travel 2 different ways, one will be cryogenic hibernation and the the other will be generational families. Cryo sleep will let you get there in the blink of an eye but everything you ever knew and loved would be long gone and dead, but the other would allow you to see the stars and have a family but you'd die before reaching the destination.  Out of these 2 methods of travels which would you choose?

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
RellakTheGreen wrote:

 Answer: BACON BACON and MORE BACON! ...... I like Bacon on my pizza.

 

Edit: Cause I forgot a question, WHOOPSIES!

 

Question: Interstellar travel in the future will require humans to travel 2 different ways, one will be cryogenic hibernation and the the other will be generational families. Cryo sleep will let you get there in the blink of an eye but everything you ever knew and loved would be long gone and dead, but the other would allow you to see the stars and have a family but you'd die before reaching the destination.  Out of these 2 methods of travels which would you choose?

 

lol bacon. That reminds me of a situation when I used to work at a pizza place. I remembered having an unusual order. Some guy ordered a pizza with 10 orders of bacon toppings~ with no cheese and sauce on the pizza. This was processed but then later on the guy complained that he didn't get enough bacon on his pizza lol. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around how that situation concluded. But he probably got a more sensible replacement order.

Answer to your question:

Well it depends on the priority of the mission. My priorities will align with what humanity wants. If it is important for me to stay alive so I can help our mission when we arrive to our destination, then cryo sleep would make more sense. Otherwise, if it's not important for me to alive, then the "generational families" approach would be preferable. Ideally I would like to be able to live a happy life with a family while fulfilling our purpose.

 

Question:

Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to jail for life?



_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
RellakTheGreen
Member

user avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2016
Posts: 10

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
Cyril0321 wrote:

Question:

Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to jail for life?

 I liked that answer, I watched the Passengers movie and it really made me think lol.

 

Answer: I would really depend on the crime and if I thought life was a justified sentence.  And since the only things that get life in Canada are first degree murder, second degree murder,  treason, piracy, mutiny, hijacking, endangering the safety of an aircraft or an airport, endangering the safety of a ship or fixed platform, robbery, kidnapping, attempted murder, accessory after the fact to murder, conspiracy to commit murder, manslaughter, causing death by street racing, impaired driving causing death, causing death by criminal negligence, killing an unborn child in the act of birth, and aggravated sexual assault. I would say if he/she deserved it I wouldn't lie.

 

Edit: I had a cousin go away for 6 months for grown pot and I would have lied for that.

 

Question: Cashews or pistachios?

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
RellakTheGreen wrote:

 I liked that answer, I watched the Passengers movie and it really made me think lol.

 

Answer: I would really depend on the crime and if I thought life was a justified sentence.  And since the only things that get life in Canada are first degree murder, second degree murder,  treason, piracy, mutiny, hijacking, endangering the safety of an aircraft or an airport, endangering the safety of a ship or fixed platform, robbery, kidnapping, attempted murder, accessory after the fact to murder, conspiracy to commit murder, manslaughter, causing death by street racing, impaired driving causing death, causing death by criminal negligence, killing an unborn child in the act of birth, and aggravated sexual assault. I would say if he/she deserved it I wouldn't lie.

 

Edit: I had a cousin go away for 6 months for grown pot and I would have lied for that.

 

Question: Cashews or pistachios?

 lol I'll have to watch that movie. I haven't seen that yet. And it's interesting that you're from Canada too!

 

My answer to your question:

I don't actually have a strong preference on this. But I'd say Cashews!

 

My Question:

If you were to take any one item in Mabinogi to real life, what would it be?



_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
RellakTheGreen
Member

user avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2016
Posts: 10

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
Cyril0321 wrote:

 lol I'll have to watch that movie. I haven't seen that yet. And it's interesting that you're from Canada too!

 

My answer to your question:

I don't actually have a strong preference on this. But I'd say Cashews!

 

My Question:

If you were to take any one item in Mabinogi to real life, what would it be?

 Answer : Nao (this will include Nao stones), and if she doesn't count then my flashy valk shield cause I'm lame.

 

Question: Do you know the Dragon Reborn?

P0cari
Member

user avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2016
Posts: 6

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
RellakTheGreen wrote:

 

Question: Do you know the Dragon Reborn?

 Answer: "The Dragon Reborn is the third book of American author Robert Jordan's fantasy series The Wheel of Time. It was published by Tor Books and released on September 15, 1991. The unabridged audio book is read by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading." - Maybe? I copy pasted since I haven't heard of it before. I'll check it out since I like Fantasy Novels.

 

Question: What is the Filipino equivalent to shaved ice and what is your favorite shaved ice topping? (My favorite is ube icecream!)

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0
P0cari wrote:

 Answer: "The Dragon Reborn is the third book of American author Robert Jordan's fantasy series The Wheel of Time. It was published by Tor Books and released on September 15, 1991. The unabridged audio book is read by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading." - Maybe? I copy pasted since I haven't heard of it before. I'll check it out since I like Fantasy Novels.

 

Question: What is the Filipino equivalent to shaved ice and what is your favorite shaved ice topping? (My favorite is ube icecream!)

Answer: lol you're talking about Halo-halo? I don't really eat much ice cream in general but I like "cookies and cream". I remember loving ube too! But I feel like it's been so long since I've had one that I'm not even sure how it tastes anymore. I'll probably try it again when I get the chance! xD

 

Question: Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?

 



_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
Scarcard

user avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2014
Posts:

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Idk how to do this

0

Question: Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?

Answer: I don't think children should be sheltered from unhappiness. I feel that they need to experience the realities of life before it's too late; as nothing prepares you more than knowing what to expect. 

Question: What would you call an ostrich/sheep hybrid?

RellakTheGreen
Member

user avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2016
Posts: 10

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Re: Idk how to do this

0
Scarcard wrote:

Question: Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?

Answer: I don't think children should be sheltered from unhappiness. I feel that they need to experience the realities of life before it's too late; as nothing prepares you more than knowing what to expect. 

Question: What would you call an ostrich/sheep hybrid?

 Answer: An Alpaca xD

 

Question: if An alien race decided to visit earth for the purpose of welcoming us to an intergalactic barbecue, do you think the human race would accept or totally break down from finally knowing were not the snowflakes of the universe?

RellakTheGreen
Member

user avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2016
Posts: 10

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: [Question Game] 1

0

Rellak wins xD

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 2579

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Re: Idk how to do this

0
RellakTheGreen wrote:

 Answer: An Alpaca xD

 

Question: if An alien race decided to visit earth for the purpose of welcoming us to an intergalactic barbecue, do you think the human race would accept or totally break down from finally knowing were not the snowflakes of the universe?

My Answer:

I think it would be comparable to when humans first explored the continents of the world. Generally, I don't think we'll be very trusting about their "intergalactic barbecue". We'll be defensive and hostile towards them since we won't understand them. People naturally have a fear of the unknown. Since they're not "human" some of us may even feel like we can be cruel to them. Kind of like in the movie, "District 9".

Once we start understanding them more though which would be after a few years of conflict perhaps there will be tolerance that would develop. This tolerance would most likely be fueled by the scientific community who will be very curious about the aliens. Depending on the situation, there may be other factors that would motivate us to tolerate them. Such as the potential to gain resources from them through trading or to have them as an ally to deal with a common or bigger threat.

Otherwise, if humanity does not see any potential in the aliens we meet for economic, intellectual or political gains, then we're probably going to be at war forever. Communication would be key. If we can't understand each other, we'll never be able to parley with them. Ofcourse, if we can get our interests easier without having to cooperate with the aliens, we probably would just kill them. Much like in the movie "Avatar".

In that movie Avatar though humans were fighting each other because there was conflict between economic and intellectual gains. The scientific community benefited by being peaceful whereas the industrial community felt they can gain more from destroying the native aliens. Depending on the situation with the alien we meet, we may have such a civil war happening that will divide the human race.

 

My question:

Do you think it would be more beneficial to the human race to meet an alien that is more technologically advanced than us or less technology advanced? Why?



_________________
All Visions Website Graphic Archive. You might remember some of these: Click here!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Visions Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum