View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: The conflict between Dreams and Visions

Hello,

I do not like talking about past conflicts but some of you were inquiring information on this so I will be posting it here to clarify.

The conflict started because of a few individuals. In the past, as you know, Visions would do guild battles together with other guilds like Dreams. This is where I met Takk from Dreams. If you knew Takk, he is mostly quiet, but is also impolite and rude. After guild battles, Visions guild members would report to me that they were being badmouthed, particularly Takk was quick to insult them.

I wanted guild battle to be fun for Visions and Dreams. I did not want any of these badmouthing. So I investigated on this. I approached Takk and Dream's leader at that time, Kuroban so that we can work to resolve this. Unfortunately, Takk did not cooperate and Kuroban was just as impolite and rude. I've informed Visions members not to be provoked and even implemented consequences together with the Visions Council and the VPA for badmouthing. Regrettably, this did not stop everyone. For a period of time, there were heated badmouthing between the two guilds. This is how the conflict escalated.

I then tried my best to rekindle the bond between Visions and Dreams. I was thinking, if Dream's leadership will not talk to me, then I will approach individuals in Dreams instead. I had friends in Dreams. I even participated in their forums. One day however, Kuroban decided that I have "abused" my privileges as a non-member, told everyone that I was a bad person, and escalated the conflict between Dreams and Visions even more so that I could not approach anyone from Dreams. Kuroban's influence on Dreams was so toxic that even Dreams members who are not involved stayed away from any Visions member.

With every effort to better the relationship between Visions and Dreams backfiring every time and with no further plans to resolve the conflict, I was forced to leave the conflict alone and hope that it will eventually end.

I have quit Mabinogi since then. Recently, I came back after 4 years and until today there are remnants of this conflict.

Council Member

Awarded:

re: The conflict between Dreams and Visions

I actually remember having conversations with Kuro before I quit. It wasn't easy but we made peace with each other. He would always ask me, "why do you care so much?". I suppose I ask the opposite. I ask why he doesn't care about hurting other people. Anyway, we eventually agreed to move on because "he doesn't really care about the conflict anymore." xD

The damage has been done already though. And it is questionable whether this "conflict" could have been avoided even with Takk and Kuro's cooperation from the start. I believe Kuro quit around the same time as I did. I do not know if he is still around. Maybe Kuro can share his side of the story lol.

But so even with this conflict seemingly resolved between leadership, I can understand how people still remember this conflict even to this day.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum