View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: Exploring the new Mabi

Hello,

Just leaving a message here to say that I've decided to revisit Mabinogi. I don't know how many of you are still playing or have also recently decided to revisit, but you are welcome to join me in exploring Mabi again!

I currently do not have any plans for the guild, but I do miss all the activities we used to have here.

If you are coming back, I noticed that you will get a lot of lag if you have a lot of pending quests. They unfortunately accumulate if you haven't logged in for awhile. So be sure you give up most of them or complete them. I am still trying to get rid of all of mine lol.

I won't be as active as I used to be, but it would be fun and interesting to bump into some of you guys again.

As far as I know, there's still several people from the guild that still plays the game, including myself. I often see Allenwalker and MMLink in game but it's been a while since I last saw them, so I don't know if they're active or not. Zeru, Emissary256, and Kikyou are still pretty active also. Other than that, nobody else plays the game.

For the lag via quests, you can go into options>game tab>etc. tab>check hide quest info. Only problem with that would be that you'd need to go into the quest log to check where you are in whatever you're doing since the light rays/text would be gone. There's also more lag from other sources and is rather active due to melee revamp but there isn't much to do in terms of that.

With that being said, welcome back to mabi even though the community is worse/dead than before! There has been severe changes to mabi in the past few years and is no longer the same but a "new" game, so to speak. It still can be fun however, especially with the more recent skill sets, but if you prefer the slower pace of pre-Genesis update (G13S2), then it won't be the same experience as before and will be difficult to get accustomed to. The game also have gotten much easier compared to before to the point where you can almost solo everything once you're more up to date in terms of skills, stats, and gear.

Other than that, I'm sure that any of us of the remaining few would be happy to help you get back on track, since I'm sure that any problems that you might have now are rather easy for us since we've all stayed active and continued to level up and get stronger. Anyways, you should try adding either one of us, I'm still using my same character from before, Sophia00, so you can also add me if you'd like o:

Photobucket
Boo!
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Hi Sophia!

Thank you for replying! You replied pretty quickly!

Yes I've noticed everyone has become really strong. I have been fortunate to have met Emi and Zeru again. And so far I've been hilariously lost with everything. Ask Emi. I don't even know how to read equipment anymore

It is unfortunate to hear that the community is "worse/dead" than before. But that's just perspective. It could be a good thing if it's going to reduce lag! 

I've enjoyed the battle system in the past, I hope it hasn't change too dramatically. I have been able to try a few dungeons already, and for the most part it does feel the same. Except for the lag. It seems like I actually lag more than before for some reason. And I have much better hardware!

Other than the discouraging lag, my first 5 hours of being back seems like a positive experience so far. I feel it will be challenging for me to get used to all the new things though so I may ask a lot of questions. Thank you for offering me your support Sophia. I appreciate any help I can get! I will add you when I get the chance.

Sophia00 wrote:

As far as I know, there's still several people from the guild that still plays the game, including myself. I often see Allenwalker and MMLink in game but it's been a while since I last saw them, so I don't know if they're active or not. Zeru, Emissary256, and Kikyou are still pretty active also. Other than that, nobody else plays the game.

For the lag via quests, you can go into options>game tab>etc. tab>check hide quest info. Only problem with that would be that you'd need to go into the quest log to check where you are in whatever you're doing since the light rays/text would be gone. There's also more lag from other sources and is rather active due to melee revamp but there isn't much to do in terms of that.

With that being said, welcome back to mabi even though the community is worse/dead than before! There has been severe changes to mabi in the past few years and is no longer the same but a "new" game, so to speak. It still can be fun however, especially with the more recent skill sets, but if you prefer the slower pace of pre-Genesis update (G13S2), then it won't be the same experience as before and will be difficult to get accustomed to. The game also have gotten much easier compared to before to the point where you can almost solo everything once you're more up to date in terms of skills, stats, and gear.

Other than that, I'm sure that any of us of the remaining few would be happy to help you get back on track, since I'm sure that any problems that you might have now are rather easy for us since we've all stayed active and continued to level up and get stronger. Anyways, you should try adding either one of us, I'm still using my same character from before, Sophia00, so you can also add me if you'd like o:

Wait a second, you knew it was me playing on my character and you remembered me? Why didn't you say hi? ;~;

Also how did you know that someone posted a topic here? Now I'm really curious. 

Sophia00
The Goddess of Randomness

Emissary256 wrote:
Sophia00 wrote:
-snip-

Wait a second, you knew it was me playing on my character and you remembered me? Why didn't you say hi? ;~;

Also how did you know that someone posted a topic here? Now I'm really curious. 

All I do on mabi is just log in and just AFK immediately. ): Also iirc, someone else was on your account for a certain amount of time or something? So I wasn't completely sure the chara was you or not.

Also, I just happened to look at the forums for nostalgia sakes and saw Cyril posted a topic, thought that I would post something back.

Photobucket
Boo!
HyourinX
Holy Water Addict

A couple attempts at guessing my email... and even more guesses on what my password was, I've finally been able to login like I joined Visions yesterday. 

Wow.  Seems like Nostalgia always brings us back to the places where we had the most fun.  (Maybe that's why I've redownloaded / deleted Maplestory so many times...)

It's amazing to see people still visiting this site.  I ended up visiting my parent's apartment and thought to myself, "Hey, I remember I used to stare at the Visions Forums whenever I ended up staying here... I SHOULD CHECK IT OUT!". And voila!  Chaboom Chaboom, back on the forum replying to a posty with memories of the past.  I tried to get back into Mabi about 2 months ago, but it didn't have that same feeling as before as Sophia mentioned.  Everything was so different that I ended up doing the ol', "I remember when ___ used to be ___" drivel.  Heck, the first thing I did when I relogged into my Alexina character was Holy Water Farming.  Hehehe, my HW farming skills are still top notch to this day.. BWAHAHHAA!!!

But anyway, I'll personally refrain from playing Mabi again.  I want to keep Mabinogi as it is in my mind ; a childhood game with such great experiences.  Joining my first guild (Winged), logging into my first ever VoIP Ventrilo server, farming Alby 4 for AR8... -drools-.  (OH, AND WHEN WM RANK 1 WAS LIKE... SO PROZORZ!).

However!  I think it'll be great if we all meet up in another game someday.  I'm really looking forward to Maplestory 2 / Tree of Savior.  Or who knows.. they have to make a Mabinogi 2 someday right?   Better reuse your current Mabinogi IGNs!  Until then, TERA AND PSO2!  

Wishing you all the best!

PS: Maki in Love Live is the bestorz.

PSS: Well, and Umi too...

PSSS: OH! I CAN SING THE SEASON 1 INTRO BY HEART!  HOW AMAZING HUH?!

PSSSS: SCREW YOU RANK 1 REFINE!

Hey is still remember my pass word!

I lost my human character that I first joined with but I came back not long ago and am playing under the IGN Consort!

Its going to be a long road back to were I was before. I can't say I remember everyone but I do still see some names that ring a bell. The renovated mabi is... interesting to say the least.

the real shock was to see Cyril's house selling things so I thought I would look back here to see what was going on!

Love to see you back!

Sophia00
The Goddess of Randomness

HyourinX wrote:
-snip-

PSO2!  

-more snip-

Woah, you play PSO2? If you play on Ship 2, you should add me :D! My name's Jakuzure Nonon and I'm primarily a Techer/Force on PSO2 since I lost my original chara that was Gunner/Ranger.

Photobucket
Boo!
MMLink
Legacy Member

Sophia00 wrote:
HyourinX wrote:
-snip-

PSO2!  

-more snip-

Woah, you play PSO2? If you play on Ship 2, you should add me :D! My name's Jakuzure Nonon and I'm primarily a Techer/Force on PSO2 since I lost my original chara that was Gunner/Ranger.

Hurr, KLK.

I still play Mabi religiously. Currently a part of the Capulet guild, Master Judge of the next Tarlach Fair, and a member of Nexon's New User Ambassador program.

Awarded:

MMLink wrote:
Sophia00 wrote:
HyourinX wrote:
-snip-

PSO2!  

-more snip-

Hurr, KLK.

I still play Mabi religiously. Currently a part of the Capulet guild, Master Judge of the next Tarlach Fair, and a member of Nexon's New User Ambassador program.

Glad to hear that you've been really helpful in the community Link. To be honest that surprised me a little bit. You've grown a lot since then.

The guild theme has so much more of an emotional effect listening to it now, its almost feels like it was made to be our swan song. Its so nice to know some of you still revisit this page every now and then, I know every once in a while I come back hoping that there's a new post or two. Hopefully you still remember who I am though, Luffydd bahaha I would have no idea how or why I came up with such a name. Hope all is going well for y'all; as for those that play some stuff of Steam, feel free to add me @ (Do excuse my profile name haha, its some sort of an inside joke) http://steamcommunity.com/id/solutions

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

LuffyDD wrote:

The guild theme has so much more of an emotional effect listening to it now, its almost feels like it was made to be our swan song. Its so nice to know some of you still revisit this page every now and then, I know every once in a while I come back hoping that there's a new post or two. Hopefully you still remember who I am though, Luffydd bahaha I would have no idea how or why I came up with such a name. Hope all is going well for y'all; as for those that play some stuff of Steam, feel free to add me @ (Do excuse my profile name haha, its some sort of an inside joke) http://steamcommunity.com/id/solutions

Unfortunately, I think when I played this version of the guild theme I may have actually been contemplating on the end of our guild already haha xD

I do miss all the creative stuff we used to do here. I still have regrets whether it might have been possible to have kept the guild until now.

Luffy I hope you are doing well! Have you tried Mabinogi again recently? I have come back a few weeks ago, but things just didn't feel right anymore so I quit again shortly after lol.

Awarded:

re: i don't remember how this works

Hey its me I'm here hi. Wow seeing so many familiar names/faces brings back the memories. Good times yea... Well I guess that's it just came here to say hi and bye to everyone. Well actually no not really.

Ya I'm not playing mabi anymore if I'm ever on it is probably cause Allenwalker asked me for free stuff again cause I just keep a ton of random useful stuff.

Nowadays I'm jumping from game to game getting excited and bored over and over.

The only game I have sort of committed to is League of Legends.

Other than that...

I am looking forward to playing Tree of Savior, I think it is being beta tested now not too sure on the progress though and it also got greenlit on Steam.

If it turns out well I might commit cause I think I read somewhere that it is the spiritual successor of Ragnarok.

Ok I'm done cya later everyone.

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Sprite Tree of Savior does look like Ragnarok. But it also reminds me of another MMORPG I played called, "Lunia". This was even before mabi lol.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LaWEE2dblw

Opening trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGrHsAXJl8

It had some major shortcomings on community, market, and performance optimization, but the PvE and PvP experience was amazing. Like some fighting games such as Tekken, it was known for its "hard to master" combos. This video shows you how good players do Eir (healer/support class) infinite combos -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUNJUqhQZNk

I have been "jumping from game to game getting excited and bored over and over again" as well xD

I revisit games every now and then though. My favourite kinds are usually strategy, RTS, or FPS games. Recently I've been spending time on Hearthstone, the Blizzard card game lol.

Sprite maybe we can play League sometimes. I usually play Dota 2 but I think I'll be able to adapt quickly as long as I know the MOBA fundamentals I think. I was introduce to MOBAs since its beginnings and I am generally a good RTS player so I think I should be an above average MOBA player! xD

I have old stuff in my mabi character that I've been trying to give out as well. If anyone wants some old things I may have, let me know

I noticed that guildlaunch does not seem to allow anonymous posts anymore. So if you forgot your log in to this website you may have to make a new one. I think you can make a guildlaunch account and you don't have to register for this guild to be able to post. I'll have to test this out when I get a chance. If you need to be registered to this guild, I'll probably "open recruitment" lol

Awarded:

Cyril0321 wrote:

Sprite maybe we can play League sometimes. I usually play Dota 2 but I think I'll be able to adapt quickly as long as I know the MOBA fundamentals I think. I was introduce to MOBAs since its beginnings and I am generally a good RTS player so I think I should be an above average MOBA player! xD

You know I think it would be great if we could play together, but there are issues that come up. Since I'm playing league I'm not too sure about me playing Dota 2 I'll look into that game, but I probably won't be interested. On the flip side of that if you are the one that is coming over to play league well... the thing is I feel that the worst thing about league is that it is not really friendly to people who first start out. I'm not too sure how much you know about League so I"ll just state some things that happen just to let you know what is going to happen.

The max level of your account is 30 note that I said account level and not champion level those are two different things. Each level up gives a mastery point, these points can be allocated to 3 trees(offense, defense, utility) that affect the stats of your champion. These points are free and you can make as many mastery pages as you want for free, but not having all the mastery points feels bad.

Every few levels you gain a rune slot, runes are purchasable tokens that take the place of a slot to enhance a stat of your choosing on top of that there are tiers of runes so the best ones can only be used when you are level 20+ and they are expensive to buy the entire set and obviously you can't use one set for all champs or else you are at a gold disadvantage at the start of the game cause the stats you gain from runes equal to gold.. sort of anyways.

On top of all this you have to purchase champions with either rp(rl money) or ip(ingame money earned from matches). Of course there is the free week champ selection thing, but yea you will feel limited in your choice at the beginning. Just to let you know what you are getting yourself into  if you chose to just grind for ip to buy champs... champions range in price from as low as 500ish ip to as high as 6300. At lower levels I think you gain increased ip gain per game but it is still slow and yea just makes you feel bad cause you can't play the champions you want to play till you purchase them or they enter the weekly free champ rotation.

So yea it  takes a lot of effort to get into league and set things up and I don't want to be the only reason you play league cause well we can't play all the time and it would require you to put in a huge effort and I don't want to make you feel like I just said "hey lets play league together" and then sort of leave you out to dry when we aren't playing as much as you would expect.

Probably the best thing about league is fooling around with your friends, making plays and just having fun playing the game. Other than that RiotGames supports this game as an esport and streams professional league matches. Then there are the music videos that they make sometimes just for fun or for an event.

Like this video was made to show off one of the newer adc's personality through a music video.

And then this video here was made for one of their tournaments.

I also liked this one cause the animation team for this video also animated the characters from Avatar the last airbender

So yea League is great and all but not too good for people starting out.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Public Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum