View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steel56
Legacy Member

re: Programming & Tech Interests?

I was kind of wondering if anyone was into programming and other related technology topics. I'm trying to think up ideas to practice programming and such so thought I might throw up a discussion and see what would be brought up. I'm studying Computer Science right now so was wondering if anyone else might be doing anything along those lines. 

I was also thinking, if people were interested,  about maybe making a forum thread about discussing game mechanics (new/old or even self created) thought it might be an interesting topic. Look forward to hearing some feedback on this topic!

Awarded:

Well my interests are making creative works for entertainment and improving things to make life easier. I've taught myself programming and technology because those do make entertainment and life easier haha. But I've always been open to solutions outside of technology as well lol.

If you have an interesting idea, let me know. If it's entertaining or something that will help people, I'd definitely look into it. :)

Actually I was thinking of an idea that might be nice to implement with Visionsctrl. There are some functions that are downright annoying that can be used in guild chat. One example is the random Sale results I was considering that we might be able to implement two ideas in regards to that.

1. Make it possible to have Visionsctrl respond to PM's from people in the guild when they use the commands.

2. You could modify the !sale function and have Visionsctrl search a particular string for example it would read the !sale command then it would split the string after the !sale command and search for an keyword to an item. 

An example might be:

!saleDragon 

and it would pull up results such as the nakuru robe and other words associated with that keyword in the housing board database.

Its just an idea and I'm not really sure about exact implementation especially when it comes to the networking side of this problem. I might be able to help with string input algorithm especially a little later in this semester as I'm studying high level beginner algorithms atm.

Awarded:

Hi Steel,

Those are good suggestions.

Unfortunately Mabinogi's chat system does not have a quick whisper function or PM function. If players can't do it, it'd be harder for bots to do it.

The string search we can do for a web application. There are actually a lot of housing search that you can use though, including the one here -> http://visionshome.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=113431&gid=103748.

Regrettably it is very difficult for my bot to take string search inputs for the "!sale" command because it actually listens to input using pixels, not string data. The bot does not actually connect to Mabinogi's chat server to be able to listen to string data. It depends on visual cues on what happens around it then reacts to it. If it sees an image that looks like the "!sale" command, it will respond with the output. Think of our bot as someone who does not understand English but it has a list of symbols that commands it to execute a function whenever it sees it.

Potentially, we can make it learn a lot more symbols to recognize all the possible sale searches. But that would be too difficult to predict and it's probably best to use the housing search in game or a web application for filtering lol.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum