View previous topic :: View next topic  
FailEpic

re: G20

Guess this post is mostly a "About Squires" post.

Main Camp

The Squires' main camp is at Avalon Gate, which you can first get to via land by walking over on Scathach Beach. Or using the thing in your special inventory.

You can always reach this main camp by opening up your Character Menu, hitting the new tab "Special Unit" and then hitting "Enter Camp". This doesn't seem to have a cooldown on teleporting, functioning similar to a Homestead. You can enter and leave it at any time and any items left inside the main camp will be permanently lost.

Squires

There are six stats : STR, INT, DEX, WILL, LUCK, DIV (Divinity). Each character specializes in a certain stat. While there are six squires, you can only pick one at first, getting up to three. Three girls: Kanna (DIV), Elsie (LUCK), Eirlys (WILL). Three guys : Logan (DEX), Dai (STR), Kaour (INT). 

You can start by picking either Kanna or Logan. They'll give you a quest, introducing the next part.

This is my personal opinion, but I would pick Kanna as my starter. Kanna's likability quests are much more easier compared to Logan's.

Squire Interaction - Stress and Likability

Every Erinn day, resetting at 6 AM, you can speak with your squires. The game gives an assortment of conversation topics (Missions, Training, Playing, Cooking, Fashion, Dating) and using them you talk to the squires. Conversation topics seem to be of three categories, although it's unclear what they would be considered as. The category of conversation topics only seems to affect speaking with Dai, as sometimes he doesn't want to talk about "something serious" (Missions, Training), "something funny" (Playing, Cooking), and "something awkward" (Fashion, Dating). Sometimes, conversation topics will also include selections that will affect the squires' response, being "unique conversations".

Through these conversation topics, you affect their Likability level. It goes up or down depending if they liked or hated the conversation. They also may not have any interest or a lukewarm response to the conversation, not affecting their companion level. You get three times to change your likability level. At level 3, they become recruitable. Likability caps out at level 5, 99%.

One type of conversation response is "Subtle hint". Still no clue what this is about.

Actually reading the dialogue helps in conversations, as it sometimes tells you something about the squire or helps with picking the next choice for a conversation topic. For some squires (Kanna, Logan), they'll pretty much tell you what they're interested in and what they want to talk about. For some squires (Dai, Eirlys), they will tell you the topic that they don't want to talk about. And some squires (Elsie, Kaour) will not drop any hints at all. You can use Basic Seals with Shuan or whatever his name was, and he can tell you the first topic  that a squire wants to talk about. For example, I can give a few seals to him to learn what Elsie might want to talk about for the first conversation topic. The cost seems to be equal to a particular squire's likability level.

You can also go out with one Squire every week. Going out with one squire will always raise that squire's likability and reduce their stress (apparently 50?). However, this will have a negative but small impact on the likability of other squires in your unit. There are three places you can go for an Outing : A Masquerade, a Walk, and the Library. During an outing, you will make a choice that will affect the end likability gain. The best choice results in a gain of 20% likability. The worst choice results in a gain of 10% likability. (Needs to be verified, does medium choice give 15%?) Sometimes a squire will request to go to a specific area when talking to them; refusing them does not seem to have any affect. Going out also gives a squire a chance to obtain 1.5x or 2.0x the stat gain from training, similar to Specialization (see Training). 

You can Counsel with a Squire, which makes them rest for 36 RL minutes. This makes them unable to have a conversation or go out on a mission, but reduces their stress. Apparently if stress hits 80, they will refuse to go out on a mission.

At certain points, you will receive a quest pertaining to one of the squires you talk with. For example, I received a quest with Kanna right before I hit level 5 likability. If you receive this quest, you need to finish this quest or else you cannot raise your likability any further. 

At level 5 likability 90%, you will obtain a keyword used in crafting a divine weapon. Asking your squire to go get it will create a new Mission that is that squire-exclusive at the cost of 50% likability.  This mission requires 450 of each stat and 18 Erinn Days to complete. Its rewards are 1 Medal, 18 Advanced Seals, 10k CMD EXP, 10 Training Points.
Each Squire has a different Medal of Honor available, each for crafting a different weapon.
Kanna - Medal of Victory - Divine Blade (2H)
Logan - Medal of Wisdom - Divine Tribolt Wand
Dai - Medal of Honor - Divine Bastard Sword (1H)
Elsie - Medal of Will - Divine Small Lance
Eirlys - Medal of Dignity - Divine Crossbow
Kaour - Medal of Protection - Divine Shield
There is also Medal of Courage, available from the Advanced Baltane Supply Box. These are used for Caswyn's/Pihne's (Judgement Blade Enhancement) Armor Sets.

If you kick a Squire out of your squad, it will reduce their likability by 100% (Thanks Medic)

Conversation Spreadsheet

And now for something strange. Thanks to Medic of Tarlach's Dreams to bringing this to my attention, and the people of Mabination (particularly vouchasfed).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xc5Nk6swRiN8BreBN2_BRL6WOLjEtplq_MIM7ic8-Us/pubhtml?nxid=10 is the one I'm using.

This spreadsheet indicates two things. First, it indicates sequences. This is kind of hard to use practically, but if used right can be helpful. Each time you speak to a Squire, you will be on a particular "sequence" of hints and appropriate answer.  If you answer the appropriate answer, you go to the next one. If not, you're stuck on the same one. For example, if my current sequence is #14 and I answer correctly, it will change to #15. If my current sequence is #14 and I answer wrong, it will still be #15.

Using something such as the Truth Note or Shaun's notes, you can attempt to find what particular sequence you start on. For example, Shaun tells me Eiryls is interested in Training today and her hint is not talk about Cooking. This gives me an idea of my first particular sequence: anywhere where this spreadsheet puts Hint Cooking, Keyword Training.

There are several choices that have Hint Cooking, Keyword Training (#6, #14, #54, #82). However, I can give her the conversation topic I got from Shuan for the first conversation. This will give me the next sequence's hint. This gives me clarification on what number my original sequence was and now can start picking selections that follows that.

Let's go through a run through of what should happen ideally.
S1 - I give Shaun his dirty filthy seals and he gives me what Eiryls is interested in today : Keyword Training.
S2 - I talk to Eiryls to see the hint she gives me : Hint Cooking.
S3 - I look at all the choices that have both Hint Cooking Keyword Training : #6, #14, #54, #64, #82.
S4 - I then talk to Eiryls to get my first successful conversation. In return, she gives me a new hint : Missions.
S5 - Knowing what possible new sequences I am (+1 to the previous numbers, so #7, #15, #55, #65, #83), I check these to see which ones have Mission as a hint. 
S6 - Fortunately, in this case, the only one that has Hint Missions is #83. So I know that I started off with #82, and I'm currently on #83. I look at what the appropriate keyword is for #83 and give that to Eiryls for a second successful conversation : Cooking.
S7 - Now that I know what sequence I'm on, I just add 1 to my previous sequence (1 + 83 = 84) and select the appropriate keyword there : Missions. Doesn't hurt to double check the hint, I guess.

Naturally, this doesn't always work perfectly. 

Sometimes you'll get a 2nd Sequence Hint that will fit multiple sequences with different Keywords available. At this point, just go with Process of Elimination. If I have two sequences : Hint Cooking Keyword Training and Hint Cooking Keyword Missions, just pick one and hope it's right. If it's wrong, you'll know it's the other one and at least you've gotten two right today.

This process is much more simplified and left up to chance/probability when dealing with Elsie or Kaour, due to the lack of Hints.

Secondly, at certain likability levels/percentages, you unlock special conversations which will have additional dialogue and a conversation choice. On the spreadsheet, it is indicated on the right-most side of whoever you're interested in. Each special conversation will interrupt the sequences, placing its own Hint and Keyword. These special conversations don't seem to be repeatable, and I'm not sure if you can access them if you've passed them significantly. Each special conversation will reveal a bit about the character and have a choice (impact of choice unknown). Note that if you do receive a special conversation, that it counts as going to the next sequence. 

After you find your sequence, you can then continue down the list from that point from now out. If you ended your last conversation with a squire at #18, you can expect the next conversation you start up at #19. The owner of the spreadsheet updated it, so that includes links to new utilities to assist in this.

Mission and Rewards

Naturally, the Squires are intended to go out on missions. Going out on missions involves slapping a mission onto a poor unsuspecting Squire and waiting until they succeed or fail. Each mission has requirements that a Squire's stats match (i.e. a Mission may require DIV from a Squire). 

Going onto a mission raises a Squire's stress by one and has the potential to fail. Success is dependent on how much the squire satisfies the stat requirements of a mission, capping at 95% success. Failure of a mission seems to cap out at 2% success (Or at least, lowest I've observed).

Success rate seems to be not just about pure points  (i.e. even if you're missing 120 total amount of points in other stats, so long as you have the others, your success isn't 2%). My guess is that it's a total sum of relevant squires' stats over total sum of mission requirements.

You can prematurely cancel a mission, but you won't get any of the rewards. (thanks foxegirl)

Failure of a mission may result in the Squire being injured and needing treatment (according to Cookiedragon, I haven't seen this myself, so I can't write much about it).

Success rewards the player with Command EXP, Training Points, and Baltane Seals. There are also missions that reward the player in seals, EXP and Gold. These are available at the later commander levels. They start at Level 7, requiring Strength, Will, and Luck. At the later levels, they will require INT and DEX.

Seals are used for buying boxes, which has good stuff like Alban stones and EXP pots and other junk. There's Basic, Int, Adv seals, so probably later tier stuff has better junk. Basic seals can also be used for getting hints about conversation topics, as mentioned before. Seals are not exchangeable through bank or pet.

Command EXP levels your Commander level up, which is used in the cap of recruiting squires (At 7, max of 2 Squires; At 14, max of 3) as well as unlocking higher leveled missions.

Training Points are used to raise the stats of a squire. See Training below.

Mission Notes
There are four different lengths of missions. 1 Erinn Day (ED), 4 ED, 9 ED, and 18 ED. 9 ED and 18 ED missions start occurring at CMD level 7. It seems that 18 ED missions typically rewards seals, gold, and exp. 1 ED, 4 ED, and 9 ED seem to reward with TP and CMD EXP. Each mission rewards an equal amount of seals to the ED of the mission.

At level 10 CMD missions, missions start to award Intermediate Seals now. Not sure about when advanced is.

As you rank up in CMD, the higher leveled quests will require more different kinds of stats.
- CMD 1 - 6 Missions require 2 Stat types
- CMD 7 - 10 Missions require 3 Stat Types
- CMD 11 - 13 Missions require 4 Stat Types
- CMD 14 - 17 Missions require 5 Stat Types
- CMD 18+ Missions require 6 Stat Types 

Special Supply Box Missions
Each Commander level you obtain, you unlock a unique "Special Supply Box" mission that awards an AP Potion, Boxes, and Seals. However, the stat requirements for these tend to be pretty high.
- Lv 3 - 3 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 2, Basic Box 1, Basic Seal 2
- Lv 4 - 6 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 2, Basic Box 1, Basic Seal 2
- Lv 5 - 10 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 5, Basic Box 2, Basic Seal 4
- Lv 6 - 15 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 5, Basic Box 2, Basic Seal 4 
- Lv 7 - 20 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 5, Basic Box 2, Basic Seal 4 
- Lv 8 - 25 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 8, Basic Box 3, Basic Seal 6 
- Lv 9 - 35 of each Stat - 1ED, AP 8, Basic Box 3, Basic Seal 6 
- Lv 10 - 40 of each Stat - 4ED, AP 8, Basic Box 3, Basic Seal 6
- Lv 11 - 50 of each Stat - 4ED, AP 12, Inter Box 1, Inter Seal 2 
- Lv 12 - 60 of each Stat - 4ED, AP 12, Inter Box 1, Inter Seal 2 
- Lv 13 - 70 of each Stat - 4ED, AP 12, Inter Box 1, Inter Seal 2
- Lv 14 - 90 of each Stat - 4 ED, AP 15, Inter Box 2, Inter Seal 4
- Lv 15 - 110 of each Stat - 4 ED, AP 15, Inter Box 2, Inter Seal 4
- Lv 16 - 130 of each Stat - 4 ED, AP 15, Inter Box 2, Inter Seal 4

Training

Training hits a squire's likability (how much for likability?) and stress by 1. Completing a training always takes 36 minutes (1 ED) regardless of what type it is. There are several different types of training choices, each having its own separate training point cost and impact on stats. Some training choices will positively affect a stat, but also will negatively affect another. It seems that all of them also has a likability portion (perhaps requirement, perhaps level of likability lost?)

Each stat has five different training methods. 
#1 - 7 Training Points - 1 Stat Gained - 0 Stat Lost
#2 - 15 Training Points - 3 Stat Gained - 1 Stat Lost
#3 - 25 Training Points - 3 Stat Gained - 0 Stat Lost
#4 - 40 Training Points - 6 Stat Gained - 1 Stat Lost
#5 - 55 Training Points - 6 Stat Gained - 0 Stat Lost

Specialization in a particular stat enables for a chance of increased gain of stats. I've observed a 1.5x bonus and a 2x bonus. In addition, I've also observed that specialization occurs even when it's a stat being reduced (Kanna was doing Stargazing or something, +6 LUCK, -1 DIV, and specialization kicked in to do +9 LUCK, -1 DIV).

Training one stat using #2 or #4 will negatively affect another stat (Stat Lost). Stat Lost can not reduce a particular stat below 1.
Training DIV will negatively impact STR.
Training STR will negatively impact INT.
Training INT will negatively impact DEX.
Training DEX will negatively impact WILL.
Training WILL will negatively impact LUK.
Training LUK will negatively impact DIV.

NX Items

Training Completion Scroll - Currently 900 NX - Seems self-explanatory, these finish a squires' training immediately.

Truth Note - Currently 600 NX - Functioning similar to Shuan's hints, these cause the squire to tell the player all three conversation interests.

Reunion Note - Currently 400 NX - Allows a player to speak to a squire again, overriding the one-conversation-per-day limit and allowing for two conversations on a day.

Last edited by FailEpic on 2016/04/23 17:02; edited 8 times in total
foxegirl
Visions's Pet Fox

ooooo great post Frost. this will really help me with my squire's.

The Pet Fox. dont call someone a monster just because they have a tail and ears of a animal. Become friends with them for they can be kind and playful and dont abuse the kitsunes we are just a simple kind of fox for i am a kitsune myself. 

Consort (The New Stork)
The Towering

Date Sim + Idol Management Game!

3 Days in and I'm already starting to hoarding the Baltane Seals! If you get any of the new materials you should let me know!

I need loads of them! This is my chance to shine as a Life Skills Master!

@Consort of Tarlach Thanks!

Council Member

Awarded:

This chart was really useful!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xc5Nk6swRiN8BreBN2_BRL6WOLjEtplq_MIM7ic8-Us/pubhtml?nxid=10

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum