View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMLink
Legacy Member

re: Need Help with Converting to Midi

I need help converting a few songs to MIDI. I can take care of running it through the code creating family (3ML), but I don't think I'm able to know how to successfully convert MP3 to MIDI.

If anyone's willing to help, I can send the mp3s

Awarded:

Tough luck. It's almost impossible to convert MP3 to MIDI because they are totally different sound files. Think of midis as files that play according to the note, pitch, intensity (reads like a music sheet) and specializes in synthesized instruments. MP3 is an audio wave file that has been compressed and so it would be entirely impossible to get a midi out of. There are a few mp3 to midi conversion programs, but the quality won't be what you want and rather it sounding like a midi, it's going to sound like crap, which you won't want because you want to make it into MML.

The best way you can go about it is to find a midi of the song you are planning on using and import it into 3ML OR you can make your own midi version of the song (by electronic piano keyboard or midi programs). If you know how to write music, it could easily be done using sheet music reading programs that can save them into midi.

Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: Re: Need Help with Converting to Midi

MMLink wrote:
I need help converting a few songs to MIDI. I can take care of running it through the code creating family (3ML), but I don't think I'm able to know how to successfully convert MP3 to MIDI.

Souyui explained it well.

Which mp3 song are you thinking of link? Maybe I can transcribe or find the song's midi for you! Happy

re: Re: Need Help with Converting to Midi

Cyril0321 wrote:
MMLink wrote:

Souyui explained it well.

Which mp3 song are you thinking of link? Maybe I can transcribe or find the song's midi for you! Happy

Velonica - Aqua Timez, Hitohiro No Hanabira - StereoPony, Heart Wave (Ryussei No Rockman)

I used a program similar to this in the past... it's not 100% acurate but it will do the job.

http://www.mymusictools.com/articles/how-do-i-convert-mp3-to-midi.htm

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> The MML Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: