Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Event Suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Karikus
The Elementalist

re: Idea - Within Guild diplomacy.

Guild Friends Diplomacy

This is meant to be a completely fun game in which guild friends play a Mabinogi adapted version of Diplomacy, a game where you control a European power before world War one, progress by capturing strategic locations with your armies for either world domination, or world peace.
When I say in game I do not mean Mabinogi in general I mean in this Guild Friends Diplomacy game.

The Mabinogi Adapted Version uses the following:

Infantry (A) – Infantry (foot soldiers on elf side) who battle on land against Infantry (B) soldiers of another guild. It is usually a battle to gain territory.

Infantry (B) – Infantry (foot soldiers on giant side) who battle on land against Infantry (A) soldiers of another guild. It is usually a battle to gain territory.

Air Force (A) – Balloon (Air Soldiers on elf side) who battle in the sky against other balloons (you can do that right?) of another guild. It is usually a battle to gain territory.

Air Force (B) Balloon (Air Soldiers on Giant side) who battle in the sky against other balloons (you can do that right?) of another guild. It is usually a battle to gain a territory.

Battles – There must be mutual agreement between the two guilds to hold a battle. The battle should be arranged certain time and place. Battles are won when one side has more than twice as many infantry members standing. At which point territory is awarded to the victor, not all territory however, just the area where the battle was arranged and fought.

Negotiation Phase – At any time two guilds may converse, solely for game or trade reasons, sign a treaty, for the game only or trade exclusively, ordering peace or goods.

Movement Phase – Unlike the board game, players can move freely as they wish and with directive from their leader they may initiate a battle, of course with mutual agreement.

Supply Centers – Supply Centers are just dots on the map representing the success of the guild and their territory. When more and more supply centers are taken that shows simply a decline in the guild’s ability to win this fun game. (I’ve played this game before and it’s fun to lose)

Capitals – Each guild can pick a capital for their territory when their capital is captured along with the rest of their territory as a result of another guild declaring war, only in game, they have lost the game.

Territory – Each guild is assigned territory, however places such as Port Ceann and Dunbarton remain neutral.

How to Win:

A game is won when there is a single group or union left standing. For example if two guilds make an alliance then they are absorbed into won union until another guild breaks away.
Arranging a Battle:

To arrange a battle one must publicly contact another guild’s guild leader, arrange the location of the battle, territory they are fighting for, and which Infantry they will bring A or B.

Surrendering:

Conditional Surrenders – When a leader running the defense or attack in a battle gives an oral surrender all fighting stops and they may state conditions if the attacking guild does not agree to them fighting continues.

Unconditional Surrenders – When a defensive or offensive group loses more than 3/4th of their original attacking members and the other group has twice as many members still present and attacking the other guild has surrendered the territory of the battle.

Guild’s Withdraw:

If a guild is disbanded during the game they may divide the land up amongst individual members. They may choose to withdraw themselves during the game without disbanding in that case all wars against that territory stop and the land is divided among remaining guilds or the land is divided into their “alliances”.

Here are starting Districts to choose from:
Forum Image

District I is Fillia
District II is Port Qilla
District III is Cor
District IV is Vales
District V is Zardine
District VI is Tailletien and Emian (Karikus and Team) 1
District VII is Tir Choniall

Rules:

1.) There are to be NO PVP outside of when battles are declared or without the consent of the other guild member, the result of these battles do not affect the game.
2.) Random Mabinogi players are not to be drawn into the war even if they left their PVP on.
3.) If significant interference is faced from an unofficial participant the
Prizes – None it’s just for fun.

Fun right?[/img]

Last edited by Karikus on 2010/05/22 17:42; edited 2 times in total

Pedobear of Visions

This looks ALOT more Organized and alot better to be honest. But, Balloons don't work in most of Uladh Continent. o-o

Soulsaps wrote:
This looks ALOT more Organized and alot better to be honest. But, Balloons don't work in most of Uladh Continent. o-o

Infantry (A) and Infantry (B) are the only way to fight in Uldah :p.

Air Force (A) and Air Force (B) as well as both infantry can be used in Iria.

Pedobear of Visions

Question can we infiltrate the place?

Just keep it within the guild. I don't want this with other guilds.

Pedobear of Visions

Yer. This will be best small scale. o-o

Alright then...Lamp if it is successful in our guild and it gets good publicity when its over can we then spread to other guilds?

Well if that's the case I call District VI.

Now because its in our guild should we form teams of 4-8?

Karikus wrote:
Alright then...Lamp if it is successful in our guild and it gets good publicity when its over can we then spread to other guilds?

Well if that's the case I call District VI.

Now because its in our guild should we form teams of 4-8?

Alright, but tell me before you invite other guilds.

Pedobear of Visions

3 teams of four.

Keep it in the Taillteann, Tara, and Emain Macha Area.

(Their the four nicest places)

Soulsaps wrote:
3 teams of four.

This starts now ;p

I guess.

My team is just me and we Have Emain, but I'm looking for more.

Which one do you want Soul?

Pedobear of Visions

Karikus wrote:
Soulsaps wrote:
3 teams of four.

This starts now ;p

I guess.

Uhhh Then we gotta replace Tara. o_o uhh This would be best organized and made into an event instead of sudden o3o.

Soulsaps wrote:
Karikus wrote:
Soulsaps wrote:
3 teams of four.

This starts now ;p

I guess.

Uhhh Then we gotta replace Tara. o_o uhh This would be best organized and made into an event instead of sudden o3o.

Let's replace Tara by making a compromise. :] Instead of Tara. Bangor, and Tir can be your starting districts.

So...all I need now is a council approval?

Awarded:

Very awesome plan, once i get back, ill be a foot soldier , unless i can use alchemy in the air, anyway i fully encourage this idea! Elf side! And what skills are off limits, are knockbacks ok?

Oh bytehby..if tara is available...IT IS MYNE!!!! (ima be the royal alchemist , so i get a castle :P) And we can be the heads, and were gna need teams. And we could keep it in the tail, abb neagh, blago, tara, territories, due to awesomeness and the abilityto fly. And whoever has tail, ill do some diplomacy with you to share our resources :D

http://mc.wdkk.de/rand.jpg :3
Karikus
The Elementalist

claypot19 wrote:
Very awesome plan, once i get back, ill be a foot soldier , unless i can use alchemy in the air, anyway i fully encourage this idea! Elf side! And what skills are off limits, are knockbacks ok?

Oh bytehby..if tara is available...IT IS MYNE!!!! (ima be the royal alchemist , so i get a castle :P) And we can be the heads, and were gna need teams. And we could keep it in the tail, abb neagh, blago, tara, territories, due to awesomeness and the abilityto fly. And whoever has tail, ill do some diplomacy with you to share our resources :D

The Idea is that Tailletien has the greatest defense cause their army can fly.
Emian Macha has the greatest trade capability because the paths connecting are narrow and hard to fight in so no one can surprise attack.
Bangor has good isolation.
and Tir has the best raw material trade.

Pedobear of Visions

Karikus wrote:
claypot19 wrote:

The Idea is that Tailletien has the greatest defense cause their army can fly.
Emian Macha has the greatest trade capability because the paths connecting are narrow and hard to fight in so no one can surprise attack.
Bangor has good isolation.
and Tir has the best raw material trade.
Emain, Actually has better natural resources, and their one of the richest. If we ever do play. I want Emain macha.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: