View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: VISIONS' HISTORY

I don't know if I can remember or write all the exact details of Visions' history. But I will try to write as much as I can I suppose. Visions' has had a rough history of leadership loss, conflict, growth and decline. I will write a bit, and then perhaps add in more in the next few days maybe. Feel free to add in details, we'll compile all of Visions' history here!

It is important to know our guild’s history to give respect to the contributions of Visions’ former leaders and members, and so that we can learn from our mistakes and hopefully be more careful when we decide our future leaders and future guild activities.

Visions was established on June 2009. The name of the guild was voted on. I was in favour of this guild name. Visions' goal was to promote fun in Mabinogi community. The first five members to start the guild was Hiroki, Isuruginoe, Firefox971, Arc4, and CyrilPogi (one of my alts). I was cautious about beginning new guilds at that time, since I knew the probability of new guilds developing at that time were slim, and I still had my loyalties in Zeroskills, so I only used my alt to help acquire GP, that was my initial intention. A week after though, I decided I was ready to move on and lead my own guild, so I joined in with my main character.

COUNCIL HISTORY

Visions’ council system wasn’t fully established until a month after Visions was created. The first 5 original councils are, Hiroki, Cyril0321, Isuruginoe, bleedthrough, and Cider. Councils are the leaders of Visions.
The recruitment system at the beginning was similar to the one right now, it was agreed that 2 council approvals were required to approve an applicant. The approvals were done through notes though, not through the website, we just let each other know whom we approved. As Visions’ leadership underwent changes, the recruitment process also underwent changes.

Quote:
Council responsibilities/expectations:
- Recruit new members into the guild. Approve website and guild stone applications. Visions receive applications from new members, returning members, and members bringing in alts.
- Moderate forums and manage the website.
- Discuss guild rules, plans, events, activities and ideas in Officer Discussion forum then decide on how things should be implemented.
- Respond to VPA suggestions, member feedbacks and feedbacks given by players outside the guild to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Communicate with other councils regularly.
- Penalize and reward guild members appropriately.

*MINISTERS are retired councils. They give their advise to the current councils.

Former Council members:

Hiroki – Original Council. First guild leader of Visions. Left Visions after a month, passed leadership to Isuruginoe, moved on to join Dreams, stayed a few weeks I believe and then became inactive and was eventually removed from Dreams. Hiroki says that the reasons for his leaves were because he is just "the kind of person who gets tired of things easily" I suppose Hiroki had a flaw to begin with. It was a good thing he had enough sense not to disband the guild though, otherwise Visions would have had an early end.

*When I talk about leadership, I meant the crown, the leadership representative. Mabi only allows one leader. Visions has 5 leaders, the Councils.

Isuruginoe – Original Council. Second leader. When Hiroki passed leadership to Isu, she continued for another month until leadership was able to be passed on again. Leadership was passed to Cyril0321. Isuruginoe moved on to Aesir because she had more friends there. Isuruginoe rejoined Visions early June 2010. Isuruginoe is currently in Visions.

bleedthrough – Original Council. I suppose… I had a really big argument with bleed about the approvals of some applicants. I thought bleed was being overly mean to applicants because I was hearing feedbacks from applicants on how bleed seemed to be, “unapproachable”. Our conflict in ideas eventually caused him to leave Visions. bleed went to rebuild Harvest, his old guild after leaving Visions. He is still building Harvest today, although only semi-active, logging in a few days every week in his giant or human character.

Cider – Original Council. Cider is really good friends with bleedthrough. He chose to leave Visions right after bleedthrough left Visions. He joined Harvest to help bleedthrough develop Harvest. Right after bleedthrough and Cider left, and since Isu and Hiroki also already left previously, I was pretty much the only active council left. I changed the recruitment process to one approval.

Pandarehab
– Council member who was voted to replace Hiroki’s council position when he left. Unfortunately, Panda was not an active council. He took a break from Mabinogi at that time, resulting on a loss of council member number. Panda is back now for g9 I believe, he is still currently in Visions as a member.

Knightymage – Was voted council member because Knightymage was helpful with the development of Visions’ website. He also replaced Isuruginoe’s council position. Unfortunately like Pandarehab however, Knightymage also took a break from Mabinogi at that time, resulting in another loss of council member number. Knightymage has been removed from the guild due to lack of communication and long inactivity on April 2011.

Lucky13[/b] – Shortly after bleed and Cider left Vision and I was alone in Visions’ leadership, I found Lucky. He helped me bring Visions together again, from all the leadership loss. Fox later joined Visions’ council, and Visions had 3 councils for awhile, but the council recruitment remained at one vote required. Lucky did not stay in the guild though for crazy reasons =P I don’t completely understand actually, it’s best you ask him yourself.

Lucian1108 – Was given council position because of his helpful ideas. However, Lucian became inactive in guild activities shortly after he became council without a word, so the position was taken back.

Firefox971 – Was one of the original founders of Visions. Fox was not part of the original council though because he left about a week after Visions was established because of an argument between Fox and Hiroki. Fox joined Noblesse after Visions I think. Fox rejoined Visions about 4 months after he left, became council, stayed for about 2 months, and then moved on to Arcana because Fox “wants to be in a guild of all level 1000+ for guild battle and to help his friend build Arcana.”

Litokawaisky – Became council on December 26, 2009. Lito is the former leader of Crysis. She joined Visions with a few members from Crysis around early December. Lito has resigned her Council position and left Visions on Saturday, February 20, 2010 to start her own guild, Simple.

Fumy – Elected as council on February 23, 2010. Fumy has been a member of Visions since early January, 2010. She left Visions on March 7, 2010.

Kirno – Elected as council on February 23, 2010. Kirno has been a member of Visions since mid December 2009. She left Visions on March 7, 2010.

Yahni – Elected as council on Jan 4, 2010. Yahni came around the time Lucky13 joined Visions. She was a former VPA before she was elected as Council. She moderates a public Ventrilo server for Tarlach. Yahni is currently a member of Visions

Tayamasha – Elected as council on Jan 4, 2010. Tayamasha was a former VPA before she was elected as Council. Taya joined Visions early August, then left a month later to join Dreams, then returned to Visions again the following month. Taya is currently a member of Visions and she is active member.

Encore – Chosen as council on March 11, 2010. Encore has been a member of Visions since January 2010. He resigned Council on June 7, 2010. He is currently a member of Visions. He was awesome.

MrCudlypoofs - Elected as council on August 2010 when lampert's 3 month council term ended. Is currently in Visions as a minister since November 2010. Currently in Visions. She left Visions and she move to Slave guild. She is currently member in Slave guild. She will be miss in this guild.

Falmosta – Joined Visions on early February, 2010. He was elected as Council on June 7, 2010. Was re-elected as council for 3 more months on September 2010. He is currently an active minister of Visions since December 2010. Falmosta resign as Minister of Vision in July 2011 and left Visions. Falmosta move on to Ryuusei guild and he is currently a member of Ryuusei Guild. We will miss him so much.

Soulsap - Elected as Council on November 2010. He is currently a minister of Visions since February 2011. He left visions and he move to Slave guild. He is currently member to Slave Guild. He will be miss in this guild.

Saya676 - First elected as council on October 2010. Re-elected as council for 3 more months on January 2011. Re-elected as council for 3 more months on April 2011.

Souyui - First elected as council on December 2010. Was re-elected to council for 3 more months on March 2011.

Cyril0321 – She was Original Council. She has been here since the beginning of Visions! She has witnessed all the changes in the guild since the beginning. She made Visions’ music theme, our two existing promotional videos and designed most of our website. SHe was third Guild Leader of Visions. She is no longer active and she left the guild. We will miss her as guild leader.

Current Councils

Lisita - Elected as Council on February 2011 when Mrcudlypoof's 3 month council term ended. I left Visions when council term finished on April 30th 2011. I is currently in Ryuusei and Visions Guild. And August 3, 2011 I am come back to visions and become the 4th Guild Leader for Visions.

b]lampert[/b] – Elected as council on February 2, 2010. Re-elected as Council on May 7, 2010 for 3 months. lampert has been a member of Visions since July 2009. He is currently a minister of Visions since August 2010. He got Re-elected in May 2011 in Council after Listia finish her 3 months being council. He is currently active member.

Emissary- She was Elected in June 2011 in Council after Saya second term. She is currently active member in Visions.

Allenwalker- He was Elected in Council July 2011 after Souyui finish her second term. He is currently active member in Visions.

Past Council Elections

Council elections usually occur when Visions needs new Councils. The elections last for one week and then two days to reflect on the results of the election.

The following are dates when Visions had Council Elections:

December 25, 2009
January 20, 2010
February 13, 2010
Every month since Nov 2010

VPA HISTORY

On November 26, 2009 Visions created the Visions Protection Agency (VPA). This is a group within the guild. It was created as a response to the growing number of members in Visions. Since Visions was becoming a large guild, there was an increase in the number of member misconduct. Members were experiencing harassment from other members of Visions and by players outside the guild because of small conflicts that kept being ignored. There were too many small lingering member problems that the councils alone were not enough to moderate every member conflict. As a result, the VPA was created to ensure that Visions members are protected from harassments so that they can continue to have fun in the guild and to promote fun in the Mabinogi community!

All the VPAs until February 2010 have been chosen by the council. But recently, after a debate in officer discussions regarding VPA freedom, Visions’ council has agreed to let existing VPA members decide VPA member recruitment.

VPAs have been disbanded since March 11, 2010.

Quote:
VPA responsibilities/expectations:
- Moderate forums
- Create guild events/activities that reduce harassment and promote good behaviour
- Report harassment to council members and suggest solutions to resolve conflicts
- Discuss ideas in Officer Discussion forum

Former VPAs

Lastfantasy – Chosen as VPA on December 6, 2009. Resigned VPA and left Visions in early January 2010. Still active in Visions’ forums. Currently in Arcana.

Yahni – Chosen as VPA on December 6, 2009. Resigned VPA after being elected as Council on January 4, 2010.

Tayamasha – Chosen as VPA on December 6, 2009. Resigned VPA after being elected as Council on January 4, 2010.

Gilbert – Chosen as VPA on December 6, 2009. Resigned VPA in late January 2010. Gilbert is still an active member of Visions.

Incarne – Chosen as VPA on December 6, 2009. Resigned VPA and left Visions in early February 2010. Incarne is currently in Aesir.

Nekostory – Chosen as VPA on January 21, 2009. Resigned VPA and left Visions 3 days after given VPA position. Nekostory is now in Arcana.

Mizouku – Chosen as VPA on January 21, 2009. Mizouku has been around Visions since July 2009! Really nice person, always very helpful. He is still currently an active member of Visions.

Koutakun
– Chosen as VPA on January 21. Koutakun left Visions on March 7, 2010.

Past VPA Applications

VPA is a voluntary job. The Councils pick from applications that are sent by current members wishing to be a VPA. Councils usually give a week before they close applications for VPA.

The following are dates when Visions accepted VPA applications.

November 26, 2009
January 13, 2010

GUILD EVENT HISTORY

Visions has had a number of guild events in the past. All events until January 29, 2010 were hosted by the Councils. On January 29, 2010 Councils allowed members to host guild events for the guild.

Continuing Events

Member of the Month – Since November 2009, Visions rewards 10k NX to one Visions member every month who exemplifies Visions’ goal, to promote fun in the Mabinogi community.

Quote:
PAST MEMBER OF THE MONTHS!:

November 2009 = Yahni

December 2009 = Koutakun

January 2010 = Mizouku

February 2010 = Encore

March 2010 = lampert

April 2010 = claypot19

Guild Battle – Visions has been present in every guild battle since September 2009. Saturdays 8 PM PST.

Guild Get-together
– Since September 29, 2009 Visions had weekly guild meetings on Saturdays 12 noon PST in ch 3 Dunbarton Library for members to socialize and talk about on-going events. But because there was a problem with attendance and communication during meetings, Guild Get-togethers were canceled since February 1, 2010.

This section of the history has not been updated since March 2010!

Past Council Guild Events

October 2, 2009 Guild Peaca run
Scavenger Hunt Event
2v2 Guild Tournament
Dueling Seminar Event
Halloween Peaca Fun
Creative Halloween
Tarlach Fair
Christmas Drawing Event
Dungeon Video Event!
3v3 Guild Tournament

Past Member Guild Events

Catuday
Valentine's day Photo Op

Cancelled Events

Guild Forum Event
Hide and Seek - No link available, hosted by lampert, thread was deleted.
4v4 No Rules Tournament
Tarlach Guild Christmas Video Contest

VISIONS’ MEDIA HISTORY

Visions Music Themes

Visions’ theme song was composed by Cyril0321 on June 2009. The first version of the music is arranged on piano and drums. The theme song is featured in Visions’ first promotional video.

On November 7, 2009 a guild attempt was made to create lyrics for Visions’ theme on the guild event, “Sing Our Song”. Currently the event is still in progress and we are waiting for someone to sing for all of us! =P

On February 16, 2010 a septet of Visions’ theme was arranged for Mabinogi live play. The guild still has yet to record an exciting live performance in Mabinogi! [MP3] [MML]

On January 28, 2010 Litokawaisky shared the idea of creating individual music themes for each Visions Council member. Visions’ Councils have agreed to go ahead with this idea.

Litokawaisky’s theme was completed on February 14, 2010. Arranged on piano solo. [MIDI] [Music Sheet]

Yahni's theme was completed on February 23, 2010. Arranged on Glockenspiel, Flute, Violin, Violincello, Piano, Drums and Whip. [MP3] [Music Sheet]

Cyril0321's theme was completed on March 6, 2010.

Website Headers

Visions had a history of website headers!

1st website header (did not last very long)
Forum Image

2nd website header (mid August to mid October 2009):
Forum Image

3nd website header (mid October to early November 2009 - Halloween header):
Forum Image

4th website header (early November to early December 2009):
Forum Image

5th website header (early December to end of December 2009 - Christmas header):
Forum Image

6th website header (early January to mid February 2010)
Forum Image

7th website header (Current Header)
Forum Image

Visions Event/Notice Banners

History of Event/Notice headers that were displayed in the main page of Visions' website.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Promotional Videos

The first and second promotional videos of Visions were created on June 2009, featuring the 5 original councils, the music theme, and the guild highlights. The videos are about a minute long each. They are uploaded in YouTube under Visionsguild account.

On February 10, 2010 a guild attempt was started to create a new promotional video. It is still currently in development

Website/Forums

Visions’ first website is http://visionsguildsites.weebly.com – created by Hiroki on late May even before Visions was made

Our first forums was http://visions.forumotion.com/ - created by Firefox971 on late May even before Visions was made

The website and forum we have right now (www.visionshome.guildlaunch.com or www.visionsguild.net.tc ) was not made until late July 2009. Our website used to have ads too, but the website was upgraded to remove ads on August 13, 2009.

OTHER NOTABLE HISTORY

Guild Battles

Visions had 1st place in Guild Battle for the first time on October 10, 2009. And then the 2nd time on October 31, 2009. The guild Dreams was not present during these two Guild Battles. Dreams is notable because they are known for always taking 1st place in Guild Battle. =P

Visions did take 1st place from Dreams though. The first win against Dreams was on December 12, 2009. And then following a 2nd win against Dreams on January 23, 2010.

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2011/05/03 23:21; edited 37 times in total

Very interesting, I feel more like a part of this guild now.

-was left out-
D:
Were do me yahni taya and lampert get one heehe o-o

Legacy Member

Awarded:

Litokawaisky wrote:
-was left out-
D:

That's cause they don't want you to leave ;)

History is something in the past, not something that's going on in the present, :P

Photobucket
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

Umm Lucian is still in the guild.............. unless
im crazy or something.

Council Member

Awarded:

lampert wrote:
Umm Lucian is still in the guild.............. unless
im crazy or something.

haha! Whops sorry, he did tell me that he was going to leave though but doesn't know where to go next =S

Didn't know he stayed. Not that I want him to leave, it's good he's still here. I really really want to know what's up!

Council Member

Awarded:

Litokawaisky wrote:
-was left out-
D:

Well, I'm not finished to the current! xD

I'll be continuing some Visions history, writing up different parts of it too, until the present. I suppose I would have to add your leave to Visions' history soon too. confused

that story was epic

i need to be a councel member =3

Brings back memories......

Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

k, added information on Current Councils. I do encourage everyone to add more details if you want to share something about the councils mentioned. Anything that would remind us about them will be very helpful! wink

...that's it?

Visions has a lot of history in Mabinogi i suppose.

Council Member

Awarded:

I'll be adding more tomorrow. And I have to ask Hiroki to elaborate on his reasons, and... he may have a few things to say about Visions' beginnings.

lampert, feel free to edit/add on to what I wrote if you feel like adding something, you've been around in Visions pretty much for as long as I have been.

Council Member

Awarded:

Okay, added the VPAs' history.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: