View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirno

re: another tournament im thinking of

hello i was thinking about makeing a guild tourament myself but i know im bound to fail with it alone anyways here it is

its 1v1 pvp (fighting zone not sure yet) so there will be 3 diffrent "sets"
melle, magic, and range. for geting 1st you get anther a fully profed weapon of the set (like magic would be wand) or money im not sure yet.

also this may be alittle mad to some people but i wish to have anyone over the lvl of 1k to NOT enter the tourament *mainly becuse i/we will want others to have a fighting chance and not get raped by someone with all rank1 skills =/ also if you have more then 4 rank 1 skills of that set your not alowd also (like wm, def, cm) (lifeskills and transform dont count) so yah i know i kinda basterdized the rules a bit i may chage them later in fact i dont think this will happen its just a thot.

now skills that will be not alowd is FH and FS and MM and trans (dont count agaiince rank1 skills, so you can have rank 1 fh and it wont count tords the 4)

armor aganse the class your playing is not aloud also (range def armor for range pvp) this is to make it so people have a chance without haveing to be rich. this incleds encants on armor and weapons. no egos or upgrades are aloud. no pots. no pets. no nao bombs.

now this is how it will be played,
you pick a class to fight as they are
1 melee
2 magic
3 range
you must not use a weapon with enchant on it and you must have nothing on (you can were a robe if you wish)

Q&A

Q. why cant anyone over 1000 join
A. this is to alow people the chance to have fun who are lower lvled, i may make one that dont exclude lvl or amor

Q. why can we were anything
A. this is to make it so that you have no advanges over others useing upgrades and encants, just becuse you can buy these dont mean others can and i want this to be fair as posable

once again i dont even know if im going to do this, this is just my thots and i am willing to change it if posable...maybe

well any ideas?
crazyjuan2
the -={Rule Breaker}=-

that sound good but..... can we make it 6 rank 1 skills and can u participate in all set like you could go into melee and then go do range or they all going to b at the same time
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

Lol, well I won't be able to participate. With the r1's and the lvls. confused

But I'd be interested in watching it. envy

If you are willing to put your time and effort to create it, then yea, go for it.

yah i gess i could bump it up to 6

also the time i have no idea this was just thots
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

Typically 1v1 isn't good for a tournament within a guild because there is such a lvl gap. At least in 2v2 or 3v3 u have teamates to help out. One v 1 its really who just is higher lvled.

like i sead not rily planed out
Encore*
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Awarded:

alright.. this is gonna be hectic.. but here goes

I actually had a supremely large tournament in mind for months. I have worked out many details already. I will explain all in the following:

Style: 1 v 1 - individual competition

Classes:
(a) Melee

(b) Range

(c) Magic

(d) Melee - Range

(e) Melee - Magic

(f) Range - Magic

(g) Melee - Range - Magic

Each contender is eligible to participate in as many classes as they wish (also I thinking that based on the number of applicants for each, we might cut out one or several classes, depends on the number of interested persons). Each class will be open to everyone. There could be (not sure whether or not to implement this) separate sections for people lvl 100-499, 500 - 999, and 1000+.

Each contender will be wearing basic uniform that all participating contenders must wear. Each contender must be using a simple weapon(s) with no enchants or upgrades of their own choice[contender will be supplying his/her own uniform and weapon].

Rules: Encore Standard (yes, i'm going to name my own rulebook )

(a) HP and MP pots are deemed strictly illegal, if purposefully violated, it will result in the disqualification of the contendant. If accidently violated (a stupidly-placed hotkey), the violater will be subject to a loss in his/her current match and possible disqualification. A referee will be asking each individual contender what their stats are prior to the match so as to gauge for mana shield and pot usage (if someone gets hurt for 400 mp and they only have 200, guess who's in trouble..)

(b) No Final Hit, Final Shot, Mirage Missile, poisoned weapons or transformation at any point in the match. Successful use of the skill will result in disqualification (which means you can turn the skill on, but if you use it, you're out. if you trans, you recover points, so you're instantly out)

(c) Magic spam is not allowed. The definition of magic spam according the Encore Standard (Encore Rules for short) = use of same magic skill 3 times in mixed class duels, 4 times in magic only duels. Magic spam is also qualified as spam when a person is shot more than 5 times with magic in a mixed class duel. (I'm still wondering whether or not advanced magic should be allowed. I personally believe it shouldn't be because some people do not have the money or time or some other reason which prevents them from obtaining the spell[s] - feel free to debate this, and also the first person who shoots ice spear is prob going to win).

(d) Battle rules - no pet rule (you can try to summon a pet to grab another weapon or something if you are fast enough, but if the pet actually hits someone -> instant disqualification), no bombs (instant out)

(e) Battles are to be either 10, 20, or 25%. Standard is 10% but if both parties agree to another % (the 20 or 25, then they may change it with the permission of the referee or judge [to be decided later]).

There will be 4 types of officials during the entire tournament process.
(1) Referee = this job requires the ref to watch each match and see that it is fought fairly and will report to the scorekeeper the results of the match or lack thereof (no shows, etc.)
(2) Scorekeeper = this job requires the keeper to mark down the winners and losers and place them appropriately in the correct bracket/result table and ultimately report to the board the results
(3) Judge = this job requires the judge to decide whether or not a contested decision made by a scorekeeper is valid or invalid. they will also monitor different matches at times to ensure that matches are kept civil and legal. They can also ask a board member questions or defer to them decisions that they feel they are not qualified to decide.
(4) Board Member = this job requires the member to be watching over the entire tournament and its operations. Each board member will gather near the finale of the tournament to announce winners and other matters related to the tournament.

I believe that these officials will be paid for their duties (pay not yet decided) and board members will be the recruiters for these positions.

I believe a small entrance fee would be great for the tournament, perhaps 1-10k or more or less depending on many other factors (level sections, special circumstances, etc. [if wondering about discounts, you can give them your money, discounts will not be funded by the actual tournament pool].

Also, the entrance fee to the tournament will cover the pay of the officials (officials can also participate, just they need someone to cover for them as well) and the prize money for the winner(s) - not sure if it will be winner-take-all or 1,2,3, etc.

The location I believe will vary, I think of several possible locations
- Emain City, people can use obstacles here for cover, retreat, etc.
- Sen Mag Plains, wide open area with no obstacles except for the scattered trees
- Muyu Desert, no cover at all, people can kill the surrounding wildlife so as to prevent them from interfering in a duel
- Star Landmark (Rano), clear nice locale, though hard to get to
- Emain Lake, glitched area, not many people can gain public access to this area due to the difficulty of entering the glitched area (contestants can be trained in from housing or summoned)
- Etc.

The uniform is still debatable. I'm thinking some cheap cloth (2 def 0 prot) or light armor (4 def 2 prot.. i think? haven't used light armor in forever) that everyone can get at Tir or Dunbarton. People can choose from different uniforms, I'm thinking perhaps 1-6 possible uniform choices.

The weapons will be basic weapons available at NPC stores that do not exceed 60k. This means a contender may purchase a claymore, a gladius, and a shield (I think kites are less than 60 right? if not, kites are ok). A full weapons list will be produced later if so desired. No weapons can be enchanted or upgraded in the least. It can be blessed or un-blessed though (and don't get smart with the blessed enchant, even though I think that's just for hats).

That concludes my explanation.

now for comments..
if anyone wants to change anything or offer alternative suggestions for the stuff i said or didn't say, tell me. i think that r1 skills shouldn't be a factor at all btw (if using my level sectioning thing [100-499, etc.] and even if sectioning didn't or can't work out, i still think it shouldnt' be a factor (and we don't want ppl lying to us anyways to try to fake it because then we'll have to filter through a bunch of SS to find out what's real and what's not).
to lamp: 1v1 isn't about who is higher leveled. i think i am such an example (i killed many ppl higher than me by hundreds and some over twice my level)

regarding ping and net speed: nothing i can do for the masses, just suck it up. you got probs, fix it, don't complain about it.
for some of my friends and vision members, i can offer to help fix up your pc and optimize it to provide maximum net speed and actual pc performance speed.

also if this goes well, i want someone to make a super cool banner/ad thing and the bugles and more ads and stuff

edit: i think many ppl will read this, so i advertise..
WHO IS ISURUGINOE'S HUSBAND? ty for any info you might have Happy please send note to me in-game (Encore) or something or other. but any info would be great thanks Happy

Last edited by Encore* on 2010/01/07 2:55; edited 10 times in total

Kirno

marage missle is MM
its a elf olny skill that shots poison at its target (it well kill in % duals)
Encore*
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Awarded:

ty for that, changed it accordingly in main post. not sure if this might be contested though since humans have AR, though imo, i think it's ok since elves loadtime for mag is a third of the time it takes for humans to load it.

Kirno

yah but magshot dont get a 1st shot aimboost =/
Encore*
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Awarded:

Kirno wrote:
yah but magshot dont get a 1st shot aimboost =/

i agree, there's always prices to pay. if the elf can get the mag off, there goes a ton of hp. we can discuss tactics personally if you wish (elves do pretty well without AR based on my experience, though there are ways to counter them. no one race is perfect, all have their strengths and weaknesses). if you have a problem with the actual tournament rules, then it's good to share. but thanks for the input anyways

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum