to win
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
to stand there and look bored
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Luckiii

re: Guild battle D:(just a small discussion)

are we trying to win =o? or just going for fun
just something i wanted to ask the guild =3

i go for fun and also in the back of my mind to win xD

LastFantasy

well to tell yeh da truth my first intention was to win for second place, buttt since visions been closing da gap between dreams i cant help but wanna beat them :p
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Well... since guild battle promotes competition for 1st place because the title reward is only for the first place, and since no one really likes to lose because being a loser isn't really fun, I think most people are convinced that they go to guild battles to win!

However, the urge to win ultimately derives from our intention to have fun. We want to win because being a winner is fun, having the title is fun, and being first place is fun! Thus, I believe we are going to guild battle essentially for fun.

To have fun doesn’t necessarily mean we have to win though. Other members in our guild may be content enough by being the 2nd place winner. So… it really depends on your expectation. But I think your expectations about guild battle do not matter in a sense that, answering the poll question, the reason why people go for guild battle is always to have fun! Why else would you go to guild battle if it isn’t fun for you? xD

Oh, Lucky since we all know we’re going to guild battle ultimately to have fun but it seems we have different expectations about fun in guild battle, I think a better question is, “What are things you expect from guild battle? What makes it fun for you?”

That’s just my observation. Does that make sense? No? confused

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2009/11/14 14:01; edited 1 time in total

I go to win. Though after a while, when Dreams turn into Full Rec Pot hoggers and get like 999999 more points than us, I just go around killing random people I see. Mostly dreams though. :9
Yahni~
The Visionary Hermit

I think that if we all went and gave it 110%, we would win. But really, I just now go to mess around or have fun.

Cyril0321 wrote:
Well... since guild battle promotes competition for 1st place because the title reward is only for the first place, and since no one really likes to lose because being a loser isn't really fun, I think most people are convinced that they go to guild battles to win!

However, the urge to win ultimately derives from our intention to have fun. We want to win because being a winner is fun, having the title is fun, and being first place is fun! Thus, I believe we are going to guild battle essentially for fun.

To have fun doesn’t necessarily mean we have to win though. Other members in our guild may be content enough by being the 2nd place winner. So… it really depends on your expectation. But I think your expectations about guild battle do not matter in a sense that, answering the poll question, the reason why people go for guild battle is always to have fun! Why else would you go to guild battle if it isn’t fun for you? xD

Oh, Lucky since we all know we’re going to guild battle ultimately to have fun but it seems we have different expectations about fun in guild battle, I think a better question is, “What are things you expect from guild battle? What makes it fun for you?”

That’s just my observation. Does that make sense? No? confused

Cyril pretty much summed up what I go to GB for.

Awarded:

Okay, well I’m sure everyone goes to Guild Battle because it is at some level, fun to do. The poll choices, to win or to stand there and look around bored, could easily be taken from our intention to have fun! People for example may feel that to win guild battle is fun to them. Similarly, some people may claim that standing in GB looking bored is fun for them! xD

So there’s really no argument here… so… let’s talk about what makes Guild Battle fun instead? Haha! It will help give more focus to members, and it’s just fun to hear what people say! xD

Well, for me what makes guild battle fun are the following:

(I will try to list them from my greatest like to least! xD)

1) Guild Activity – I like the fact that guild battle is a guild activity, something the whole guild can do! It’s fun to see everyone helping each other in guild battle.

2) A chance to meet other guilds – Since Guild Battle is open to all guilds in Tarlach, it is a great event to meet, appreciate, and recognized other guilds in the server. It’s like a big meeting place!

I always suggest smaller guilds to join guild battle so that they can be seen at least! =P

But yes, in guild battle, it’s really fun that I can get to know other guilds and guild leaders.

3) Competition – Some competition in guild battle is always fun! I like to compete with other players not only because it gives me the opportunity to improve myself, but also because I like people’s comments when I surprise them! =P

4) Winning title and guild rank – The title, player score, and guild score are the ending results of guild battle. But I do not really look forward to these as much as the activities during guild battle.

What about you? What makes guild battle fun for you? Happy

i like to kill people who are stronger then me with all my other guildies!
Litokawaisky

i gb for fun cause overall it is just for fun ;p~<3 Winning is nice also cause it shows your hard work pulled off haha. Did tat make sence ;o

Lol, we should edit this cuase we already won the GB ;D. But today i feel we gonna get our arse beat D:
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum