9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
I don't care
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Healing Gibby
The First Aid Boxy

re: My first fighting guide (for mage warriors)

This is actually my first time teaching, but bear with me.

You should first learn your equips and how they can help you.
Wands:
Pros:
    Farther range (Helps fight fomors that use magic so you can hit them without you being in THEIR range. This also help decrease the advantage archers have over you)
    Ability to use adv magic (To make this shorter, I won't delve into this)
    Use of meditation while running (allows you to gain mana faster and run if you need to)
Con:
    Mana Evaporation: (aka losing mana once you dequip it)

NOTE: I won't suggest using wands unless you really want to spam magic. However, you waste mana faster by continuously spamming a magic skill. I recommend you throw in some melee skills to avoid using your mana so fast.
Mana is after all vital towards mages.
A shield and a weapon:
NOTE: You can use any weapon and any shield. Just keep in mind the stagger rates of the weapon (e.g. Slow, Very slow). I recommend using weapons with slow and very slow stagger rates so that you can cast/ charge skills without having to worry about the fomor that you are fighting to retailiate quickly.
Pros:
    Increased Defense (Depending on the shield, you will take less damage. Even more, you will get extra defense and protection than usual when using the "Defense" skill)
    Ability to use the "Charge" skill (This skill is very beneficial since you can instantly go right up to your oppenent and strike. More on this skill later)
Con:
    none

Dual weild:
NOTE: AGAIN, you can use any weapon, but keep in mind of the stagger rates. Recommendation: you can use any if you switch to a weapon and shield equipment right after you finished you're combo.
Pros:
    More times to attack (= more damage)
    Ability to use the "Final hit" skill (allows you to continuously attack without staggering from enemy attacks. More on this skill later)

Cons:
    None

2 handed swords:
NOTE: Do not use these. I find them to be only "just for show" items like the dragon blade

SKILLS:
Final hit: Like I said, this skill allows you to continuously attack (with normal attacks) without staggering from enemy attacks. HOWEVER, this skill is easily defeated by counter, windmill, and firebolt (and smash too, but the likelihood of getting smashed with final hit is very low unless you let them smash you) You CAN use final hit with a shield, however this is not advised since only using dual wield will the skill let you continuously attack. Do note that you can switch weapons while using this skill. The skill has a long cool down time dpending on your rank of the skill. Final hit pretty much defeats your opponent unless he/she/it has high hp/def.

Charge: Allows you to run as fast as an ostrich using rush, this skill will ignore staggering from ranged attacks. This skill can ONLY be used with a shield (unless you're a giant) and you can NOT switch weapons unlike final hit. However, this skill charges up in less than a second and has a cool down time of 10 seconds. This skill will instantly be canceled upon being hit with a magic attack. This skill should only be used against monsters using magic WHEN YOU ARE SURE YOU WILL HIT THEM BEFORE THEY FINISH CASTING THEIR SPELL. This skill also has an incredible staggering time and will allow you to sneak in some good attacks. This skill should be followed up by switching to dual weaps and attacking it normally.

Smash: I won't go over this skill that much. Just know that you can use it to safely hit a target using defense and that it can be stopped by normal attacks, counter, windmill, magic attacks, and charge. Use only against a target that is not aggroed to you. Good to charge magic skills right after execution.

Counter: Same. Just know that it is stopped by windmill, and magic attacks. Good to charge magic skills right after execution.

Defense: Same. Just know that Fire and smash actually knocks you back as well as to use normal attacks after defense is executed.

Windmill: Just know this skill eats up your hit points each time you execute it. I recommend not to use this skill unless you are fighting multi aggro monsters

Ice bolt: Very basic skill. Uses ~1-5 mana points. Decrease in casting time after rank 9. Use this when a target that charges magic (most of the fomors in erinn that have magical attacks use fire and advance magic. Use this to stop them from charging it. However don't use this against a target you know is casting lightning bolt or icebolt. The appropriate form of action is to either run towards it to attack (if you are close enough) or use defense). The spell is shot one at a time regardless if stacked or not. Stacking the spell only saves you the trouble of casting the spell after executing it.

Fire bolt: Damage is moderate. Uses 2~8 mana points. Decreases in casting time after rank 9. Use this to knock back a target (targets using magic will lose ALL charges of the spell unless it's a stacked fire or a rank 1 spell) Appropriate form of action to counter this spell is to charge ice/lightning bolt or use charge (if you are close enough). The skill increases in damage when you stack the spell. All stacks are realeased at once.

Lightning bolt: Damage is high. Uses 3~8 mana points. Decreases in casting time ater rank 5. Stacking and it effects are dependent on your target's location. Stacking will cause knock back at if the target is not close to any other fomors. However, if your target is close to other fomors, those fomors will be hit from the stacked lightning too. All stacks are released at once. Appropriate form of action is similar to that of ice bolt.

Strategies:
You really have to make your own or copy from a friend. Because there are so many fomors that fight in different ways, some strategies don't work with some fomors. So try to create flexible strategies as well as some specific strategies to fight. *cough* However fire spam can not be beaten by the average fomor. Those with advanced mana refractor are the only exception. *cough* Speaking of mana refractor, be aware of passive defense skills. These skills ignore staggering when hit by the corresponding skill type. A monster with heavy stander will have a chance not to stagger when hit with melee attacks. A monster with mana refractor will have a chance not to stagger when hit with spells. A monster with natural shield will have a chance not to stagger when hit with range attacks. However, skills that normally knock down the target (such as smash and firebolt) will knock down the target. Be sure to know which fomors have these passive skills and apply suitable strategies to fight them.

Bonus: I made this flexible strategy and decided to share it.
You MUST have dual wield in one of your weapon slots and a weapon with a shield in the other slots. When using this strategy, always use your weapon and shield to get closer to your target (Your shield will increase your defense in case your target hits you) and always normally attack with your dual weapons (for the increased damage). However, the switch between these two slots can provide your target with a chance to attack, so make sure to stagger the oppenent. (You can use ice bolt, charge, or a normal attack) I would post a video, but everything that can serve as a visual dummy dies to quickly T.T

lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

This totally strayed from the topics of mages. VERY BAD (but i like it that you are trying :D)

Council Member

Awarded:

I think its a good attempt! And the things you are saying are all true! Really helpful guide! Thank you Gilbert! =]

op i didnt see the mage WARRIOR part of the title =( is there a way i can change my vote?

Epic o-o;

DJSulfrus
The Last Giant Descendant

What about humans that are mage/rangers :X
Healing Gibby
The First Aid Boxy

I didn't expect anyone to actually bring this up again XD

----->I think archery is a fail skill<----- sorry ^^;

Kirno

archery is olny good if your a
1 rank1 range elf or human with rank 9~8+ ar
2 around 150+ dex

also archery has way more range then magic
Healing Gibby
The First Aid Boxy

Adv magic magic :D
Wand wands :D
and pocky attacks :D
and pets :3
and charge
and even FH XD
All eat range range :D

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guides and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: