Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Discussion (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
lampert
The Burrito Soup Lord Dictator

re: [GD] Application Improvements - Criteria

So I think the good criteria we have so far are

-guild relations/personality
-past problems/background check
-dungeoning/fighting skills
-slave work/usefullness

Please add or remove some, but remember to back-up your statements.

Also, try not to have too many. We don't want it to be TOO hard for applicants to get in. The same rules will be applied, AT LEAST 3 member and one council approval.

well on a side note, we could always test their luck with all 3 classes, have them pvp 20% against a full mage, archer, and melee, the applicate can use whatever he/she wishes but the opponent can only use his/her selected category, to see how well each person applying will fair in which situations for like dungeons and such, o.o
lampert

Wouldn't that fit under fighting/dungeoning skills? I'm not asking for how they should be tested, just what tested on. I think the way it is now is pretty good.

it was a mild suggestion, i mean i dont see what else they really could be tested on
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Well, I usually ask myself some questions whenever I look into an applicant. I suppose I can list them and try to fit them into categories. I think you've made up all possible categories though, with a few exceptions. Ah a few categories sprung up when I was listing things down! xD

1) Guild relations/personality

- Will I be able to trust this person?

- Is this person fun to talk to?

- Does this player know anyone already in the guild? If the player knows friends already in the guild, then he/she will stay longer, and fit in better in the guild.

- Is this person in conflict with any of the current members in the guild?

2) Past problems/background check

- Has this person moved on from past guild relations? Or are things still floating around? Does the applicant do nothing but talk about his/her past guild(s)? If so, he/she might be missing them and may most likely may not stay in the guild and return to his/her past guild.

- How many guilds has the applicant been in? Are the previous guilds similar to Visions? If they are similar, he/she will have an easier time fitting in. If not, warn about the changes.

- How much of the information I know about the applicant are actually true? Is the applicant being dishonest?

3) Dungeoning/fighting skills

- Does this player do well in dungeons/fighting? Will he/she be able to keep up with the rest of the guild?

4) PVP skills (Since it seems different than dungeoning)

- Does this player do well on pvp?

5) Usefullness/Services

- Does this player have any useful in-game life skills that will be beneficial to the guild?

- Does this person have music/art/management skills that may help the guild?

- Is this person willingness to help others?

6) Game commitment

- Does this player have long terms goals in the game? Having more goals in game means that this player will be active and stay in the guild for at least awhile.

- Is the player's total level reasonable to the length of time he/she has been around in mabi? If it's not, then the player may be somewhat inactive in-game, or may not work hard enough, he/she may give up on things easily.

- How active is this player?

7) Loyalty

- How well would this person work under pressure? Is a leadership position fit for him/her? Will he/she be able to handle days when the guild is not at its best? What is his/her reaction after hearing some hypothetical troubleshoot senarios?

- Do they really understand Visions' goal? Will they put a strong effort to benefit the guild?

8) Expectations/Potential improvement

- How high are the expectations of this person? Does he/she expect too much from Visions? Does he/she expect too little? Both can be a problem.

- How well does this person take advice?

- Can he/she learn things quickly?

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2010/06/04 1:45; edited 2 times in total

Yea, I didn't wanna have too many though.

I suppose we could add a commitment section which could fit sections 6-8 in. Um lump pvp with fighting/dungeoning. Thats why there is the fighting part. And Also for the usefullness/services, also just willingness to help, like rafting for ingots, or mining or helping with SMs or dungeons.

Council Member

Awarded:

yep. Well I think maybe we could use these 8 categories as guide. And perhaps recommend each approval from an applicant to at least test on 2 of these categories about an applicant.

That way, there's a lot of mixing we can do, it'll be a lot of fun! xD

Everyone can try different tests.

, alright, but take out the PvP one. Some people just SUCK at pvp. And I kinda want an applicant to have approvals on all subjects.

Council Member

Awarded:

Fine, ya. I suppose we can keep it at 7 categories, merge pvp and dungeoning tests together, which means 1 member from the 4 approvals would only have to test for 1 subject.

If everyone agrees, we'll make the categories and questions as the official guide and requirement for proper recruitment in three days!

Feel free to revise the list if you have any more ideas until then! xD

Legacy Member

Awarded:

Everyone should test on one of these aspects. How many do you think should be meet to gain an approval.

Photobucket
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Falmosta wrote:
Everyone should test on one of these aspects. How many do you think should be meet to gain an approval.

Well, I think if we're trying to be the best that we can in our applications, I think all aspects should be met to gain an approval.

I'm suggesting perhaps since there will be 7 categories an applicant will be tested on, that a member may choose to base his/her test on at least 2 of these categories when testing the applicant. The member who tested the applicant on the categories should answer at least some of the questions in the category guideline together with his/her approval or disapproval conclusion.

Anyway, should that be another guild discussion after we finalize our recruitment criteria and guideline? Or can we just assume here?

Cyril0321 wrote:
Falmosta wrote:

Well, I think if we're trying to be the best that we can in our applications, I think all aspects should be met to gain an approval.

I'm suggesting perhaps since there will be 7 categories an applicant will be tested on, that a member may choose to base his/her test on at least 2 of these categories when testing the applicant. The member who tested the applicant on the categories should answer at least some of the questions in the category guideline together with his/her approval or disapproval conclusion.

All criteria must be met. This may change as we see how recruitment goes, but for now that is how it is. And some members may overlapp approval's if they want. But all seven must be met. The ammount of approvals is still same though. Minimum of 3 member, one council.

Legacy Member

Awarded:

I see. Well I think we have come up with allot of things the require the guild together and discuss it. I would like to see people's opinions on these matters and the new question before we reopen applications.

Photobucket
lampert

I'm pretty sure this idea is a go. I'm still up for adding the new question, but someone may propose an argument that makes me change my mind.

Legacy Member

Awarded:

You have a good point, I have seen good pvpers, but when they come to doing Dungeons they fail. I am the opposite myself, I'm not that great at pvp, but when it comes to pve I do a heck of allot better.

I don't like to waste dura on pvp unless it's a guild event, a guild battle, or I got really bored.

The idea for when I pvp test peolpe, Is to see how they react to it. If they start insulting me or making excuses, then i reconsider WHETHER or not this person is good for our guild.

I do my dungeons the same way. I purposely put the player in over their head if i can to see how composed they stay.

I personally judge on more then skill but endurance and fortitude.

Photobucket
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> Guild Discussion (Private) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum