View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

re: [Tournament] 4v4 no rules tournament!

Forum Image

Hi Visions!

To keep things entertaining, Visions is hosting another tournament!

Here are a details!

A single-elimination 4v4 tournament in Filia Arena. We'll try a tournament with no arena rules this time, which means participants can FH/FS, use egos, use trans, pets, potions... etc. Damage % is not capped, it will remain 100% so that participants will die quickly even if they use potions. All matches are best out of 3, which means when two teams match up, they will play up to three games, and the first team to win two rounds is the overall winner of the match. The only restrictive rule is that you may only trans one time in one round of the match. So if a participant trans in 2 rounds or trans twice in the same round, that participant's team will be disqualified.

And ofcourse common rules against misbehavior will also apply in this tournament. Any team who articulate negative behaviour will instantly be disqualified and perhaps restricted from Visions’ future activities.

There will be no prize money for this tournament, participants are encouraged to register for fun.

Teams will be randomized! The end of registration for this event is Wednesday, January 20. This tournament will start Friday 8 PM PST as soon as the 3v3 tournament is done.

Thank you everyone!

*Members may register friends from outside the guild to join this tournament!

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 2010/05/26 16:13; edited 2 times in total

I wish to participate in this! I'm going to abuse pet revolverler!

yet u wont solo fif2

ill sign up :3 just hope i dont forget about it XD
Kirno

count me out of this one X-x

that tournament sound good but I'm out since my def suck and my pet control suck and people are going to spam pet and fh/fs
KoutaxD
The nice guy

I'm interested in this one. I'll give it a try

Council Member

Awarded:

re: Invite friends!

Ah added a detail! xD

I am registering "Lastfantasy" with Neko <3

yay :3~~!!!

Council Member

Awarded:

k I think what we'll do is randomize the teams, but try to put in friends on the same team. But we can't guarantee it! xD

No good can come from the Connous Arena. Being able to modify hp and NOT damage is a mockery of PvP. This 4v4 tournament looks to be an even bigger mess than the 3v3.

And now, with no rules, it will be chaotic. The matches will turn into a camp-fests, ensuring victory to the first team to get their first shots in. In short, the matches will be decided in a matter of seconds.
Cyril0321
Cyril0321
Council Member

Awarded:

Nitzlplix wrote:
No good can come from the Connous Arena. Being able to modify hp and NOT damage is a mockery of PvP. This 4v4 tournament looks to be an even bigger mess than the 3v3.

And now, with no rules, it will be chaotic. The matches will turn into a camp-fests, ensuring victory to the first team to get their first shots in. In short, the matches will be decided in a matter of seconds.

What do you mean? You're able to modify damage in Connous. But for this tournament it will be at 100%.

If you think this 4v4 tournament will be a a mess, then you don't have to join, no one is forcing you.

This tournament also has no prize money. Members are encouraged to participate for fun.

And the matches will not necessarily ensure victory to the first team to get their first shots in. Having 4 people in one team allows a team to think of many possible strategies. Furthermore, the winner of Connous Arena is not necessarily the team with the most kills. The winning team is the team which has the most number of stars after 5 minutes! Stars are collected by targeting opposing team members who have stars on their head. The objective of Connous Arena is essentially to steal the stars from the other team, enough so that your team has more stars than the other team after 5 minutes. Each player begins with 1 star.

So a good strategy maybe is to save skills such as FH/FS near the end of the match, so you can steal the stars from the other team like 30 seconds before the round ends, disallowing the other team to have enough time to retrieve the stars back again!

As well, you can try a strategy where 3 of your members defend 1 member who keeps all the stars, so that in that way, the 3 members can die as many times as they want without risking a loss, since the opposing enemy will not steal any stars from them!

Council Member

Awarded:

My friend Aeo will be participating in this event.

re: Re: Invite friends!

Cyril0321 wrote:
Ah added a detail! xD

hmm...(possibly goes to get bro)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Visions Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: